Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 motor

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm posting a new thread as I desperately need a pointer. I'll keep it short. Crashed into a tree camera c23 came off. Ordered slip ring. With help from this community managed to get all reattached and soldered on correct points as per the H. Camera now works fine but when craft is turned on camera spins wildly. Therefore motor is fine but think needs re calibrating to controller. I don't know how on the new h plus. It's not the same hidden menu as on the h controller. If one of you could help then I will release you tube video of attaching slip ring to h plus which hasn't been recorded before. Thanks in advance. Ace rimmer

You may need to send it into a repair center. They use software via a computer that is not available to consumers. Or you may have a bad motor.

-Michael
Vertigo Drones Repair Tech

Last edited:
I should also add that Yuneec has yet to release certain parts for both the c23 and the e90 making certain repairs almost impossible.

Thank you. I really don't want to send to a repair centre as I know that this procedure is common on the h. I know the motor is ok because it spins like a carousel then stops. Or it will twitch left and back centre and stop. Its the binding or deeper calibration that's the issue I believe. On the h you can calibrate gimble. On the plus you can only reset the camera bind. The hidden menus on plus I found are only for accelerometer etc. So I'm hoping someone with good knowledge of the controller will know. Otherwise I'll take your advice and send it away. But I like to understand how to maintain it and repair the craft if I need to. Maybe it's just too new.. Lister

Otherwise I'll take your advice and send it away. But I like to understand how to maintain it and repair the craft if I need to. Maybe it's just too new.. Lister
It is new for certain so there isn't a lot of information out there. Are you confident you got the wiring exactly right?
You can send an email here and inquire about the fix you need. Terrestrial Imaging Drone Sales, Service and Repair | FAA Part 107 Practice Test Engine | Part 107 Exam Review Login

You may need a new yaw motor, or the damage created a change in the motor and it needs to be calibrated.

This calibration is actually different than the one available on the controllers. It re-writes a new calibration to the firmware basically and It's only available to repair centers unfortunately.

Reactions: Standageadrian
It is new for certain so there isn't a lot of information out there. Are you confident you got the wiring exactly right?
You can send an email here and inquire about the fix you need. Terrestrial Imaging Drone Sales, Service and Repair | FAA Part 107 Practice Test Engine | Part 107 Exam Review Login
Hi Steve yes confident as only the green cable was ripped so compared the board with the h board and put it in same place... As confident as I can be then. Its a shame as we took 3 hours doing the repair. Could fly without camera controls but sometimes you want to look down which would be a pain. Thanks for the link. Yours kryten

You may need a new yaw motor, or the damage created a change in the motor and it needs to be calibrated.

This calibration is actually different than the one available on the controllers. It re-writes a new calibration to the firmware basically and It's only available to repair centers unfortunately.
Thanks et phone. Not the best news I used to service computers so I'm loathe to let things beat me especially with all you helpful guys and gals out there

Your issue as you know is the camera, different beast all together.
Like the man said, special software and calibration.
Don't let your ego get in your way. You could make it worse.:eek:

Thanks AH. It's ego? Dunno. We worked hard and did video and photos and hoped success so we could post it and provide something to new h plus owners but seems final hurdle too big with no tools like the h has. Well it has gimble calibration which plus does not that's what frustrates. If I found that on the plus and it failed I would accept defeat. Steve Carr gave me a link to drone repair place but in us I'm UK. Anyone know a link on here for good ones in UK? Thanks for listening and putting up with me.

Reactions: AH-1G
Hang in there @Standageadrian, take the right course and it'll all work out in the end.
Thanks AH I'll take the queue and find a professional to find the problem. You know when you ask your kid to do vacuuming and they do half a job lol. That's how I feel. Camera works. Can't control it. So I guess I'll call a few local repair shops. Cheers all. If I get info from repair dudes I'll share but I won't release YouTube without the final part as not successful yet. Yours Holly

repair place but in us I'm UK. Anyone know a link on here for good ones in UK? Thanks for listening and putting up with me.
Didn't realize you were in the UK even though it says so right under your name.....:)
The CGO3+ will sometimes do the same after a slip ring repair. In fact I had one do that after I made that repair but after I rechecked my wiring I had two wires switched.
I suggest you check with Yuneec UK. They have a very good reputation.

Hi dont worry if you have to return it to yuneec, i have recently had to return my st16s for an under warranty repair, they sent me a brand new one very quickly, the service they give is faultless, if you are not too far from them, you can book a time in advance & wait while they look at it for you
I can supply you the tech phone number if you need it
Regards
Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro