Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can the Q500 4k follow you?

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting one, but I didn't see any posts or info on if it can follow a subject from behind.
Can you do this yourself and put the controller in a backpack you are wearing and have it follow you for 15 min.?
Does it stay a set distance? Like if you slow down it won't hit you?

Could you have it low to the ground like 8-10 feet off the ground and follow behind your car or motorcycle?

I read battery life is only 15-20 min?
is that true?

thanks

The Q has two features in this area.
One is "Follow me" that lets you put the Q where you want it and it will keep that same relationship to the controller no matter where you move.
The other is "Watch me" mode and it will aim the camera at the transmitter and follow you around that way too.

Yes, battery life for the Q is not that great and 15-20 minutes with an extended pack is normal.

Good luck and happy flying,
Jafo

It's best not to use follow me mode at a low altitude. The Q will not change altitude if you go up or down a hill. Also note, anytime you change the mode from Angle to Smart, the Q is automatically in follow mode. Whenever the controller moves, so does the Q.
To practice using follow mode, it might be best to keep the Q out in front of you so you can see what it's doing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic