Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ Camera Question...

Reaction score
Turned on typhoon H 480 this morning, and the camera upon startup started to shake for about 15 seconds then a red and green blinking light was seen out of the pinhole. The camera went limp after about 15 seconds... followed by three continuous beeps. Continue to do this upon every startup. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks to everybody in advance

Listen very carefully to the beeps. It should be a series of Long/short beeps, a pause, and then repeat the pattern over and over.
Compare the beeps with the chart below to see if it matches any of the patterns I know about. If it is a new pattern, please describe the pattern as well as you can, and provide ANY recent history that may help to find the source. With nothing to go on except "3 beeps", I suspect it was two long, one short, but a guess isn't good enough to start making recommendations. But at least it is a hope.

cgo3+ Gimbal Board Connections5.jpg

The easy part is that the beep is the tilt encoder error. ( See connector "H" in the upper left of the drawing.)
Not sure about all the movement while it is supposed to be initializing. Might be related to the encoder, but I will have to find time to try various failure modes to see if I can re-create it.
In the meantime, it would be a good idea to take the cover off the gimbal board, and check that connector. Just unplug it, clean it with "plastic safe" contact cleaner if you have any, alcohol also works pretty well. Then plug it back in and give it a try.

It will likely be a couple hours before I know if I can even re-create that behavior.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thank you so much for your reply and your help.... is there a video showing how to replace this?

The good news is the research was quick. I unplugged the tilt encoder, powered up, and it did exactly the same thing as shown in your video. Crazy movements, encoder beeps and all.

I don't know if there is a video anywhere, and I don't have a document generated for how to replace the encoder. It will take until tomorrow to generate a step by step document.
You can access the plug fairly easily, but it does take some fiddling. If you want to try that, here are the high lights:
1.) Pull the round cap off the gimbal enclosure. It just snaps off. The clearance is limited by the camera ball, so you have to fiddle around with how to clear it. Tilt the camera nose to provide the maximum clearance by positioning the camera in the maximum DOWN position, the BOTTOM of the nose will be just above the gimbal board. Then work the cover off.
2.) Remove the two screws that hold the lower gimbal enclosure to the camera vertical arm. Pry the "wings" out enough to get them started, using something like a PLASTIC knife.
3.) Then maneuver the lower enclosure out similar to the way you got the cap out.
4.) You will then have full access to the plug.

After you clean the plug, try the camera BEFORE you wrestle with putting the enclosure back in place. (Life's just a lot easier that way.)

I will go look for a video, but I rather doubt one is out there.

Let me know if you need a step by step version for replacing the entire tilt encoder. It would be a decent addition to the forum anyway, and I can probably have one ready in about a half days work.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes please... A step-by-step would be fantastic.... thank you so much for your help and your knowledge...

I was kinda hoping you would say that. I'll get started on it tonight, after I respond to another issue, and have it ready as early as I can tomorrow. It may be something simple, (corrosion, broken wire, etc.), but a full document can't hurt to have it around. I think I have a couple good sensors if you need one.

I was kinda hoping you would say that. I'll get started on it tonight, after I respond to another issue, and have it ready as early as I can tomorrow. It may be something simple, (corrosion, broken wire, etc.), but a full document can't hurt to have it around. I think I have a couple good sensors if you need one.
Yes i do need a sensor...How much? THANK YOU.... THANK YOU :)

Just got a PM from @Steve Carr. He's been fixing these things forever. He suggested taking the camera off the drone, resetting the camera (push and hold BOTH the tiny buttons you can barely see beside the SD card lot), then power it back up. It would be great if that worked.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Just an update. The document is still in progress, only about half complete at this point. I apologize for the delay.
Finally. Here is a draft of the document. I am sure it will get some adjustments, and clean up over the next few days, and possibly some actual corrections. Please be sure to come back and get the latest revision prior to actual use. Any comments would be welcome.

Attachments

• CGo3+ Pitch (tilt) Encoder Replacement.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
Finally. Here is a draft of the document. I am sure it will get some adjustments, and clean up over the next few days, and possibly some actual corrections. Please be sure to come back and get the latest revision prior to actual use. Any comments would be welcome.
Very informative excellent. Is that a restaurant on that card?
Product placement! ?

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval