Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Micro SD problem. What Micro SD buy?

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I'm going to refuel a post that talk about the subject in order to get into it. Thx Bob520

So, here is my two cents...the San disk micro sd V30 uhs-3 gold and red card and the Samsung pro + (black and white, now green or blue or something) and Samsung Evo + (orange and white) UHS-3 cards work for the E90. I have found all three cards on sale every once in a while at various retail stores for under $25.

I also know the Samsung Evo cards work well with the E50/E90 (see teaser video in the teaser video post).

San Disk Extreme microSD Card | SanDisk

Samsung micro Sd card page Samsung Memory Cards - Memory Storage | Samsung US

Samsung Pro Plus MicroSDXC PRO Plus Memory Card w/ Adapter 64GB (2017 Model) Memory & Storage - MB-MD64GA/AM | Samsung US

Samsung Evo MicroSDXC EVO Memory Card w/ Adapter 64GB (2017 Model) Memory & Storage - MB-MP64GA/AM | Samsung US

The manual says the following.

SD CARD SELECTION
Yuneec recommend using a SDXC Class 10 UHS-3 micro SD card for recording 4k video. Using the UHS-3
card allows the camera buffer to record to the micro SD card faster resulting in less buffer overrun.

I bought this card.

Samsung EVO Plus 128GB MicroSDXC With SD Adapter

I put it in the camera and the ST16S immediately upon power-up tells me that there is no Micro SD. He doesn't recognize her. I check it on the computer and it works perfectly. Since I don't know which file system the camera needs and being formatted to exFat32 I do a NTFS formatting and Fat32. In both cases it works correctly on the computer and when I put it in the camera it still doesn't work.
Since it doesn't recognize the card, it doesn't give me the option to format it from ST16S itself.

The maximum size allowed by the E90 is 64GB? Any incompatibility with this particular card? Anybody got any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm guessing 64MB is the max size useable. Actually 32MB will hold a lot of 4K video.

Being the product so new, I'm surprised it doesn't support 128GB. It could be... If anyone can confirm that...... @Bod520 i need you please :confused:

If we record at 4K and 60fps are 100Mbps or 12.5MBps. 1 minute is 750 MB........ A 64GB SD card has a maximum of 59GB available? We can store a maximum of 78 minutes, which is a very respectable amount.

I saw the 128GB card at a good price and couldn't resist, I'm afraid I screwed up :(

Hello Arruntus,
I use the Delkin Devices 64GB microSDXC memory card UHS-I / UHS-II 1900 x
It works perfectly in the E90.
71SCSFkpzEL._SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: arruntus
It’s also faster than an SDXC Class 10 U3 so less buffering takes place. They are bot cheap but as we step up in data rates we have to step up other equipment as well.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just tried a new Samsung EVO 64GB U3. Just popped it in and all worked perfectly in the E90. Keep forgetting to retract the landing gear, not accustomed to that cool feature.

Just tried a new Samsung EVO 64GB U3. Just popped it in and all worked perfectly in the E90. Keep forgetting to retract the landing gear, not accustomed to that cool feature.

Then it's almost certainly limited to a maximum of 64GB. Mine is 128GB and not even creating a 64GB volume works. And it's the same as yours but bigger.

Let's see if they answer from Yuneec tomorrow and I'll confirm it.

ArltTech, I too on the Inspire when he goes on a mission, the train does not always retract automatically, I am obliged to do it in manual.

I'm told from Yuneec Europe to send the camera for inspection. That means the card should work.

After many tests the card works without any problems. I put it in the ST16S and it recognizes it and automatically formats it. Once checked that it works in the ST16S I try to put it in the E90 and there is no way.

The card works without any problem with plenty of speed to meet the 100Mbps. The image results are MBps of when I create the 64GB volume.

SD card performance.png

I just finished running a 200Gb and 256 Gb sd card test. Both worked from factory packaging to camera. You don't happen to be using a macintrash (yep I know this will cause a discussion in itself) computer? Apple has hidden system folders on the micro SD card. Discovered during a recent test of SD cards. This hidden folders cause the card to error out during booting in the camera.

I just finished running a 200Gb and 256 Gb sd card test. Both worked from factory packaging to camera. You don't happen to be using a macintrash (yep I know this will cause a discussion in itself) computer? Apple has hidden system folders on the micro SD card. Discovered during a recent test of SD cards. This hidden folders cause the card to error out during booting in the camera.

I only use Windows. I don't have a Mac.

The first thing I did from factory packaging to camera and it didn't work. I checked and it was formatted to exFat32. Since it's not the first time it's happened to me with large cards over 32GB, I formatted it to Fat32. It wasn't working. I checked the partitions and had a hidden partition of 16MB (a small space for security reasons), deleted it and reformatted Fat32. It wasn't working. I formatted it to NTFS and neither. Every test I did, after seeing that it didn't work, I tried it on the computer and without any problems.

Try also to format it to 64GB in case it was an oversized problem. That's when I tested the speed of the card and all the values were correct, the capture I put in the previous post. I bought it here and not in Chinese, we already know what happens with SD cards that come from there, many fake ones.

To prove, to the desperate one, I put it in the ST16S and recognized it but gave me a mistake and asked me to format it. I did and it works correctly and with all the capacity in the ST16S. The transmitter formats it with the Fat32 file system. I tried it again on the E90 and the same thing, he doesn't recognize it.

ArltTech confirms that with the same card, but the 64GB card works without problems. You confirm that it supports cards up to 256GB and no problem. Then it's clear that I was unlucky and got an E90 with a defect. I'll send it to the dealer for another new E90 :oops:

I only use Windows. I don't have a Mac.

The first thing I did from factory packaging to camera and it didn't work. I checked and it was formatted to exFat32. Since it's not the first time it's happened to me with large cards over 32GB, I formatted it to Fat32. It wasn't working. I checked the partitions and had a hidden partition of 16MB (a small space for security reasons), deleted it and reformatted Fat32. It wasn't working. I formatted it to NTFS and neither. Every test I did, after seeing that it didn't work, I tried it on the computer and without any problems.

Try also to format it to 64GB in case it was an oversized problem. That's when I tested the speed of the card and all the values were correct, the capture I put in the previous post. I bought it here and not in Chinese, we already know what happens with SD cards that come from there, many fake ones.

To prove, to the desperate one, I put it in the ST16S and recognized it but gave me a mistake and asked me to format it. I did and it works correctly and with all the capacity in the ST16S. The transmitter formats it with the Fat32 file system. I tried it again on the E90 and the same thing, he doesn't recognize it.

ArltTech confirms that with the same card, but the 64GB card works without problems. You confirm that it supports cards up to 256GB and no problem. Then it's clear that I was unlucky and got an E90 with a defect. I'll send it to the dealer for another new E90 :oops:
Try exfat with a 128 kb unit size

Windows file explorer, right click on card, format. Using Windows 10 pro.

I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop and it has also allowed me to format it to exFat32 at 128kb.

The result is the same, there is no SD card.

I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop and it has also allowed me to format it to exFat32 at 128kb.

The result is the same, there is no SD card.
Can you format with out the exfat32 and just exfat option?
b9eb0323a2a201e3f0b86eed7be63259.jpg

I sent the E90 and SD card to the dealer who had sold me the camera so that he could test it with other new cameras. After a **** with the shipping company that had lost the shipment (do not hire insurance for shipping.......) and therefore the E90 finally appeared and delivered it 7 days later, when it should have been delivered in 2 days.

The provider has tested the card in question with two different new cameras and it doesn't work with what we deduce that that particular model doesn't work with the E90. It works with the ST16S so it is that SD card reader that is integrated in the E90 which has a fault but as they are the same in all E90........................

I don't recommend buying the following SD card to make it work at least with the E90 (I don't have the E50 to test):

Samsung EVO Plus 128GB MicroSDXC With SD Adapter

@Bob520 Can you put the brands and models of the cards you have tested without any problems? Preferably 128GB or more.

I extend the request to those of you who have successfully tested the card.

Thank you

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me