Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cgo3+ mbits?!

hey guys thx again anyway for this informative thread it became,but sorry i am slowly loosing track of what your are discussing here.
Thanks alot,
at least I have learned something new☺

DerStig, I can't speak to the GoPro except to say it can't shoot in 4096x2160 resolution, it's maximum resolution is in the Ultra HD consumer format which has a slightly lower resolution of 3840x2160. Both the Phantom 4 4K camera and the CGO3+ use the same sensor -
View attachment 3347

DJI's website -
View attachment 3348

See that little tiny one below in the lower left of the sensor size diagram? Both the Phantom 4 and the CGO3+ use that one. The X5 uses the Four Thirds System but the Zenmuse X5 costs as much as my H Pro so I would hope it's better.

View attachment 3349
Sensor diagram by MarcusGR

You also said the Phantom 4 is 60Mbps, DJI says 60Mbps is the Max. Normal Mbps would be less than Max which makes sense. Either way pro-level cameras are considered to be those which record video at bit rates from 35mbps all the way up to 100mbps. For me they are both good cameras and by that definition are considered pro-level cameras.

As far as your dynamic range comment, dynamic range of a camera means nothing by itself. What matters is how well you can make the subject fit within the range of the camera. That's what makes a photographer a photographer. Knowing how to light your subject or how to adjust your camera is what matters.
Geez, I vote this as Post O'the Week!

Reactions: Heath75
I really think what DerStig was trying to convey is that DR is the result of not uncompressed higher lower variable constant bitrates subtracted from color depth which all points to the Typhoon H as being inferior in every way to all drones but mostest especially the GoPro hero. Thats what I've gleaned from this thread :)

Reactions: Rayray and Tuna
hey guys thx again anyway for this informative thread it became,but sorry i am slowly loosing track of what your are discussing here.
Thanks alot,
Yeah, I apologize. I allowed myself to be baited. My bad. Back on track now though.

I really think what DerStig was trying to convey is that DR is the result of not uncompressed higher lower variable constant bitrates subtracted from color depth which all points to the Typhoon H as being inferior in every way to all drones but mostest especially the GoPro hero. Thats what I've gleaned from this thread :)

Hey, you did a pretty good job. Obviously you realized it's no use trying to debate Der Stig on his terms. Throwing ARRI (tech movie folks) at us is like comparing a rowboat to a nuke destroyer. As someone said, if you see his posts over a period of time you know he's getting his info from the internet. Poor lonely soul needs attention.

Thanks alot,
Heath75, if you happen to come back try this - MediaInfo MediaInfo should be able to tell you the exact bitrate your file was recorded in assuming the meta data hasn't been corrupted.

MediaInfo will work on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Greg

I doubt he ever really bought the H. Probably works for DJI. He is just here to post negative info about the H. He claims to be an expert photographer but obviously does not understand optics. He claimed you could focus the lens at 9 inches and be sharp to infinity.

What many seem to miss is how derStig always steers the exchange to a DJI product. Much of what he posts ends up contradicting earlier posts, or vastly complicating earlier references but one thing always remains the same, the reference to DJI products. The most recent was the M600, where he conveniently left out the fact that systems like FreeFly, Hexacopter, Vulcan, and others have been carrying exquisite cameras and gimbals long before DJI went after the high end market. The M600 still has a bit of work to go to be considered trustworthy to reliably carry $60k+ in video equipment.

That such equipment is both unaffordable and unnecessary for the general consumer was not mentioned.

The class of equipment he is referencing in a ready to fly state often exceeds $100k when fully fitted out. They are not something the weekend photo enthusiast will ever consider. All that aside, the platform and gimbal carrying that tens of thousands of $$ camera is what makes or breaks the shoot, and many in the pro class moved away from the alphabet maker quite some time ago for reliability issues. Geo is causing others to change.

DerStig needs to start comparing apples to apples, and expose his portfolio for credibility. "Because I said so" does not make anyone an authority but it might well establish an agenda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tuna
Heath75, if you happen to come back try this - MediaInfo MediaInfo should be able to tell you the exact bitrate your file was recorded in assuming the meta data hasn't been corrupted.

MediaInfo will work on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Greg
Thx alot, i will try that...

Hey, you did a pretty good job. Obviously you realized it's no use trying to debate Der Stig on his terms. Throwing ARRI (tech movie folks) at us is like comparing a rowboat to a nuke destroyer. As someone said, if you see his posts over a period of time you know he's getting his info from the internet. Poor lonely soul needs attention.

LOL, I'm getting my info "from the internet' no I'm getting my info from actually working with the gear everyday.

What many seem to miss is how derStig always steers the exchange to a DJI product. Much of what he posts ends up contradicting earlier posts, or vastly complicating earlier references but one thing always remains the same, the reference to DJI products. The most recent was the M600, where he conveniently left out the fact that systems like FreeFly, Hexacopter, Vulcan, and others have been carrying exquisite cameras and gimbals long before DJI went after the high end market. The M600 still has a bit of work to go to be considered trustworthy to reliably carry $60k+ in video equipment.

That such equipment is both unaffordable and unnecessary for the general consumer was not mentioned.

The class of equipment he is referencing in a ready to fly state often exceeds $100k when fully fitted out. They are not something the weekend photo enthusiast will ever consider. All that aside, the platform and gimbal carrying that tens of thousands of $$ camera is what makes or breaks the shoot, and many in the pro class moved away from the alphabet maker quite some time ago for reliability issues. Geo is causing others to change.

DerStig needs to start comparing apples to apples, and expose his portfolio for credibility. "Because I said so" does not make anyone an authority but it might well establish an agenda.

No I mention the M600 because it's a lower cost than the Alta or the shotover. This is the equipment being used on pro shoots not a typhoon H which everyone here seems to think is a perfectly acceptable camera

I doubt he ever really bought the H. Probably works for DJI. He is just here to post negative info about the H. He claims to be an expert photographer but obviously does not understand optics. He claimed you could focus the lens at 9 inches and be sharp to infinity.

I bought a H, it was replaced by Yuneec so technically I have owned 2 H's. I do understand about optics, you on the other hand don't understand the math and that all lenses are governed by the same physics

I was working on a technique of intentionally misrepresenting his posts to annoy him since that seems to be his thing. I suggest everyone do it since we all know his posts are just bait.

Just a closing comment, for all of the talk of “high end gear”, DerStig just keeps hanging around here. I just don’t get it. If I had access to “high end gear”, I’d be hanging round those forums with my peers, not this one.

It’s kind of like someone owning a Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, Bugatti, McClaren, or other super car, then hanging out in the Ford Mustang forum telling everyone how much their stuff is crap compared to the good pro cars. If I had a super car, I’d be spending my time at the beach picking up women, not slumming it in some Ford Mustang forum. Truth is a lot of the guys in the Mustang forum could probably build a car from the ground up, instead of just buying one. Same goes for here. I’m sure a lot of the people here have built their own drones.

Maybe I should go hang out in the Syma X5 drone forum and tell everyone there how great my H Pro is compared to their $39.95 gimbal less, fixed camera? Yeah, that’s it, that would make me feel good…not. I personally can’t imagine doing anything like that. If anything, I’d try to help out, not complain and compare, but hey, that’s just me.

Mustangmoe, YOU are the Moviemaker, not DS. That is super great, KUDOs to you.

BTW, my car is an Anniversary Mustang GT.

Mustangmoe, YOU are the Moviemaker, not DS. That is super great, KUDOs to you.

BTW, my car is an Anniversary Mustang GT.
Nice, what year? Mine is a black 1996 4.6 GT Convertable with roll bar, side pipes with a balanced crossover. Of course it's lowered with the shorter Eibach's. I've had it since 1996 so its 20 now with 67,000 original miles, stored in the winter. It's almost old enough to drink.

Reactions: Rayray
Nice, what year? Mine is a black 1996 4.6 GT Convertable with roll bar, side pipes with a balanced crossover. Of course it's lowered with the shorter Eibach's. I've had it since 1996 so its 20 now with 67,000 original miles, stored in the winter. It's almost old enough to drink.

Wow, no wonder you're proud of it. Mine is a red 2015, therefore the 50 year anniversary. Less than 6000 miles now. About the 5th one for me.

Back to topic: Going back through posts, I noticed a member who posts seemed familiar. Deluge2.
He and Der Stig, whose opinions I admire, both joined this forum on the same day, May 21, 2016. Serendipity I know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss