Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Compass Warning! Whats going on?

I believe the FW may have tripped an issue with the hardware, or cause a failure. Pure speculation, but it’s where I am with it.
Sorry to here you never got yours back. I received mine back and It wasn't fixed. They said they couldn't see a issue. Thats funny because I have a video with it doing the dance the second day back. I corrected it by shutting off gps. It happens every 3 flights now. Im ordering a new compass gps board and doing it myself. I have the repair skills needed, Im just disappointed with the excuses. Call it what it is and move on. What i starting to see is they all suck at customer service. I can do it myself and pay 40 bucks, or send it back to them for a month or so..with the HOPE they fix it..

Reactions: Gunit
I’m not in the habit of throwing more money at a manufacturers defect. Apparently Yuneec agrees with me and is accepting responsibility for the issue. It’s the time it’s taking and the two different stories from CS and Staples that I’m not happy about. Still no change as of today and no response or communication from either party.

I might be inclined to do so just to avoid the headache, if there is a better GPS module to be had that fits/compatible. Was going to fly yesterday , but was too windy. I did power it up outside and let it idle and got no errors.The wind might not be a problem with some exp but not yet for me....lol

Reactions: RaeThrills
I might be inclined to do so just to avoid the headache, if there is a better GPS module to be had that fits/compatible. Was going to fly yesterday , but was too windy. I did power it up outside and let it idle and got no errors.The wind might not be a problem with some exp but not yet for me....lol
I remember it was standard to get hop-ups for your rc. It always made it perform better. The new stuff isn't immune. I have always had to adjust my rc to my liking, no one ran stock settings, those were not always the best. Some guys get the more expensive birds and will accept those stock settings, well I can tell you the rate curve for stock on the H sucks, I like to gradually increase at low stick. ie of my liking and not stock.

Good to hear that you're being patient flying in windy conditions,
Use this to help when to fly or not, input your data for your area.
UAV Forecast

Reactions: rdonson
Email sent to Staples local store manager today-

"Hello,

I had dropped off my drone to be sent to your repair depot in Mississauga last month. I have received info telling me it had arrived there on November 20th. Since then I have received no info regarding the state of repair or when it would be expected to be repaired. I have contacted Yuneec customer service and they gave a me a phone number for your repair depot stating the issue may be the complexity of repairs ahead of mine, and they normally expect a 7-10 day turn around. I have spoke with someone at your repair depot and was told they are waiting on parts. I had asked to be emailed with any changes or info regarding my repair, and that person took my email. I have also emailed Yuneec customer service again and asked if the 7-10 day turn around was the norm, why are the parts not already shipped? As of today I have not received email from anyone on either side and it's been well over a month with no movement. Things went very smoothly for me at your store here in town in regards to getting it sent up, and I was very happy with that service. So I'm wondering if you can find out what the actual hold up is, as this seems to be taking a very long time and my warranty is ticking away without me using my drone.

Thanks in advance,"

The response email-

"Hi

I am sorry that your repair is taking so long. I have sent an email to our repair centre and asked them to check with the company that is doing the repair. I asked that they

email you with an update as to the expected time you will get your drone back. If you don't get any reply please let me know and I will try to escalate it."

Still I wait

"Hello,

I had dropped off my drone to be sent to your repair depot in Mississauga last month. I have received info telling me it had arrived there on November 20th. Since then I have received no info regarding the state of repair or when it would be expected to be repaired. I have contacted Yuneec customer service and they gave a me a phone number for your repair depot stating the issue may be the complexity of repairs ahead of mine, and they normally expect a 7-10 day turn around. I have spoke with someone at your repair depot and was told they are waiting on parts. I had asked to be emailed with any changes or info regarding my repair, and that person took my email. I have also emailed Yuneec customer service again and asked if the 7-10 day turn around was the norm, why are the parts not already shipped? As of today I have not received email from anyone on either side and it's been well over a month with no movement. Things went very smoothly for me at your store here in town in regards to getting it sent up, and I was very happy with that service. So I'm wondering if you can find out what the actual hold up is, as this seems to be taking a very long time and my warranty is ticking away without me using my drone.

Thanks in advance,"

The response email-

"Hi

I am sorry that your repair is taking so long. I have sent an email to our repair centre and asked them to check with the company that is doing the repair. I asked that they

email you with an update as to the expected time you will get your drone back. If you don't get any reply please let me know and I will try to escalate it."

Still I wait
Sorry again, I just went ahead and ordered a compass from vertigo drones, I wasn't going to send it back when its a simple fix. I ordered the part on the 20th and it will be here saturday. I will let you know if the new compass holds it position.

Reactions: Niblett

"Hello,

Thanks in advance,"

The response email-

"Hi

Still I wait
Any news yet?

Nothing new, I've emailed the nice lady at Staples here locally again and told her I've not received any email from either party, including Yuneec CS. I expect I will her from her soon as she has been the most help in this. She said she would "escalate" things if I got no response. Will post here when I hear more. What really sucks is the weather, although a bit cold, has been perfect here this past week for flying. I sold both Q500's I had so there's nothing in the garage to fly right now.

Brenda from Staples:

"Hi

I did received your email but I am not having any luck getting an answer for you. My tech was of for a couple of days and I was of yesterday and just getting to work for one today. I will work with him this afternoon and try to get you some information. I am working until 9 and I will get back to you today."

I then called Yuneec CS again and explained my displeasure with the situation, warranty running out,been there a month, etc...and asked if we could cut the losses and them send me a new H. He said he would note that for his upper management on the file and escalated the status. Not sure what attention "Escalated" gets, but I'm about to find out.

I have yet to receive that email from Brenda tonight so far.

Nibbs

Got this just now-

Brenda at local Staples:

"Hi

I sent another email but I still have not received a reply. I will phone on Tuesday. ( I am off on Monday.)"

Nice....
Stay tuned...

Took it out again today, ran 2 batteries worth without a hitch...totally flawless. I even took it out over water and landed in moderate winds.

So i would guess the GPS and compass issues were real world and not a component.

Reactions: Dr Delta
Took it out again today, ran 2 batteries worth without a hitch...totally flawless. I even took it out over water and landed in moderate winds.

So i would guess the GPS and compass issues were real world and not a component.
Yuneec CS looked at my telemetry and determined it to be a failed GPS/Compass.

Reactions: Dr Delta
Mine was messing up so i got a new GPS put it in first two battery's no problem, went out next day and BAM , COMPASS WARNING, plus my controls seemed very spongy, something is going on!

*update*

A few days ago I got an email from Brenda with the email for the supervisor at Staples Depot. So I emailed him after I spoke to Yuneec CS again by phone.

“Hello,

I was wondering if you have any timeline or info on the parts required to fix my yuneec drone. It arrived at your depot on Nov 20th 2017. I have asked Yuneec CS why the parts have not been shipped after the RMA being issued on the 13th of Nov 2017, as they have stated an expected turn around of 7-10 days. This does not seem to be effective way to achieve a 7-10 day turn around on repair. I am now coming up on 2 months without my drone, my warranty just lost 2 months off the initial year without it even being used, and my confidence in this has been lost. I have contacted Yuneec CS regarding this issue and have asked that it be replaced instead of being repaired. I have not heard back from them but if that can happen it's the route I'd prefer to take at this point. I'm checking in with you to see if there is any other info you can give me regarding whats going on with this repair. I have been posting the progress of this repair case on a drone forum with the hopes of showing how quickly issues with Yuneec drones can be resolved. I had hoped to close that thread with the return of my drone long ago. Now I have people asking me if there has been any change, and it looks pretty bad to anyone reading it. Again, I'm asking for a replacement at this point but would accept any info you can provide me with in the meantime.

Thanks”

Supervisor at Staples:

“Thanks for contacting me, I checked with Yuneec and the parts is shipped and it is schedule to be delivered to us on January 16, 2018. Once it is here I’ll make sure the Technician is working on it right away to have it back to you as soon as possible.

Unfortunately the delay is not from Staples as we are in contact with Yuneec almost daily for late delivery parts, and I totally understand your situation.

As for replacing the unit, this is something can be discussed with Yuneec as it is up to them to do it or not.

Again we will make sure your Drone will be done fast and shipped back to the nearest store to you.

Thanks”

I had also been in contact with Yuneec CS again by phone voicing my concerns and asking why I had not been contacted regarding my request to now have the drone replaced (all they did that I know of is change my status to “escalated”).

I replied to that email with:

“Thank you for the reply,

If you do not get word of full replacement and the repair goes ahead as per normal, could you please provide me with an email when the repair is in progress. If the unit has been fixed and still no notification of replacement, can you please provide me with a tracking number when it is sent back to the local Staples store here.

Thanks for your help”

I have not received a phone call or email from either parties since.
My status remains at “escalated”.

No contact, no change on the portal last I time I was logged on. Seems they have shut down users having access to that all together as I can’t log in anymore. Let’s what the week brings I guess. Over 2 months now in their hands with no sign of repair. Fun fun fun

The day has finally arrived! I have my drone back! I will be testing it as soon as I can weather permitting.
I'm sure some will be glad this part of the thread is over. Let it serve as an example for those that have not had issue, what might be in store. I'm not hating on Yuneec, or Staples, but my god that was a long time. November 13 2017 it left my hands and returned today on January 23 2018.

I will post my findings on how well the repaired unit fairs as soon as I can.

The day has finally arrived! I have my drone back! I will be testing it as soon as I can weather permitting.
I'm sure some will be glad this part of the thread is over. Let it serve as an example for those that have not had issue, what might be in store. I'm not hating on Yuneec, or Staples, but my god that was a long time. November 13 2017 it left my hands and returned today on January 23 2018.

I will post my findings on how well the repaired unit fairs as soon as I can.
Good for you. I'm glad you got it back...eventually. Let's hope that its been fixed properly.

Reactions: Niblett
If this had been in the summer, with whales and icebergs around, I'd have been loosing my mind at CS. Hoping for a good day soon to test it out.
Glad to hear it's finally back home. Remember, on that first flight, let it sit outside with the motors off for 12.5 min to let the GPS finish updating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss