Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BREEZE!! GEOFENCE +500M

Hi everyone! I’m about to buy a yuneec after I read this thread! But I’m an iPhone user, so I will have to buy an android phone. May anyone tell me what are there requirements for an android phone to work with this mod? It would be awesome if I can find a cheap one, cause I only buy it to fly with this drone. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I’m about to buy a yuneec after I read this thread! But I’m an iPhone user, so I will have to buy an android phone. May anyone tell me what are there requirements for an android phone to work with this mod? It would be awesome if I can find a cheap one, cause I only buy it to fly with this drone. Thanks in advance!
See this thread How To: Tell if my phone, tablet, or pad is compatible with the Breeze?. Basically you want 5.8 GHz WiFi capability (802.11ac) and Bluetooth 4.1 or better to use the Breeze Controller. So use gsmarena.com to check phone specs on the lower priced phones you find to ensure they meet the WiFi and Bluetooth specs.

See this thread How To: Tell if my phone, tablet, or pad is compatible with the Breeze?. Basically you want 5.8 GHz WiFi capability (802.11ac) and Bluetooth 4.1 or better to use the Breeze Controller. So use gsmarena.com to check phone specs on the lower priced phones you find to ensure they meet the WiFi and Bluetooth specs.
Thank you! Also, will any wifi repeater work on this drone, or only Comfast and Zyxel? And, does anyone think about using Flat panel directional antenna like this one at Amazon to connect with these wifi repeater?
I think it could significantly increase the range ?, but, as far as I know, the range limit now is only 600m. Is it the maximum no matter how we try or we can break it as far as we have a good settings?

For distances beyond 100 meters I personally would not consider the Comfast repeaters we have been using. They helped with the OEM Breeze Cam app where the distance geofence was 100m, but I don’t find it very reliable beyond that. I do like the ZyXEL 6606 as it is fairly compact and runs on 5V USB power without using a DC/DC converter. The ZyXEL is very hard to find now.

There have been a couple other repeaters of more recent design that have been used, but they need a DC/DC adapter to power them from a 5V USB power brick. Look near the end of this thread Breeze Range Extender for what has been tried and found success. Try looking for a repeater that functions like the ZyXEL 6606 and allows the 5.8GHz WiFi between itself and the Breeze, while allowing either 5.8GHz or 2.4GHz to the phone. It opens more possibilities for phones/tablets to work with the Breeze.

For distances beyond 100 meters I personally would not consider the Comfast repeaters we have been using. They helped with the OEM Breeze Cam app where the distance geofence was 100m, but I don’t find it very reliable beyond that. I do like the ZyXEL 6606 as it is fairly compact and runs on 5V USB power without using a DC/DC converter. The ZyXEL is very hard to find now.

There have been a couple other repeaters of more recent design that have been used, but they need a DC/DC adapter to power them from a 5V USB power brick. Look near the end of this thread Breeze Range Extender for what has been tried and found success. Try looking for a repeater that functions like the ZyXEL 6606 and allows the 5.8GHz WiFi between itself and the Breeze, while allowing either 5.8GHz or 2.4GHz to the phone. It opens more possibilities for phones/tablets to work with the Breeze.
Thank you! You are very helpful! Also, is 600m the limit now or we can break it as long as we have a good setup?

Thank you! You are very helpful! Also, is 600m the limit now or we can break it as long as we have a good setup?
I haven’t used it in awhile as I usually use an iPhone with the Breeze. The Amazon Fire 7 tablet is too laggy on the camera link to fly comfortably.
You can try checking with @wesleybp and @dsduarte02 to see where they are at with the modded app.

Will there be in the future a 1.4.7.4 version without the controller @_@ crash problem?
The blue Breezecam clone version 1.4.7.2 works well; is it possible to create an upgraded version of the red Breezecam clone 1.4.7.3?
It looks to me that the constantly developing last gen_signed.apk and the blue clone (1.4.7.2) are at first sight (graphic) the same, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Muito obrigado!

I managed to solve the controller @_@ crash problem myself.
I created a 1.4.7.4 version with a GREEN Breezecam icon.
You will find it here:

Breeze_cam_1.4.7.4.apk

drive.google.com
drive.google.com

I managed to solve the controller @_@ crash problem myself.
I created a 1.4.7.4 version with a GREEN Breezecam icon.
You will find it here:

Breeze_cam_1.4.7.4.apk

drive.google.com
drive.google.com
That is great! Would you mind elucidating on what you found to be the problem and what you did to correct it. This has been an open discussion so far in this thread.

That is great! Would you mind elucidating on what you found to be the problem and what you did to correct it. This has been an open discussion so far in this thread.

Using APK Easy Tool and APK Editor Studio, I compared the decompiled apk's of the blue clone (1.4.7.2), red clone (1.4.7.3) and the latest gen_signed clone.
I searched for "controller" in the decompiled apk's and found out that in the red clone several smali files related to mediacontroller were missing. I merged the missing files in 1.4.7.3 and recompiled the app. I used zip allign to optimize the packaging; I changed the colour of the Breezecam icon to green and branded the clone app Breezecam 1.4.7.4

Reactions: robbie2
Thank you @Mpeg4fan! That was a bit more than I expected, but good to hear for all the Android Breeze users.

Reactions: robbie2

I removed the file because it is prone to be attacked by th the trojan.spy.ahmyth.a virus.!

Check your PC and/or Android device for this malware!

View:

Last edited:
I removed the file because it is prone to be attacked by th the trojan.spy.ahmyth.a virus.!

Check your PC and/or Android device for this malware!

View:

Are you saying that the tools you were using and/or the system you used were infected with this virus?

The link about the virus that you posted was well over a year old, so rather odd it would still be prevalent in the wild.

Green Breezecam clone is back without virus.

You will find it here:
Are you saying that the tools you were using and/or the system you used were infected with this virus?

The link about the virus that you posted was well over a year old, so rather odd it would still be prevalent in the wild.

Perhaps Malwarebytes did a misinterpretation.........

Guys, is it everything what I need to beat geofence? Or I habe to install something more?
Yes it is, but make sure you go back and read most of the posts in the thread. There are things to be aware of while using this apk file. You also have to understand using it will void your warranty if you still within the warranty period.

I would strongly advise using a WiFi repeater that sends a stronger signal than your phone. My Breeze was never very good inside the geofence with just the phone. I use the ZyXEL WRE-6606 with mine. They are very hard to find now.

Reactions: Prayingdsr
Yes it is, but make sure you go back and read most of the posts in the thread. There are things to be aware of while using this apk file. You also have to understand using it will void your warranty if you still within the warranty period.

I would strongly advise using a WiFi repeater that sends a stronger signal than your phone. My Breeze was never very good inside the geofence with just the phone. I use the ZyXEL WRE-6606 with mine. They are very hard to find now.
Thank You, i've read all thread, but could You tell me what is the main issue with this to be aware?
My samsung a70 with controller got almost full wifi on 100m. I have comfast also, but there is problem with hight, breeze can only fly 20m wirh this, dont know why

Thank You, i've read all thread, but could You tell me what is the main issue with this to be aware?
My samsung a70 with controller got almost full wifi on 100m. I have comfast also, but there is problem with hight, breeze can only fly 20m wirh this, dont know why
If you are limited to 20 meters you are near a major airport. This is built into the app and there has been no way to bypass it. If you get closer the limitation can get even lower and possibly prevent arming of motors if you are within a mile of a major airport (Class B, C, and D).

Reactions: Prayingdsr
I know I am late to the party here, but I figured I would join in on the experience sharing with the apk app. This has truly been a game changer for this little drone. I have been able to reach altitudes and distances I never thought would be possible with this drone. Truly thankful for all the mad scientist in this forum who put this together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval