Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera image shakes (video encl.)

Reaction score
After updating to the latest available version:
C23_C_1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312
the camera images shake very noticeably.
It makes recordings useless.
Is it from gimbal or drone?

Any advice?
Can we calibrate gimbal? Where?

Last edited:
Might worth doing a search on gimbal vibration, there is a recent thread on placing weights on the camera to eliminate the wobble.
Perhaps others can chip in
There is a thread on rollback but perhaps read for reference.

Reactions: JANG
Thanks all for replies.

So which is C23 firmware best stable?

I found 20190909 build file inside this forum, which even ST16S does not display to upload. Try or downgrade to some 2018...?

After updating to the latest available version:
C23_C_1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312
the camera images shake very noticeably.
It makes recordings useless.
Is it from gimbal or drone?

Any advice?
Can we calibrate gimbal? Where?

It's from the Yaw function of the camera.
Needs a gimbal correction (not a calibration) by Yuneec.
It's a special program

It looks like @JANG is not in the US so maybe there is hope for him to get the gimbal fixed via Yuneec customer service in his country. If not there have been a few people that have sought more direct measures and taking on the task themselves - some with good results. (My Plus does not have gimbal problems as I have not updated to the latest firmware, so I cannot confirm or deny the results others are getting.)

Jang, check this Thread

For anyone who has not heard of this - if you have a Plus and it is working properly - Do NOT update to the latest firmware. ;)

Great. So what number of camera firmware do you stay?

It will help if you can share .zip or .yuneec file you used actually, because you have it already in your ST16 storage.
And I need C version.

It looks like @JANG is not in the US so maybe there is hope for him to get the gimbal fixed via Yuneec customer service in his country. If not there have been a few people that have sought more direct measures and taking on the task themselves - some with good results. (My Plus does not have gimbal problems as I have not updated to the latest firmware, so I cannot confirm or deny the results others are getting.)

Jang, check this Thread

For anyone who has not heard of this - if you have a Plus and it is working properly - Do NOT update to the latest firmware. ;)

Last edited:
Any advice?
Download the attached file.
Unzip (uncompress) the file. The file name should be gimbal.yuneec
Copy the file to a formatted sd card that you normally use in the camera.
Install the card in the camera and watch the video below

NOTE: The file will be renamed gimbal.yuneec.updated after the install.

The testing and procedure was a team effort including @DCH and @WTFDproject. They spend many hours to provide this information. Thank you both.

Attachments

• gimbal fix.zip
    127 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
Please let me know if you are not able to download and/or rename the attachment above.
The camera I used to make that video did have a buzz prior to installing this gimbal file. After the install the camera is working perfectly with no buzz or vibration so I'm hoping it will work for others as well.

many thanks. I downloaded, but will check tomorrow morning on the air.

the file size is strange 203kb, because all others versions this file has 125kb. but let's see tomorrow.

Please let me know if you are not able to download and/or rename the attachment above.
The camera I used to make that video did have a buzz prior to installing this gimbal file. After the install the camera is working perfectly with no buzz or vibration so I'm hoping it will work for others as well.

yes I worked that much out......but “what” is it doing?
It is performing nothing less than a miracle! That is what it is doing. I have been dealing with this issue for so long I can't remember not dealing with it, tried so many things, suspected so many causes, and been fooled into thinking that it has been fixed before. I am hesitant to get excited (again) because I have gone 12 hours without Buzz before, gotten my hopes up, only to have them dashed against the rocks of despair and sink with all hands on board by the next day!

But something tells me this time is different (just like so many times before I thought were going to be different :rolleyes: ), so far the only time it has buzzed since the fix, was the initial power up that I posted about. I have powered it on about every 15~20 min since then and have yet to experience it buzzing again. So my fingers and toes are crossed and time will tell.

But my hopes are still up because it's completely silent and there is a different look to it, ...it seems to have a certain twinkle in it's eye!

P1070073.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Steve, I can confim that the shaking of camera image disappeared after your gimbal.yuneec file updated.
Thanks you.

On the other hand, I am not sure about current image stability.
When the drone just hovers, or it flies straight forward by simple line, the camera (= gimbal) changes its angle of view rapidly and randomly.
This is not some shaking, this is changes of a few degrees and stay in new position/angle.
Certainly this is not so important while photoshooting, but this is a real matter while video recording.

I need more tests. Today it is windy day, and I still do not use some weight balancing of gimbal.
But I am pretty shure this was not observed in the previous yesterday recordings.

I have gimbal.yuneec file dated 20190909 too. I will try today.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
...When the drone just hovers, or it flies straight forward by simple line, the camera (= gimbal) changes its angle of view rapidly and randomly.....
@JANG,
This is a good data point. We need to know early if there is an issue with the fix.
To that end, I hope anyone else that uses the fix will report the results. Both good results and bad results are important. We need to know both, so we can establish a pattern. I look forward to your later tests.

For what it is worth, I loaded the fix on a C23 and flew some video time. I had no anomalies at all. However, this C23 did not have the gimbal buzz to start with. It was already a stable camera. That decreases the value of my data point because the "fix" was applied to a different circumstance.

I encourage anyone with results to share them. Again, bad results are obviously critical. But in reality, good results are equally important. If there is a pattern, it must be accurately identified before it can be resolved effectively.

the camera (= gimbal) changes its angle of view rapidly and randomly.
This is not some shaking, this is changes of a few degrees and stay in new position/angle.
While the Plus is powered sitting on the table, are you able to move the gimbal by hand?
If you push it to the side a few degrees does it return?

There is just the sweet sound of silence, my old and forgotten friend! I'm ready to put the official Dr. Frankenphoon Mad Science Seal of Approval to this fix.

I have not seen any symptoms like @JANG has reported. I have only taken one test flight, and I did not experience any anomalies whatsoever. It is worth noting that It did take 2 tries for the fix to work for me, maybe @JANG should try to install the fix again with a fresh file on a formatted card and see if works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys. I can confirm that the file gimbal.yuneec dated 20190909 works like much better.
Absolutely none shakings, none buzzes, and none accidentally angle changes.
But not always. Not in each situation. I still need more tests in the air.
Sometimes it give useful video recoding. Another time it is still vibrating in video image.
Any way it looks more stable.
I do not use any additional coin balancing of gimbal.

Ps. Thanks Steve Carr for previous help and point me to right directions how to fix it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval