Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 rubber dampers (gel filled)

I'll add that your experience is not typical. More people have not had any issues, but you tend only to hear about those that have. Sampling bias. If you look at most forums you will see people unhappy with every brand out there. Doesn't mean it doesn't suck when you get a lemon. I can tell you the long tale of woe that I had getting DJI to replace a defective gimbal on a P3. Ended up buying a full price replacement gimbal and flew on. I personally was very unimpressed with my DJI CS experience.

Hope you get it sorted. The H+ is a pretty awesome machine in my experience.
I returned it to Best Buy for an exchange for a new one. I want this drone to work badly. Had my eye on the H for years. Decided to go with H+ and shell out the cash for the latest and greatest. I like the video when it’s not jello. I love the 360 cam. The only change I really want them to make is come up with a fob or something for tracking when using follow me or watch me. The controller is not practical. I shoot weddings sometimes and I can’t ask a couple to hold one of those when they go walking hand in hand lol. It seriously would be a great addition and I think it’s needed for this drone to be more complete. Like tracking a cyclist or something too. I can deal with the shorter range in comparison.

Reactions: Phaedrus
Look forward to your report.
I just got the new one in today and just open the box and to be honest this gimbal looks worse than the first one. It’s hanging off center. Plus all the dampers are collapsed on the sides. But I’m still not sure if they are supposed to look that way. Does this look right?

Attachments

• 9A805770-E7C6-4861-BBEF-C0255E056524.jpeg
    9A805770-E7C6-4861-BBEF-C0255E056524.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
I just got done with an online chat agent and they told me it looks normal. I posted the same concern on a Yuneec owners Facebook page and most of them said it looks normal. Honestly I am not sure what to believe with this brand just yet. I’ll be flying this replacement one for the first time here very soon so I guess I will find out.

I need to see a few videos demonstrating the “jello effect” before I believe it. There is also the possibility the system software could be causing any jello. Too much reference to “other brands”, which are not relevant to the stated issues.

The cosmetics of the dampers is meaningless as the contained volume is what’s important. We’ve had this discussion before where it was established temperature and pressure differences between point of manufacture and point of use impacts cosmetics.

I need to see a few videos demonstrating the “jello effect” before I believe it. There is also the possibility the system software could be causing any jello. Too much reference to “other brands”, which are not relevant to the stated issues.

The cosmetics of the dampers is meaningless as the contained volume is what’s important. We’ve had this discussion before where it was established temperature and pressure differences between point of manufacture and point of use impacts cosmetics.
You are still rude as it gets. So you think I’m not telling the truth? I know what the jello effect looks like as I have seen it before in older drones. Dont worry, I won’t mention the brand. I’ve seen you accuse others of lying as well. You are WAY too critical of people and what and how they post. Tell ya what...it obvious you are the forum police. Why don’t you come up with a form that we can all fill out that will appease you. Do you work for Yuneec? Why do you care so much if I reference another brand? Guess what?...if I own nothing but Chevys then I buy a Ford, I will absolutely compare the two as anyone would. We can only reference what we know and have been use to. You need to relax a bit and not be so rude and critical to people in here. We come here for help and do not need to be told that you think we are not telling the truth. You talk down to people and it is extremely disrespectful. Like I have time in my life to make crap up and post in forums just to get some person riled up. Ya I have video proof too. I’ve posted it in other social media venues and they agreed it was jello. But I don’t feel it necessary at all to show you as you don’t want to believe anyone when they talk bad about your precious drone. I’d be glad to show anyone else. And by the way, please show me where I mentioned another brand in this follow up post. Cmon...show me Mr Forum police. Waiting!!!

@Kylekc239
Ahhhhh, how do I start. He is not the forum police. PatR is a brilliant person, and some take it too personally by his feedback.
He and many others are here to help you, but you need to relax take a deep breath of what ever, ? ?;) or ???? and eventually you'll enjoy his humor and expertise.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I just got done with an online chat agent and they told me it looks normal. I posted the same concern on a Yuneec owners Facebook page and most of them said it looks normal. Honestly I am not sure what to believe with this brand just yet. I’ll be flying this replacement one for the first time here very soon so I guess I will find out.

So Yuneec says they look normal, multiple people on the FB group say they look normal, but you are still not sure?

Mine look like that. Never had an issue with them.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
[emoji443]That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it[emoji443][emoji4]

Post the video links. Trust is earned, not given and until I can see the video samples I can’t be assured the claim is accurate or truthful.

Perhaps significant, perhaps not, if they don’t know squat about the product they prolly don’t challenge everyone else that say they look like all the others when questioned about an article’s appearance.

As for being rude, I suppose those accustomed to being treated like sensitive children might see it that way but adults, real adults, can handle a little truth or criticism. Thanks for “reaching out” though, and I wasn’t offended even a little bit. Your candor was appreciated[emoji1690]

One thing we will agree on, Yuneec could have constructed those dampers a lot better.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig