Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Broken gimble

Reaction score
Hiya folks
I had a bump with my q500 last week. Now my gimble won’t move neither the camera wont work. I’ve tried binding the gimble but it will not allow me to do so. I can bind the drone after deleting all of its settings. But I get as far as clicking onto the camera model and that’s it I cannot get any further
Regards
Pete

Do you have a Q500 4K drone, Typhoon G, or one of the other Q500 series.

Is your camera/gimbal a CGo2, CG03, or a GoPro.

Are there any leds lit on either the front of the camera or gimbal board?

Does the gimbal board move at all or emit beeps during power up?

Do you have a Q500 4K drone, Typhoon G, or one of the other Q500 series.

Is your camera/gimbal a CGo2, CG03, or a GoPro.

Are there any leds lit on either the front of the camera or gimbal board?

Does the gimbal board move at all or emit beeps during power up?
Thank you for a fast response. All that I can see it is just a q500 typhoon there are no bleeps nor does the LED on the front of the camera light up. The four wires to the plug underneath the drone feel Intact and there is power from the socket where the plug is unplugged underneath. I did take a look at all of the other plugs on the PCB and they are all connected
Kind regards.
Pete

You didn't confirm which camera you have, but you did mention 4 wires to the plug. I'm going to assume you have a CGo2 unless you correct me.

Try pulling the two wire plug out of the left side, and see if you have voltage at that point.
Power.png

You didn't confirm which camera you have, but you did mention 4 wires to the plug. I'm going to assume you have a CGo2 unless you correct me.

Try pulling the two wire plug out of the left side, and see if you have voltage at that point.
View attachment 21433
Good morning
Thank you again for a reply it’s very nice if you. I have got the camera you have said. Sorry for not confirming that. I have removed the plug you have told me about. There is 12.18 volts there. At one point I did seam to think that it was the four pin plug underneath as it did seam very sluggish. But now testing this two wire confirmed that’s it’s getting power. I just wished I had not took my drone out onto the back garden now. But with being on lockdown I was getting board. Thank you again for helping me out. It is much appreciated
Kind regards
Pete UK

But now testing this two wire confirmed that’s it’s getting power. I just wished I had not took my drone out onto the back garden now.
The next step is to check power and ground path from the plug to the Mosfet. This will require removing the gimbal board. It's a good idea to color code everything you unplug to make reassembly easier.

CGO2 power.jpg

Last edited:
The next step is to check power and ground path from the plug to the Mosfet. This will require removing the gimbal board. It's a good idea to color code everything you unplug to make reassembly easier.

View attachment 21453
Good afternoon
I have followed your instructions and tested all of the connections you have pointed out. There is continuity at all of the points. I have tried to bind the camera again just in case it could have been a loose connection but no joy. Thank you again for all your help. I’m hoping you can come up with a fix. You obviously now your stuff
Kind regards
Pete UK

Unfortunately, at this point, hope begins to fade. If there is both power and ground on the mosfet, it is very likely the mosfet has failed. If the mosfet has failed, there is also a good possibility other components downstream are damaged. The mosfet can be found online and ordered. It is difficult to install without a rework station. And there is no guarantee it will resolve the issue.
Even worse, the gimbal board is rarely available. And it will not work on your camera until it is matched to your specific gimbal by a service center.
For what it is worth, this shows the mosfet (54328) mounted on the gimbal board:
CG02 Mosfet.jpg

Unfortunately, at this point, hope begins to fade. If there is both power and ground on the mosfet, it is very likely the mosfet has failed. If the mosfet has failed, there is also a good possibility other components downstream are damaged. The mosfet can be found online and ordered. It is difficult to install without a rework station. And there is no guarantee it will resolve the issue.
Even worse, the gimbal board is rarely available. And it will not work on your camera until it is matched to your specific gimbal by a service center.
For what it is worth, this shows the mosfet (54328) mounted on the gimbal board:
View attachment 21465
Thank you very much for all of your time. I could rework this component onto the PCB. But like you said other parts could be damaged downstream. I’m wondering if it’s possible to buy a new gimble and camera. I’ve looked on EBay but I’ve not come across anything. We have a company here in the UK but they do not sell serviceable parts and gave me a email address to a company in Germany. I’ve found it very difficult to navigate there website. It says I have to register with them before I can get to no or buy anything. But I’ve been unable to even register thanks again
Kind regards
Pete

eBay is your best bet. The CG02 cameras still show up occasionally. You can also replace it with a CG03. If your Q500 does not have the "hotshoe" type camera mount, ensure you get the "pigtail" that adapts the CGo3 to the plug that powered your CGo2.
The part number of the "pigtail" is: YUNCGO3104 (Connection Wire Between Q500 and Gimbal)

Thank you very much for all of your time. I could rework this component onto the PCB. But like you said other parts could be damaged downstream. I’m wondering if it’s possible to buy a new gimble and camera. I’ve looked on EBay but I’ve not come across anything. We have a company here in the UK but they do not sell serviceable parts and gave me a email address to a company in Germany. I’ve found it very difficult to navigate there website. It says I have to register with them before I can get to no or buy anything. But I’ve been unable to even register thanks again
Kind regards
Pete
Thanks ever so much for all of your help I will see if I can locate a camera and gimble now. Also the pigtail connector cable
Kind regards
Pete UK

Thanks ever so much for all of your help I will see if I can locate a camera and gimble now. Also the pigtail connector cable
Kind regards
Pete UK
Good morning
I have located a cgo3 but I’m finding it hard to locate the pigtail connector cable. My heart sank when you told me that there wasn’t much more I could have done. But now I’m happy knowing that I can get a camera. I wished I had your knowledge and thank you yet again
Kind regards
Pete UK
Kind regards
Pete UK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis