Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BREEZE!! GEOFENCE +500M

Ok a run down I did install with no issues but even thou the breeze connected but could not do the usual compass calibration does not show anything no battery level no satellites on the app I did not try to fly since was not sure, I guess I will try to reinstall and reset drone to see if it was just a glitch..

Ok a run down I did install with no issues but even thou the breeze connected but could not do the usual compass calibration does not show anything no battery level no satellites on the app I did not try to fly since was not sure, I guess I will try to reinstall and reset drone to see if it was just a glitch..

If you are not getting telemetry (battery level and status icons are gray) you do not have a full connection to the Breeze. I have seen this with partial connections using WiFi repeaters.

Reactions: AlligatoR
I was using it with just the phone and breeze I uninstalled and tried the regular breeze app would not connect so I tried with my iPhone x had a hard time connecting once connected I flew it until battery was low changed the battery would not connect. so I forgot about the reset button on the side of the breeze I will try to load the app on the Samsung s7 I will try to reset it first to see, I have not bought the wifi repeater I wanted to see if infact the breeze would work with this. If not I was going to get the mantis q..

Wow this is awesome! Havent tried it yet but I NEVER thought I would see the day when this would happen. It's kind of a yucky chilly day today so I dont think I'm going to try it out yet although i plan to take it as high as i can still visually see it.
Speaking of which I'm assuming the LOS rule is with your own eyes and not binoculars right?
I've tested the breeze out with other batteries and through all of my testing my opinion is all the parameters were locked down for pretty close to the best overall performance taking flight time into account. It WILL fly with way more weight from an upgraded battery but its heavily outweighed by having a serious affect on flight time so it's not worth it.
One of the problems with a higher capacity battery is it will not center the weight properly so the drone is forced to fight the lopsided weight balance which of course will also affect flight characteristics. You cant mount the battery on the top because that's where gps 1 is and you cant on the bottom because you have your optical flow and ir sensors.
I posted in another spot a question about outdoor flying with gps off and if the breeze is still limited by the geofence somehow and I would still like to know that answer if anyone has it.
I've got a 6606 dual band off of ebay for $40 used shipped but although I have set it up I haven't actually used it. I mention this as Doom has used his and you can still get them right now off the bay. I believe it says the power requirements are 2.1A off the USB and it worked fine off a 2A one as untested this even though I've got a couple portable battery packs that output 2.4A I think (or at least they are labeled for it;))

Edit:
I'm really glad that the old breeze limits are still shown:)

I'm assuming the speed comment was because it vibrates a lot.? I dont actually mind that it's slow horizontally really as it's meant to take vids but I really dont like how slow it gains altitude. I'm assuming changing the max speed also affects its climb rate...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayingdsr
Wow this is awesome! Havent tried it yet but I NEVER thought I would see the day when this would happen. It's kind of a yucky chilly day today so I dont think I'm going to try it out yet although i plan to take it as high as i can still visually see it.
Speaking of which I'm assuming the LOS rule is with your own eyes and not binoculars right?
I've tested the breeze out with other batteries and through all of my testing my opinion is all the parameters were locked down for pretty close to the best overall performance taking flight time into account. It WILL fly with way more weight from an upgraded battery but its heavily outweighed by having a serious affect on flight time so it's not worth it.
One of the problems with a higher capacity battery is it will not center the weight properly so the drone is forced to fight the lopsided weight balance which of course will also affect flight characteristics. You cant mount the battery on the top because that's where gps 1 is and you cant on the bottom because you have your optical flow and ir sensors.
I posted in another spot a question about outdoor flying with gps off and if the breeze is still limited by the geofence somehow and I would still like to know that answer if anyone has it.
I've got a 6606 dual band off of ebay for $40 used shipped but although I have set it up I haven't actually used it. I mention this as Doom has used his and you can still get them right now off the bay. I believe it says the power requirements are 2.1A off the USB and it worked fine off a 2A one as untested this even though I've got a couple portable battery packs that output 2.4A I think (or at least they are labeled for it;))

Edit:
I'm really glad that the old breeze limits are still shown:)

I'm assuming the speed comment was because it vibrates a lot.? I dont actually mind that it's slow horizontally really as it's meant to take vids but I really dont like how slow it gains altitude. I'm assuming changing the max speed also affects its climb rate...
When I have time, I'll see if I can change the climb speed and the spin speed, but the going back speed has been considerably increased

So I did a test this morning but I have a known issue with the breeze i use for testing and general flying that sometimes crops up and ended up down at 66% battery before I could do an altitude test. Working on that issue with my friend Doom.
Yesterday I did have to do a double set on the parameters to make sure they stuck but today went through with one setting. I went up "high" and never even had a hint of any signal loss including the video feed. I used galaxy s8 plus instead of my note 8 or note 4 and the controller. I stopped the test because at that altitude my battery was at 30%.
I went straight up with no yaw or distance and it was WAY beyond the standard setting. I was on my churches large property and the sky was grey with very high humidity as it had just stopped raining a few minutes before at about 40f. No one around and could spot no aircraft anywhere. Theres no powerlines close or anything really that I could think of that would interfere with my connections and the controller was kept at a normal horizontal position so it wasnt like i was trying to do some kind of aiming. The only change I had made in the software was altitude and the rest were set at the regular max of OEM.
This particular breeze is the one with a VERY bright multi LED array facing straight down and I could have gone WAY higher and not lost LOS. I'm curious to see if my note 4 will hold video that well.
I will do more testing of things like speed at regular settings close to ground level so I can really hear any weird motor/prop changes as well as vibration. Wish it had more of a stock type prop to try a tri blade option as sometimes that smooths things out with some drones. This drone was never meant to be sporty and that's just fine as the video isnt going to be very good. It's too bad it wont do 1080p at 60fps like the 720p setting. 720p 60fps is pretty good so if you havent tried it you really should. That 60fps has a big affect.

@dsduarte02

I must congratulate you on a job well done so far!!! The Breeze is actually fun to fly with these new extended capabilities.

The only Android device I have is an Amazon Fire 7 tablet. The video lag is terrible on it when using just the tablet as a controller, but improves when using the Bluetooth Breeze Controller.

My testing was with the Fire 7 running your modded app connected to the Breeze via a ZyXEL WRE6606 in repeater mode using the 2.4 GHz WiFi link to the Fire 7 (the connection between the 6606 and the Breeze is still 5.8 GHz). Control of the aircraft was with the Controller mode of operation.

The first test was for height and all was good to a height of 400 feet. I’m sure that height could be much more based on lateral distances achieved. The second was for lateral distance and when I reached 1000 feet it was hard to keep an eye on the Breeze with a cloudy background. There would be some stuttering and smearing of the video feed out past 500 feet, but there is also a lot of WiFi usage in the area.

The rest of the flights were checking the speed and responsiveness afforded by the modded app. Going from 5 m/s to 10 m/s was eye opening and makes the Breeze a much snappier aircraft to fly.

I am looking forward to any further improvements you make to this endeavor. ??:cool:

I just had to share some current flight experiences using the modified (and much-improved) Breeze cam app. Using the controller and my Android phone, I can maintain fpv and transmitter connection to a distance of 725 ft (220 meters) and an altitude of 360 ft (110 meters). Of course this is in an open area where there is little Wi-Fi interference.

I cannot describe in words how thrilled of I am about this. I may not even need a repeater. It's amazing how much more fun the Breeze 4K is when you don't have to worry about the severely limited geofence restrictions. Thanks again to the wonderful man in Brazil that has enlarged our worlds!
God bless him & all.

I can definately confirm in open areas with little to no wifi interference with a decent phone and controller these distances are easily achieved. With a wifi repeater I will predict the real limits are going to be battery level.
Do you guys remember your battery % out that far and did you use the new max speed to get there and back? Wondering what the penalty is for using it and if you could still do that same distance at normal max because the battery lasts longer.
Altitude testing would be different because the rate of climb hasnt changed. You could potentially fly very high with a much lower battery level left for return since the decent is so much quicker. It appears that setting isnt so easily adjusted.
I flew around with the speed setting at the new max and couldnt hear or see any issue even whacking the controls around to stress test. You definitely need to be careful with drift after letting off the throttle if you havent flown anything that fast.

As for me, I have limited my speed to a maximum of 19 - 20 feet per second for sake of the battery and to possibly prevent motors from overheating. As far as battery percent is concerned, I have flown to a distance of over 700 feet at an altitude of 350 feet in a complete circle - a flight of about 11 minutes duration - and returned to home with roughly 8-10% of the battery remaining. This was accomplished in temps of 60 to 70 degrees in low-to-moderate when conditions.

Regards to all.

Thanx,
I just had to share some current flight experiences using the modified (and much-improved) Breeze cam app. Using the controller and my Android phone, I can maintain fpv and transmitter connection to a distance of 725 ft (220 meters) and an altitude of 360 ft (110 meters). Of course this is in an open area where there is little Wi-Fi interference.

I cannot describe in words how thrilled of I am about this. I may not even need a repeater. It's amazing how much more fun the Breeze 4K is when you don't have to worry about the severely limited geofence restrictions. Thanks again to the wonderful man in Brazil that has enlarged our worlds!
God bless him & all.

Thank you
@dsduarte02

I must congratulate you on a job well done so far!!! The Breeze is actually fun to fly with these new extended capabilities.

The only Android device I have is an Amazon Fire 7 tablet. The video lag is terrible on it when using just the tablet as a controller, but improves when using the Bluetooth Breeze Controller.

My testing was with the Fire 7 running your modded app connected to the Breeze via a ZyXEL WRE6606 in repeater mode using the 2.4 GHz WiFi link to the Fire 7 (the connection between the 6606 and the Breeze is still 5.8 GHz). Control of the aircraft was with the Controller mode of operation.

The first test was for height and all was good to a height of 400 feet. I’m sure that height could be much more based on lateral distances achieved. The second was for lateral distance and when I reached 1000 feet it was hard to keep an eye on the Breeze with a cloudy background. There would be some stuttering and smearing of the video feed out past 500 feet, but there is also a lot of WiFi usage in the area.

The rest of the flights were checking the speed and responsiveness afforded by the modded app. Going from 5 m/s to 10 m/s was eye opening and makes the Breeze a much snappier aircraft to fly.

I am looking forward to any further improvements you make to this endeavor. [emoji106][emoji106]:cool:

I am happy to have provided joy to the users of the breeze, I do not expect anything in return but rather, the satisfaction of having helped, soon I will be using my breeze again, I am waiting for the pieces to repair my phone

@dsduarte02

I am looking forward to any further improvements you make to this endeavor. [emoji106][emoji106]:cool:
when I try to do this, mix the frequencies 2.4 and 5.8 my drone goes crazy and flies far away

when I try to do this, mix the frequencies 2.4 and 5.8 my drone goes crazy and flies far away

It has to be done with a repeater that has the capability to work with the 2.4 GHz on one side and 5.8 on the other. The WRE6606 communicates with the Breeze on the 5.8 GHz bands to satisfy the Breeze WiFi requirements, but can communicate with the phone/tablet on either 2.4 GHz or the 5.8 GHz. It allows a phone/tablet that would normally not work with the Breeze to be compatible.

The other popular repeater is the Comfast WR370AC or WR371AC, but it is limited to using the 5.8 GHz band on both ends to satisfy the Breeze’s WiFi needs.

It has to be done with a repeater that has the capability to work with the 2.4 GHz on one side and 5.8 on the other. The WRE6606 communicates with the Breeze on the 5.8 GHz bands to satisfy the Breeze WiFi requirements, but can communicate with the phone/tablet on either 2.4 GHz or the 5.8 GHz. It allows a phone/tablet that would normally not work with the Breeze to be compatible.

The other popular repeater is the Comfast WR370AC or WR371AC, but it is limited to using the 5.8 GHz band on both ends to satisfy the Breeze’s WiFi needs.
thanks for the tip, I will import this repeater in aliexpress, if it has, I was doing through an apk on android.

thanks for the tip, I will import this repeater in aliexpress, if it has, I was doing through an apk on android.

The WRE6606 is from ZyXEL and there is a How To sticky in the Breeze forum for the setup. I love mine. Flew to 1000 feet at 150 feet altitude in a WiFi crowded area. I stopped there because if I took my eyes off of the Breeze I would have not been able to visually pick it out of the cloudy background.

Reactions: Pman and Prayingdsr
sorry i m not speak english very well

Hey ... I'm Brazilian and I modified the APP for Android the limits of the geofence and it gave right wing at a height of 120 meters that's why I do not have a wifi extender, but it worked out the original height limit is 80 ...

Thanks to @dsduarte02 for all of your effort, youd did great job. Now i am able to fly about 40% further then before.

I am happy to have provided joy to the users of the breeze, I do not expect anything in return but rather, the satisfaction of having helped, soon I will be using my breeze again, I am waiting for the pieces to repair my phone
[/ feel compelled to let you know that you have added joy to many Breeze owners, and those numbers will increase. You have expanded the horizons for this phone and made it and much more enjoyable experience to fly. You must be a computer genius to have figured out how to modify the breeze cam app so successful. I have a feeling with you or you will continue to work on improving the app. Perhaps one day we can was tame the settings what distance in elevation without needing to reset them during the subsequent flight. I'm certainly not complaining. If you are not able to do any more to improve the app, it is already far ahead of the original. Thank you and God bless you. Dennis from Michigan

I feel compelled to let you know that you have added joy to many Breeze owners, and those numbers will increase. You have expanded the horizons for this little drone and made it and much more enjoyable to fly. You must be a computer genius to have figured out how to modify the Breeze Cam app so successfully.

I pray that you will find sufficient time to continue to improve the app. It would be wonderful if the app could retain the elevation and distance settings without needing to reset them during subsequent flights.

But I'm not complaining. Even if nothing else is done to improve the modified app, it is far better than the original. Thank you and God bless you.

Dennis from Michigan

Reactions: dsduarte02 and Pman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech