Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Class 10, UHS-3 Micro-cards - 32 and 64 K

R

Rayray

These are today's prices on Amazon for high-speed UHS-3 Micro-cards, 32 and 64K. $15 and $23.
As always on Amazon, prices can change daily or without warning.
Amazon.com: PNY Elite-X 32GB microSDHC Card with Adapter-UHS-I, U3 - up to 90MB/sec (P-SDU32U390EX-GE): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Samsung 64GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select Memory Card with Adapter (MB-ME64GA/AM): SAMSUNG: Computers & Accessories

Don't pay too much attention to the stated long ship date for the 64K. Usually is within a week.

Reactions: ThunderChicken
Reaction score
Nice find, what is the maximum size we can use on the Typhoon H?

R

Rayray

256 probably, but the performance/price point is what I watch, being cheap.:eek:

EDIT: Somebody is saying the max size is 128. Oh well...

Last edited by a moderator:

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A 64gig card records an enormous amount of data with 4k video. There's enough capacity there to store a week's worth of video files flying 10 times a day. That's a lot of video to be lost if you failed to download it and something went wrong where you lost the card, the files became corrupted, or you put the H into a lake or something. Imagine how much worse that would be if you had a 128 or 256 gig card filled with files.

It's not how much you can put on a card, but how much you should put on a card and keep it there. Large capacity cards are great for storage, if they are stored. A large capacity card that is used to record only a little bit of data is a waste of space and money.

Eagle's Eye Video

Global Village Idiot
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Agreed... much better to have two 32 GB cards... so you have a spare. What I want to know is how much of
a difference will (for example) a V60 rated card make, as compared to a Class 10 U3 rated card?

Last edited:
R

Rayray

It's not how much you can put on a card, but how much you should put on a card and keep it there. Large capacity cards are great for storage, if they are stored. A large capacity card that is used to record only a little bit of data is a waste of space and money.

Doggone, I meant to say that. And the cotton-picking 128 and 256 are out of sight pricey.
With 4 other cams besides the CGO3s, I need to label these things, maybe a Rolodex micro-card holder?

FlushVision

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
A 64gig card records an enormous amount of data with 4k video. There's enough capacity there to store a week's worth of video files flying 10 times a day. That's a lot of video to be lost if you failed to download it and something went wrong where you lost the card, the files became corrupted, or you put the H into a lake or something. Imagine how much worse that would be if you had a 128 or 256 gig card filled with files.

I agree with this. I use 32gig cards but since I transfer all the image files and leave no image files on the cards. In most cases what I do in one day will fit on a 16gig card...but that's in most cases. There are instances where I can collect more than 16gigs of data but never ever anywhere near 32gig, so 32gig cards are appropriate for me.

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Agreed... much better to have two 32 GB cards... so you have a spare. What I want to know is how much of
a difference will (for example) a V60 rated card make, as compared to a Class 10 U3 rated card?

I'll let you know. I just ordered a V60 card. I'm not even sure it will work with the CGO3+. The U3 card is supposed to be equivalent to a V30.

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Doggone, I meant to say that. And the cotton-picking 128 and 256 are out of sight pricey.
With 4 other cams besides the CGO3s, I need to label these things, maybe a Rolodex micro-card holder?

Do an Amazon search. They have some SD card "wallets" that sell for a couple of bucks or less. You can see through the compartment windows and write on them if you want. I picked up two of them a year ago. They work out pretty good.

Amazon.com: Shensee Memory Card Storage Wallet Case Bag Holder SD Micro 22 Slots Camera: Computers & Accessories

R

Rayray

I'll let you know. I just ordered a V60 card. I'm not even sure it will work with the CGO3+. The U3 card is supposed to be equivalent to a V30.

Works fine. I think this V (for Video) designation is a way to move beyond the outdated 10s, UHS-1 and UHS-3 being stopgap. The Vs have tight ratings, whereas the 10s, even with a UHS-3 marking, can vary.

The important thing, which you know but others may not, is the WRITE speed rating, not the READ rating.
Reputable UHS-3 cards have no problem with 4K.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carbonfiberfabrics