Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Communication breakdown. ( UPDATE )

Reaction score
BOUGHT IT USED Ok so im have trouble with the aircraft not responding to my st16..I tried a couple different remotes on the H 920 and then tried them on my H pro. The H pro works perfectly fine with all the remotes and the H 920 still does nothing but... it will go up and engage the motors on and off and that is it. Do you think something came loose or am I looking to spend some money for repairs ? Im sure i can do the work myself you .. you know me i have to at least try lol oh yeah the camera responds. Any help would be appreciated

I got it going i forgot about the accelerometer after calibrateing it thanks for the help it greatly appreciated

Last edited:
I do not have an H520. So I read a couple sections of the manuals available on the Yuneec Website. Neither of those I read even mentioned the ST16. However, the discussions related to ST24 and ST12, team mode, etc, indicate a division of controls when in team mode. That, to me suggests you may be in some version of team mode not defined by the manuals I have available, and that your H920 is for some reason allowing motor start from your ST16, but not flight control.
I would recommend you review any guidance you have available that discusses use of ST16 in relation to H920, and see if you can rebind with the ST16 as the sole controller.

I do not have an H520. So I read a couple sections of the manuals available on the Yuneec Website. Neither of those I read even mentioned the ST16. However, the discussions related to ST24 and ST12, team mode, etc, indicate a division of controls when in team mode. That, to me suggests you may be in some version of team mode not defined by the manuals I have available, and that your H920 is for some reason allowing motor start from your ST16, but not flight control.
I would recommend you review any guidance you have available that discusses use of ST16 in relation to H920, and see if you can rebind with the ST16 as the sole controller.
I tried rebinding tried that remote on my H pro and it works fine. I tried two other st16s on the H920 and still no luck

I doubt ST16S will work on H920. It was for the Plus and H520, which had different firmware. Please clarify exactly which controllers you actually have.

I doubt ST16S will work on H920. It was for the Plus and H520, which had different firmware. Please clarify exactly which controllers you actually have.
It's the ST16 the H920 updated the 16s to work with the H920 its supposed to be better then the St24 i was told by a few different H920 pilots

It's the ST16 the H920 updated the 16s to work with the H920 its supposed to be better then the St24 i was told by a few different H920 pilots
If you look on the model select the H920 system is on there and camera choice is the cgo4

You mentioned "16S" again. Please look at the battery compartment on the back. If it has a battery door with a battery inside, it is an ST16. If it has a larger battery that forms it's own door, it is an ST16S. Both say ST16 on the front. (Thank you, Yuneec)

Again, I don't know much about H920, so I'm probably going to bow out of this before I cause confusion. But I did a search for "ST16S H920". Most hits I found were discussing two ST16 controllers, and the "S" was just added to pluralize the ST16. I did find one discussion from about a year ago that Yuneec was considering updating the H920 with PX4 programing so it could be used with an actual ST16S. If that is true, there is a possibility you have one of the rarest birds ever to fly. (Or to sit on the grass, if you cant find a workable match-up.)

I’m thinking a factory reset of the ST -16 controller may be in order. I’m thinking the base default model of the 920+ may have gotten deleted and a copy of the H480 was loaded and renamed to the 920+.

I’m thinking a factory reset of the ST -16 controller may be in order. I’m thinking the base default model of the 920+ may have gotten deleted and a copy of the H480 was loaded and renamed to the 920+.
I got it going i forgot about the accelerometer after calibrateing it

This post illustrates the need for new pilots, or pilots new to Yuneec or any drone for that matter, to fully educate yourself with your copter system by READING AND UNDERSTANDING the supplied manuals cover to cover AND researching all the excellent information and user created manuals on this forum about your aircraft and its systems BEFORE YOU FLY!.

We see pilots who aren't sure of what controller they are using, what batteries they need and how to charge them, what steps to follow before first launch, etc, etc.
Its very tempting to get your new copter in the air as quickly as possible, but failure to follow a checklist is a very quick way to end up with your copter in the ground in "kit form" and possibly injuring yourself or others.. Make 3 checklists: Pre-launch, Launch and Post-launch, and follow them every time you want to fly. There are resources here and online to build your checklists with - use the search function!

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Learning curves.look on the bright side it didn't let you take off. You could have had a real bad day

Reactions: Chevyfreke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval