Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

CGO3+ wiring problem and question

i just bought this motor because some wires was cut at the base of the motor after a small crash (1.5 meter ).
I suspect that i received a defect part because when i try to turn the motor manually i have noice who came from the upper , perhaps i needs to open it. Now my camera is OK but the motor run always and my camera turn indefinitively. Somebody mays help me ?
Meanwhile, i had disconnect the motor and i use the camera with 2 axis, the horizontal axis is blocked to be able to use the camera with my typhoon but some function can not work correctly (like follow me .. )

Sorry to hear about these issues. I had the same problem after a hard landing. It appears to be a weakness inherent in the design. If the rubber damper keepers fail in a hard landing, the rubber grommets can pull out and the camera wires pull out of the slip ring. I sent mine back to Yuneec (California). It cost about $70 for a new slip ring and labor but the work was done in good time. I now have very strong, light string looped loosely around through the 2 grommets that don't have keepers. That requires drilling 2 holes in the plastic grommet cover. Now, the weakest point is the plastic guide rail part for mounting the gimbal. That's a cheap part.

Thanks for your precious feedback. I'm French and I don't understand perfectly what you said by... "That requires drilling 2 holes in the plastic grommet cover. Now, the weakest point is the plastic guide rail part for mounting the gimbal. That's a cheap part..."
Do you have a small picture or a schema for the 2 holes in the plastic grommet.
Thanks you

Thanks for your precious feedback. I'm French and I don't understand perfectly what you said by... "That requires drilling 2 holes in the plastic grommet cover. Now, the weakest point is the plastic guide rail part for mounting the gimbal. That's a cheap part..."
Do you have a small picture or a schema for the 2 holes in the plastic grommet.
Thanks you
No problem. Here's 2 photos.Gimbal Mods 1.JPG Gimbal Mods 2.JPG

It's a terrible design. To allow it to wreck, pull apart and let the wires either pull of the small mount connection board or pull out of the camera internals is very poor. And it can happen with any sort of a hard landing. It happen mine too after a hard bounce on landing. On my 5th flight. Gutted considering I've only got it.

Hi Folks,

I too had a crash that ripped out all the wires from the camera and gimbal. I searched online and ran into a replacement part from verticaldrones. here it is in case someone still needs one.
Yuneec CGO3+ Gimbal Yaw Motor with Slip Ring

Did you figure out how to install the new yawl motor - I'm having trouble trying to dusassemble the entire housing to replace that motor. Any assistance/steps you can share would be extremely appreciated.

Hi Folks,

I too had a crash that ripped out all the wires from the camera and gimbal. I searched online and ran into a replacement part from verticaldrones. here it is in case someone still needs one.
Yuneec CGO3+ Gimbal Yaw Motor with Slip Ring

I had to buy a new gimbal motor after a crash and got it from Vertigo Drones.com. After a crash the wires stripped off the motor and some from the control board. Problem is I haven't figured out how to get to the screws inside that hold the motor on, anyone made this repair yet? I can't seem to figure out how to get the whole camera off its axis to access those screws.

It's a terrible design. To allow it to wreck, pull apart and let the wires either pull of the small mount connection board or pull out of the camera internals is very poor. And it can happen with any sort of a hard landing. It happen mine too after a hard bounce on landing. On my 5th flight. Gutted considering I've only got it.

Gerry,

I hate to tell ya, but with all multirotors, from toy level to multi $ hundred
K cinema camera rigs carrying Reds and Arris, what gets wrecked in every crash is the camera and gimbal. Imagine having a $20k gimbal and $70k worth of camera on it.

Best advice I can give is fly it like you want to keep it and plan your flights. They are designed to fly, not crash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you need the yawn motor or just the slip ring wires to be replaced ?
anyone has experience with this cables replacement ?

do you need the yawn motor or just the slip ring wires to be replaced ?
anyone has experience with this cables replacement ?
Most of the time it's just the slip ring that needs replaced if the wiring is damaged. I've replaced several.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430