Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera lost power mid-flight

Reaction score
Went flying today all was well for the first 5 minutes then I lost power to camera. landed safely as the rest of drone worked well. I tried power of then on to no avail. I searched these forums for a pin out of the hot shoe so I can start troubleshooting. I know one was posted here but for the life of me I can not find it.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone would point me in the right direction to find it.

thanks

socaljj

I guess you can spend time checking other things first, but given the power failure occurred during flight, the problem is probably a blown fuse, commonly referred to as the "K" fuse. That will be discussed in Step 3.

1.) Check the Hotshoe. The "power" is battery voltage. If it has normal voltage, then it's a camera issue. DO NOT make contact between Power and PWM. That will instantly result in the need for a new mainboard. Given the consequences of a minor error here, you may just want to skip this step. OR, If you have another CGo3 or CG03+, you can just mount the other camera to see if you have voltage.
Hot Shoe contacts.jpg

2.) If no voltage, dismount the hotshoe and ensure it is plugged in.

3.) If the hotshoe is plugged in and still no voltage, remove the Typhoon H top shell and check the camera connector and the K fuse.
The camera connector is the one right in front of the fuse.
The fuse will LOOK perfect. You have to check it with a multimeter.

Camera Fuse.jpg

4.) The fuse in this link is what I used to replace mine. No problems so far. The only place I found the EXACT fuse was a vendor in China, with a three month estimated delivery.
1.5A 63V ( 3pcs ) K- Fuse (1206) SMD/SMT Very Fast Acting (Littelfuse) | eBay

Last edited:
Thanks since garage (work area) is 100 degrees now will check first thing in AM

I guess you can spend time checking other things first, but given the power failure occurred during flight, the problem is probably a blown fuse, commonly referred to as the "K" fuse. That will be discussed in Step 3.

1.) Check the Hotshoe. The "power" is battery voltage. If it has normal voltage, then it's a camera issue. DO NOT make contact between Power and PWM. That will instantly result in the need for a new mainboard. Given the consequences of a minor error here, you may just want to skip this step. OR, If you have another CGo3 or CG03+, you can just mount the other camera to see if you have voltage.
View attachment 17915

3.) If the hotshoe is plugged in and still no voltage, remove the Typhoon H top shell and check the camera connector and the K fuse.

View attachment 17916

4.) The fuse in this link is what I used to replace mine. No problems so far. The only place I found the EXACT fuse was a vendor in China, with a three month estimated delivery.
Is the OP in US? The eBay seller doesn't ship to Europe. Can't see why it's only a fuse.

Checked the power to the shoe 0 volts. Checked continuity of the k fuse dead open. Ordered K fuse to replace.

Thanks for the help

Reactions: WTFDproject

View attachment 17915

View attachment 17916

So this is a rare item?

So this is a rare item?

Probably not to someone more familiar with this stuff. I had a hard time figuring out what I was looking for. I still don't know how "fast" the original fuse is.

It would be of great value if someone can provide the specification and a source for the original fuse.

This is the partial information I have:
1.5 amp SMD fuse, US size 1206, Metric Size 3216
K Fuse.jpg

UPDATE: Got the fuse (golly it is small) and now have power to the shoe...BUT... no joy as the camera is still dead. Now to search on camera fixing.

Thanks for all who helped it was very useful.

UPDATE: Got the fuse (golly it is small) and now have power to the shoe...BUT... no joy as the camera is still dead. Now to search on camera fixing.

Thanks for all who helped it was very useful.

Did your slip ring cable is still intact? I will check that first for the continuity for each cable sometimes when you look at them look like they are OK but you can't see inside the cable. I always use a multimeter on ohm position to check the continuity.

Once I verified that the fuse replacement was successful I knew I was past my comfort zone. So I went to :

He was fast and fair, got my camera working and the turn around was great

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital