Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
I need a little help. I've purchased the WF2710, but cannot for the life of me figure out how to connect the Breeze to the router. Can someone please post a step by step procedure?

Brad
Have you tried connecting the router to a computer with cable?
You should be able to enter the settings of the router by entering its adress in a browser(example: 192.168.1.1) and set it up as a wireless repeater/extender.
I know this isn't for your router, but it might work anyway since it is from Netis ;)

It took some experimenting, but I finally figured it out.
Starting from the default configuration.
Connect PC to the router with a cable. Open browser and direct it to 192.168.1.1 (the default address for the router).
This will open the router configuration page.
Under the 2.4 ghz router set the router name to something unique (in my case Breeze24, and set your password.
Under the 5g setup, set the router to WDS+AP. Turn on the Breeze. Under the AP setup section for the 5G, enter the name of your Breeze and enter the access password for the breeze. Then search for available networks. The Breeze should appear. Select the Breeze and then connect.
Set a unique name for the access point (in my case Breeze5g) and set a password.
Save the router set up.
Switch to the phone, connect the phone to the router (either Breeze24 or Breeze5g in my case).
Now open the Breeze app. It should connect to the Breeze and you have control through the router.

For subsequent flights, you need to turn on the router first, then the Breeze, and allow the breeze time to connect to the router. Then connect the phone to the router.

Also, after going through this setup, using the 192.168.1.1 address to access the router setup will no longer work. I have yet to identify what the correct IP address of the router becomes once it connects to the Breeze. If you want to change anything, turn on the router, push the "default" button to restore the setup to the default, and start from the beginning.

Note that this process will allow you to use a device that only has 2.4ghz networking to attach to the Breeze.

Brad

Reactions: Frillen
It took some experimenting, but I finally figured it out.
Starting from the default configuration.
Connect PC to the router with a cable. Open browser and direct it to 192.168.1.1 (the default address for the router).
This will open the router configuration page.
Under the 2.4 ghz router set the router name to something unique (in my case Breeze24, and set your password.
Under the 5g setup, set the router to WDS+AP. Turn on the Breeze. Under the AP setup section for the 5G, enter the name of your Breeze and enter the access password for the breeze. Then search for available networks. The Breeze should appear. Select the Breeze and then connect.
Set a unique name for the access point (in my case Breeze5g) and set a password.
Save the router set up.
Switch to the phone, connect the phone to the router (either Breeze24 or Breeze5g in my case).
Now open the Breeze app. It should connect to the Breeze and you have control through the router.

For subsequent flights, you need to turn on the router first, then the Breeze, and allow the breeze time to connect to the router. Then connect the phone to the router.

Also, after going through this setup, using the 192.168.1.1 address to access the router setup will no longer work. I have yet to identify what the correct IP address of the router becomes once it connects to the Breeze. If you want to change anything, turn on the router, push the "default" button to restore the setup to the default, and start from the beginning.

Note that this process will allow you to use a device that only has 2.4ghz networking to attach to the Breeze.

Brad
The address to the router should still be the same(192.168.1.1) but only for devices that are connected to the router, if you connect your phone to the router and enter the router address in a browser from the phone, you should now see the configuration page for the router. :)

Yeah, you'd think that would be the case. In reality, once its connected to the Breeze that address actually takes you to the breeze file system.

Brad

I'm nearly sure the geo-fence is calculated based on the geographical x/y distance between the drone GPS position and the controller/device GPS position. Unless you can ghost a fake GPS position to the phone you will not get beyond the geo-fence.

GOOGLE: FAKE GPS LOCATION SPOOFER FREE FOR ANDROID

If the above app worked you could tell your phone that you are 100mtrs from the drone in the direction you want to fly so you could 'theoretically' double the HORIZONTAL range, although i'm not sure why you would want to. You will not get above 80mtrs even with a fake GPS position unless you can fake altitude as well. I can understand wanting to get a reliable video down link to the 100mtr fence but not beyond. The Breeze is designed to fit a certain bracket of consumer for localized flying. I could have used a signal booster on my flight off my ship but only to get to the 80x100 fence with solid video.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
I recieved this nice Router/Extender from Edimax a few days ago and have tested it with the Breeze both in Extender and WISP mode, it will see dual band WiFi network, but unfortunately not the Breeze WiFi :(
Perhaps there are some regional issues with it, I know that some products act differently depending on which part of the world they are sold in, but sadly it does not work as a Breeze WiFi-Extender here in Denmark.
It is a great Router/Extender and does a good job for what it is meant for, and it does work with a Powerbank, so the money isn't completely wasted :)

Have you tried some more? Your other devices can find the breeze wifi when at the same time your router can't? And if you add the network manually? I really like to have an USB powered extender, since I always have a power bank with me, but if I need another kind of batteries, it's not worth the hassel.

I also read somewhere about a guy who got a file from Yuneec to change the channel on his Breeze, maybe that's a solution?

Reactions: Frillen
Have you tried some more? Your other devices can find the breeze wifi when at the same time your router can't? And if you add the network manually? I really like to have an USB powered extender, since I always have a power bank with me, but if I need another kind of batteries, it's not worth the hassel.

I also read somewhere about a guy who got a file from Yuneec to change the channel on his Breeze, maybe that's a solution?
No I haven't tried more, none of our android units including the edimax extender can see the Breeze wifi, so far I've only been able to see the breeze network with my wifes ipad and a friends sony experia Z3 compact, but perhaps getting a file from Yuneec to change channel on the breeze might make things work - Thanks for the info :)

Edimax BR-6208AC V2 works perfectly! (WISP Mode: wireless internet service provider) You can connect to 2,4 or 5Ghz!

Update:
With buggy update the Edimax doesen't find the Breeze any more! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Last edited:
Do you wait until the led in one of the legs starts blinking green? If it's white, or there is no led, restart the breeze

Breeze is flashing green.

Yes i did wait. The problem is with the update even my phone can't detect it. Only when swiching phone-wifi off/on it appears. Perhaps it has something to with the 5Ghz wifi channel?

Short report on using the netis WF2710:

Bought the netis on Amazon marketplace, also this tiny cable:
Kuncan Step Up Voltage Converter DC to DC Converter: Amazon.de: Elektronik

to use the netis with a powerbank.

I've configured the router as in post #22 described.

Connected the Breeze and the iPhone with the router, the Breeze shows a strange behavior :

Take off and video transmission ok,
climb at 10m, then it couldn't climb higher and react with delay.

I've tested this several times.

After that, I did a reset of the router and configured it like this:

-2.4 G Router deactivated
-5 G Router type "Extender"
-new name like "Breeze5g"
-new password
-connect the Breeze after starting the router
-connect the iPhone with router
-all in 5Ghz

now everything works fine ;-)

r-ap

Reactions: Asserti
Unlike the bebop which runs on 2.4Ghz we need a 5Ghz wifi for the Breeze.
I tested my range extender with a battery pack now for a few times. It works and I can reach the geofence (100m far, 80m high) without loosing control or even video connection! :)

The router is a netis WF2710 which runs on 9V (for me: 7 x 1,2V NiMH). It is configured as "AP+WDS" and. The connection from the router to the breeze is defined in the WDS settings. So I connect my smartphone to the AccessPoint of the router and can fly the breeze.

View attachment 4926View attachment 4927 View attachment 4928

In your 2nd image, what is the 1.25GB disk symbol on the screen? My Breeze just arrived this week and I haven't seen that in any documentation.

In your 2nd image, what is the 1.25GB disk symbol on the screen? My Breeze just arrived this week and I haven't seen that in any documentation.
I think it is a warning sign to inform you that the memory is almost full and you need to transfer and delete files in order to record more!

Reactions: the1weasel
Hi All,
I'm interested in extending the wifi range. I will appreciate if someone that is using any EDIMAX device could share his experience and if everything is working fine. Many thanks
Andrea

Just an idea to get beyond the geo fence:
What if you you land at the limit? The fence will start at 0/0 or?

The distance Info is always based on your last take off, while the geo fence limits the distance from your smartphone. So if you walk with the Breeze, you can fly beyond the 100m limit.

@r-ap : This step-up cable is great! Just ordered one myself. :)
@the1weasel : Yes, the disk symbol shows how much memory's left.

IMG_1080.JPG

What is the improvement after using a range extender?
Now with my phone I can flight at max 30 meter high right above me, with delay and bad FPV video quality.
How will improve with an extender?
Thanks!

What is the improvement after using a range extender?
Now with my phone I can flight at max 30 meter high right above me, with delay and bad FPV video quality.
How will improve with an extender?
Thanks!

With the WF2710 I can fly up to the geo fence (100m far, 80m high) with good video quality and no interruptions. It depends however on the orientation of the router.
I'm still testing how stable the connection is.

Attachments

• breeze_geo_fence.jpg
    breeze_geo_fence.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: AlligatoR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements