Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Aspect Issue when switching between Vid / Photo

Reaction score
Morning all and Happy New Year!

Seems i have an issue with my H that I'd not seen before, apologies if its been answered before........

Basically when I'm shooting video, stop recording and switch over to photo the image on my st16 expands and makes the picture all out of aspect......

Fine when I put it back to video......

Any ideas??

It seems that the FPV image sent to the ST-16 is stretched from the 4:3 aspect ratio to fit the screen - and that's what's saved to the ST-16 itself when it stores the lower resolution FPV photo.

The photo stored on the SD-card in the CGO3+ itself is correct though, it's just the view on the ST-16. It's slightly odd, but you don't loose anything.

So im guessing yours does it too, its odd as i don't get the same from my H920.

Thing is it makes it really difficult when trying to visualise how a photo will turn out, all you get is this odd looking stretched image. I can understand that its not how the SD card records it but you would imagine its something Yuneec would have looked into..........wonder if there is a setting im / we are missing somewhere? Would be interesting to find out how many of us are suffering with this issue

It's one of the differences between a St-16 and a ST-24. Since the actual aspect image aspect ratio of the photo itself is not affected the camera is not associated with the change in screen image, just the controller. In can be a little irritating when framing a still shot though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: volanti

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corteizshop