Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can‘t find camera, can‘t bind

Reaction score
Hi there pilotes

I hava problem with my h520 and st16.

After the lastest update, i can‘t bind with my drone. The remote don‘t show the cam on the connect window. I even tried to bind manualyly, but if I turn the drone upside down, just nothing happends- the lights of the drone are white (front) and purple blinking on the back.

I tried to reinstall the datapilot app, but the issue remains...

Is there any way to reset the drohne itself?

Data Pilot vs. 1.6.92

Anyone an Idea? I tried for hours....

Tanks, cheers
Ned

May I ask you again- I am on the first step- the update of the camera. But as I see the update is for the E90 Cam. But I got the E30Z...Is this a problem or does it work for all cams?

Edit: Never mind- I did it on the E30. It didn' work anyway- the drone or the cam doesn`t do anything like described on the manual (geat work by the way..).
2nd Edit- I tried one more time and at least something happend- but now the cam starts to re calibrate again and again...so that does nod work.

Last edited:
Unzip this and use these three files. Do NOT use the "Versions.JSON" from the E90 set. I don't have the "versions" file for the E30Z, but it may not need it.

Attachments

• E30Z Disk 1 (Camera Card) (EU).zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: Nedemis
Thank you very much for your help! Unfortunately the result is the same- the cam resets every 20sec nonstop. I cant't even shut down the drohne. I had to remove the battery pack..o_O

Is there the possibility to reset just the drohne- without the cam? I see there is an autopilot.yuneec file on the yuneec page. How can I get this file on the drone?

Sorry that it did not help.
Is there the possibility to reset just the drohne- without the cam? I see there is an autopilot.yuneec file on the yuneec page. How can I get this file on the drohne?
It has to be loaded through the camera. I do not know of any other way.
Did you get your first set of files from the website, or did you use "Update Manager" to download them?

Sorry that it did not help.

It has to be loaded through the camera. I do not know of any other way.
Did you get your first set of files from the website, or did you use "Update Manager" to download them?
I did use the Update Manager. I remember I was little confused, because the files on the drone seem to be newer than the ones that came with the update manager- but I am not sure of this. Maybe that caused all the trouble...

That is certainly possible. Some previous drone firmware would not allow you to load older versions. But they would not crash, they simply would not load. I believe the original file dates in these sets are all from about a year ago, January of 2020. Do you recall the file dates of either your original files or your new ones?

@Nedemis,
There is something you can look for that might help. Go to the "File Manager" of your ST16S. Select the "Internal Storage", then scroll to the bottom of the screen. Look to see if it holds copies of these four files"
Autopilot.Yuneec
Firmware.bin
gimbal.yuneec
Versions.json
If the file dates/times are within a few minutes of each other, download a copy of the Versions.json file. Rename the COPY of the file to Versions.TXT, and open it with a text editor. Do a search for the term "E30Z". If you find it, you may be able to build a functional set of Disk 1 files to restore your system.

That is certainly possible. Some previous drone firmware would not allow you to load older versions. But they would not crash, they simply would not load. I believe the original file dates in these sets are all from about a year ago, January of 2020. Do you recall the file dates of either your original files or your new ones?
Puhh...I don't even remember what I had for breakfast...no chance:( Next time I'll do a print screen.

@Nedemis,
There is something you can look for that might help. Go to the "File Manager" of your ST16S. Select the "Internal Storage", then scroll to the bottom of the screen. Look to see if it holds copies of these four files"
Autopilot.Yuneec
Firmware.bin
gimbal.yuneec
Versions.json
If the file dates/times are within a few minutes of each other, download a copy of the Versions.json file. Rename the COPY of the file to Versions.TXT, and open it with a text editor. Do a search for the term "E30Z". If you find it, you may be able to build a functional set of Disk 1 files to restore your system.
In my Directory there is only the versions.json file. No other (only the datapilot.apk file). I did copy and rename the file, but there i not much text and no E30Z....

There are no official firmware updates for the E30Z. The only firmware you will be able to load from an SD card without connecting to the camera is the AutoPilot (Flight Controller). I just went through this with another user and while it is not widespread (yet) it has started happening to some users. Unfortunately without being able to connect to the camera you cannot use UpdatePilot.

Did yours ever work?

Can you see and connect to the WiFi signal from other devices?

I did send you the txt filde and the update log on pm..maybe you want to have a look for yourself...

The Problem ist solved...Well- not solved but the issue is clear.
Now the thing is, it's the RTK Modell. And the RTK is obviously not compatible with the update App...
In fact, any update via the update app destroys the software. This is what happend to mine.
Unfortunately this ist not written or mentiond anywhere. I don't know about you guys, but the first thing I do when i got a new drone (or any device whitch has to be up to date) is doing an update...
Now I have to send the thing back to the retailer in Germany.

Thank you WTFD and Chasco for your support!! ???

Cheers ✌️

Ned

the first thing I do when i got a new drone (or any device whitch has to be up to date) is doing an update...
That surely is the bane of technology! I always read the release notes and if there aren't any bug fixes related to performance then I will, but if there are then I wait a version or two. Sometimes you will see a subsequent update fix something from an older update. I think computer security updates are really the only thing that we install religiously, but not until they have been vetted through a pre-deployment machine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval