Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CG03+ DNG - JPG Comparison & Video

Raw is the only way to go if you plan on doing anything with your images in post-production, i use the jpegs for quick previews only

Very nicely done, Pat. This is a great video series you've embarked on.

P.S. the latest Adobe Camera RAW and Lightroom both have lens profiles built in for the Yuneec that are capable of eliminating the chromatic aberration and also correct for any pin cushion or other visual distortions.

You mention a profile in lightroom and RAW for the Yuneec series. where would I find that?

I use Adobe Lightroom CC Classic. In the "Develop" module go to "Lens Corrections". Under "Profile" you can check the boxes for "Remove Chromatic Aberration" and "Enable Profile Corrections". Below there is a "Lens Profile". You will find the "Make" Yuneec, "Model" COG2gb and "Profile" Adobe (CGO2 gb).

Its not a perfect profile but it gets you close enough and you can add your own tweaks by going into "Manual".

Hope this helps

I use Adobe Lightroom CC Classic. In the "Develop" module go to "Lens Corrections". Under "Profile" you can check the boxes for "Remove Chromatic Aberration" and "Enable Profile Corrections". Below there is a "Lens Profile". You will find the "Make" Yuneec, "Model" COG2gb and "Profile" Adobe (CGO2 gb).

Its not a perfect profile but it gets you close enough and you can add your own tweaks by going into "Manual".

Hope this helps

Thank you, I will give that a shot.

A couple weeks ago we we're shooting a property that was a somewhat difficult job. For one, the house was surrounded by trees which made the aerial part tough from a flying standpoint but also the realtor asked me to get a specific shot showing the front entrance garden and landscaping and in particular; show the vivid colors. I had to fly just under some trees and the lighting was not cooperating but we did the job. In the end I was able to use the DNG's to produce the results they wanted, which to my taste are a tad too colorful, but this is the type of stuff realtors want these days. ;) I have reduced the size of these photos so you can see the effect of selective sharpening on the DNG - which is now a PNG.

I am in the midst of making a video showing the steps to create this type of image but I thought I would post a few pics here for you to see.

Here are reduced versions of the full 12 MP images. The JPG was shot on Gorgeous and is basically unaltered, while the DNG has been through processing and has been output as a PNG.

DNG
View attachment 9743

JPG

View attachment 9742
I would just like to say thay your videos on the typhoon h are excellent teaching tools. I recently got into the hobby and your tips are very helpful. Was practicing with the cruise control. Great job and look forward to more. Thanks for taking the time to make such detailed and informational videos. The typhoon H i think is an amazing machine. I got my as a factory refurbished on Amazon for 399. Very pleased except for controller problem that Yuneec repaired.

@Ty Pilot In your cruise control video you mention setting up with two ST16 batteries. When I got my initial set up I got an extra ST16 battery, but have had a difficult time finding the plug ends to adapt for my charger. Where did you get those silly things?

I found them on amazon. They are an EC2 Male connector. I use them with a team associated touch duo charger. Works if you drain the controller battery down to far abd i have learned that the sc16 wont charge the battery if its c
Voltage is too loo. I hope you dont mind me answering your question.

Correction. ST16 is the controller. My charger is a team orion touch duo. Sorry for the miss info.

I found them on amazon. They are an EC2 Male connector. I use them with a team associated touch duo charger. Works if you drain the controller battery down to far abd i have learned that the sc16 wont charge the battery if its c
Voltage is too loo. I hope you dont mind me answering your question.

Nope. I don't mind at all. Thank you for the quick reply. I have noticed that the ST16 is a painfully slow charger. . .Maybe as you said the voltage is too low when I start. Never thought to look at that before. Good tip.

I had a charging problem with my ST16. Actually it was totally draining a fully charged battery when the controller was off!. I would plug in the charger and nothing would happen at all. I took a guess that maybe i had a bad battery so i purchased a new battery. Charged it okay in the controller but 1 day later same result. Completely dead controller. Thats when i had the idea to buy rhe ec2 connector and see if my "real' lipo charger would work and it did. I wad able to restore the batteries to a level that then they would charge again in the ST16 controller. I had to send the controller back to Yuneec for repairs. Its nice to have another option to charge the ST16 battery.

LoL!! Ty Pilot on your comment on sticking to soldering. But, that is why I love this forum, humor and sharing of information. Thanks guys.

Reactions: prowavy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval