Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 with Typhoon H (a definite Yes!)

Do you know the weight of the top and bottom covers?

Yuneec is just like all companies....... thy will support their products until the new version comes out and then price older version parts skyword forcing you to but the whole new product....... I can agree with this if our birds were $400 to $700 but we are talking about $1800+ investments we made...+crashes and loses due to the company failures...... they dont eat it we do......... + all the pain and time we made to work out their bugs and engineer our own upgrades which they adpt to the new products........and call their own......... why cant they just offer all existing owners a deep discount on the new and support the older versions with down to earth prices..........???????

Reactions: thoneter
Do you know the weight of the top and bottom covers?

They're pretty light but I'm not at home so I can't weigh them for a couple of days. I have a couple that I'm painting neon orange to improve visibility (no, not to confuse the 480 with the 520 :)).

They're pretty light but I'm not at home so I can't weigh them for a couple of days. I have a couple that I'm painting neon orange to improve visibility (no, not to confuse the 480 with the 520 :)).
I did mine in yellow to reduce heat

why cant they just offer all existing owners a deep discount on the new and support the older versions with down to earth prices..........???????
In my opinion the H Plus is priced right compared to other aircraft in this category. I know of no company that offers a "deep discount" on new products.
+crashes and loses due to the company failures...... they dont eat it we do..
Yuneec has been extremely good in replacing aircraft. They have, in fact, gone overboard in replacing crashed units which were obviously pilot error. We've seen that dozens of times posted in this forum.

Reactions: PatR and rdonson
In my opinion the H Plus is priced right compared to other aircraft in this category. I know of no company that offers a "deep discount" on new products.

Yuneec has been extremely good in replacing aircraft. They have, in fact, gone overboard in replacing crashed units which were obviously pilot error. We've seen that dozens of times posted in this forum.
I agree that Yuneec has priced the 520- competatively. Visit with the guys like Richard Gilmore that bought the 520 and you'll get a different perspective.

You know that I've had 2 fly aways and one was fixed and then replaced. Neither were pilot error. It took multiple(double digits) phone calls and whining to the head of tech support to get the second fly away replaced. I do get your point that the 520- is well priced but the 520 was not. The fly in the ointment is that like the 920 not selling well they did a 920- for half of the cost to unload them. I think they are doing the same with the 520's except this time they are selling well and got rid of the issues that the 520 had. I think if they would have put out the 520- and then built upon that to produce the 520+(520) that things would have gone by far better!

I'd love to see Yuneec put the ground sensors in for stability. I do love the c23 camera from what I've seen but $1300 for the c23 is an overly priced camera for the 480. You are also correct in that it's foolish to not buy the 520- package and pay only $400 more for the 16s and the bird. But to spend $1300 is an insult for us that want to upgrade the 480 camera.

By the way just bought the Yuneec goggles for $39 with free shipping. Be nice to see things from the birds view. My guess is that Yuneec is clearing these out for new models.

Last edited:
Yuneec is just like all companies....... thy will support their products until the new version comes out and then price older version parts skyword forcing you to but the whole new product....... I can agree with this if our birds were $400 to $700 but we are talking about $1800+ investments we made...+crashes and loses due to the company failures...... they dont eat it we do......... + all the pain and time we made to work out their bugs and engineer our own upgrades which they adpt to the new products........and call their own......... why cant they just offer all existing owners a deep discount on the new and support the older versions with down to earth prices..........???????

As for the value of the Plus, one needs only look at what it is for and how well it does that job. The Plus is a camera drone so the imagery is what it is all about. When the Photos and videos out of this camera are compared to similar cameras whether carried by another drone or by hand held cameras; DSLR's, Point-and-shoot, or what have you - then you can see where the value is. To get this type of imagery out of a hand held camera you are going to spend a minimum of around 600.00 and you haven't even put that in a gimbal and attached that to a flying Platform

Believe me - before I bought the Plus I was pricing out a platform to carry a camera that is as good as the C23 and the cost was well over twice the amount. So what's next? The other consumer drones such as a Phantom 4? Okay still around 1,500.00 but now you gotta add in a screen or tablet or purchase the one that comes with its own for about the same price as the Plus in the first Place.

The Plus is at a premium right now but it will slide down to a price point that will make it very competitive among the 1" Sensor Platforms; probably around the time they get all the bugs out;)

I do love the c23 camera from what I've seen but $1300 for the c23 is an overly priced camera for the 480. You are also correct in that it's foolish to not buy the 520- package and pay only $400 more for the 16s and the bird. But to spend $1300 is an insult for us that want to upgrade the 480 camera.
Where did the $1300 for C23 come from? Original post said 899 euros which is about $1000. Still pretty expensive, but no more than some popular new cell phones.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
As for the value of the Plus, one needs only look at what it is for and how well it does that job. The Plus is a camera drone so the imagery is what it is all about. When the Photos and videos out of this camera are compared to similar cameras whether carried by another drone or by hand held cameras; DSLR's, Point-and-shoot, or what have you - then you can see where the value is. To get this type of imagery out of a hand held camera you are going to spend a minimum of around 600.00 and you haven't even put that in a gimbal and attached that to a flying Platform

Believe me - before I bought the Plus I was pricing out a platform to carry a camera that is as good as the C23 and the cost was well over twice the amount. So what's next? The other consumer drones such as a Phantom 4? Okay still around 1,500.00 but now you gotta add in a screen or tablet or purchase the one that comes with its own for about the same price as the Plus in the first Place.

The Plus is at a premium right now but it will slide down to a price point that will make it very competitive among the 1" Sensor Platforms; probably around the time they get all the bugs out;)
I hate to agree with old farts like yourself, Steve Carr and PatR but I agree completely. Great camera that finally got most of the bugs worked out.

Where did the $1300 for C23 come from? Original post said 899 euros which is about $1000. Still pretty expensive, but no more than some popular new cell phones.
I saw the euro price of 899($1025) but I'm going off of what others on this forum have quoted for the US market. Don't know where the price discrepancy is coming from. $1025 is getting closer to the $750 that might get me to buy the upgrade.

US site is down now so I can't even check on the c23.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
I saw the euro price of 899($1025) but I'm going off of what others on this forum have quoted for the US market. Don't know where the price discrepancy is coming from. $1025 is getting closer to the $750 that might get me to buy the upgrade.
US site is down now so I can't even check on the c23.
I quoted the $1300 before any price had been announced by Yuneec. That was based on the E90 stand alone purchase. It appears the C23 will be well below that.
My reference above to the price point was regarding the H Plus and not the 520.

I quoted the $1300 before any price had been announced by Yuneec. That was based on the E90 stand alone purchase. It appears the C23 will be well below that.
My reference above to the price point was regarding the H Plus and not the 520.
I'm still waiting for you to install those wood magnets on your new toy! When are you getting me some more cool 360 images to put up here?

I get a kick from people that refer to the purchase price of a relatively inexpensive for quality delivered consumer drone as an “investment”. A few things make that reference almost comical.

1) They most likely don’t have any concept of what it costs to participate in the much larger model aviation sector of fixed wing and helicopters. At $1,00.00 to $1,800.00 the cost falls at the lower middle of what someone would pay for a decent plane, radio, and peripheral equipment. As the cameras used on consumers makes them competitive photographic tools we might then compare them with competition level model aircraft where the entry level cost jumps into the $2,500.00 to $7,000.00 range.

2) Anything that depreciates 50%-60% the moment you pay for it cannot by any stretch of the imagination be considered an “ investment”. Investments are made with an expectation of gaining in value, not falling. This is of even greater consideration when time is factored in. Two years from we would be extremely lucky to recover only 40% of the original purchase price from the sale if today’s consumer drone equipment.

3) Consumer drone technology has been progressing quite fast for the past several years. Only 4-5 years ago your camera choices were quite limited, resolution was on average only 720p unless using a GoPro at 1080p, which you had to turn on prior to take off, and gimbals only provided a tilt axis with vibration stabilization. What is one of those set ups worth today? There is no reason to believe the technology in play is going to stagnate. In fact, consumer drone makers are doing all they can to bring new tech to market as quickly as possible so performance should be anticipated to move as fast or faster as it has previously. Each level of performance enhancement reduces the value of previous equipment as people view only the “latest, greatest” as suitable for improving their photographic capabilities. If they won’t buy the old stuff because they only want the new stuff, what happens to the “investment” value of the old stuff? It decreases further. I well remember building heavy lifters where I had $7000,00 to $10,000.00 wrapped up in them in parts before adding a gimbal and camera, which would add another $4,000.00 to $8,000.00 with a decent DSLR, lens, and 3 axis, servo driven gimbal. You can buy similar today for $8,000.00, ready to fly and record imagery.

Bottom line, at prices ranging from $700.00 to $2,000.00 we aren’t investing in anything. We are buying a product that has a good useful life cycle using technology that will be obsolete 6 months after we acquire it.

Any investments we make at this level will be in developing our skills to make best use of the technology at our fingertips, and in our photographic skill sets. The “investments” won’t be due to the equipment cost. Spending a bunch of money does not qualify the act as an investment. It’s just a purchase with this stuff.

Last edited:
The e50 is still listed at $1100 on the US site. I'll be impressed if they list the c23 for less.

When we consider the actual cost to produce one of those $1,000.00 cell phones is under $350.00...

I get a kick from people that refer to the purchase price of a relatively inexpensive for quality delivered consumer drone as an “investment”. A few things make that reference almost comical.

1) They moat likely don’t have any concept of what it costs to participate in the much larger model aviation sector of fixed wing and helicopters. At $1,00.00 to $1,800.00 the cost falls at the lower middle of what someone would pay for a decent plane, radio, and peripheral equipment. As the cameras used on consumers makes them competitive photographic tools we might then compare them with competition level model aircraft where the entry level cost jumps into the $2,500.00 to $7,000.00 range.

2) Anything that depreciates 50%-60% the moment you pay for it cannot by any stretch of the imagination be considered an “ investment”. Investments are made with an expectation of gaining in value, not falling. This is of even greater consideration when time is factored in. Two years from we would be extremely lucky to recover only 40% of the original purchase price from the sale if today’s consumer drone equipment.

3) Consumer drone technology has been progressing quite fast for the past several years. Only 4-5 years ago your camera choices were quite limited, resolution was on average only 720p unless using a GoPro at 1080p, which you had to turn on prior to take off, and gimbals only provided a tilt axis with vibration stabilization. What is one of those set ups worth today? There is no reason to believe the technology in play is going to stagnate. In fact, consumer drone makers are doing all they can to bring new tech to market as quickly as possible so performance should be anticipated to move as fast or faster as it has previously. Each level of performance enhancement reduces the value of previous equipment as people view only the “latest, greatest” as suitable for improving their photographic capabilities. If they won’t buy the old stuff because they only want the new stuff, what happens to the “investment” value of the old stuff? It decreases further. I well remember building heavy lifters where I had $7000,00 to $10,000.00 wrapped up in them in parts before adding a gimbal and camera, which would add another $4,000.00 to $8,000.00 with a decent DSLR, lens, and 3 axis, servo driven gimbal. You can buy similar today for $8,000.00, ready to fly and record imagery.

Bottom line, at prices ranging from $700.00 to $2,000.00 we aren’t investing in anything. We are buying a product that has a good useful life cycle using technology that will be obsolete 6 months after we acquire it.

Any investments we make at this level will be in developing our skills to make best use of the technology at our fingertips, and in our photographic skill sets. The “investments” won’t be due to the equipment cost.
I think most drone people are using the word "investment" as "the outlay of money usually for income or profit". In this sense the drone is a tool used to gain employment. The drone itself used as gold or a house to gain value is a pipe dream. I'm not deluding myself into thinking that my drones are going to become a valued business opportunity but it has and is working for some out there.

Reactions: AeriaL
When we consider the actual cost to produce one of those $1,000.00 cell phones is under $350.00...
Did you get the $350 cost from research? I've always wondered what a new Iphone actually costs. I figured well below $350.

I am looking at fishing bobbers. I purchased 3 of them that light for $22. The same cost from China is $3.

Many people think that the price we pay should just be the cost of manufacturing + component costs and maybe some shipping. Years of research, development and testing seem to be free to some. In case you forget every public company must also increase profits every quarter or deal with the wrath of Wall Street after paying $million salaries to execs *and* providing bonuses, stock options, etc.

Any investments we make at this level will be in developing our skills to make best use of the technology at our fingertips, and in our photographic skill sets. The “investments” won’t be due to the equipment cost. Spending a bunch of money does not qualify the act as an investment. It’s just a purchase with this stuff.

Purchased Typhoon H Pro Bundle October 2016 - $1500... Sold July 2018, with some extras - $500.

New Typhoon H Plus Bundle $1699... as soon as more outlets have these in stock, competition will start sales on that package and they'll be available for that same $1500. I'll end up with an upgraded unit on a platform I'm already comfortable with... and as a photographer, finally a camera that will produce the imagery I will be quite happy with.

As far as the original $1500 invested? Cheap, as far as the invaluable experience I gained from those two years, including the perspective gained from both a crash, as well as the warranty repair experience. I am no veteran, but I am a much better operator from it all. Most importantly to the members of this board, who generously give their knowledge and experience... Salut!

Last edited:
About six or seven years ago, I paid almost the same for a Phantom 2 with a 3 axis gimbal for a GoPro, case, batteries, transmitter and receiver and screen for video, and so on; as I did for the Plus. Its a bargain in my mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my