Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Crashed or forgot to stop recording? Recover & Fix your corrupted / interrupted Footage!

When you lose FPV the video stops on the card. this has always happened. When connection is reestablished, the timer is stopped, you press video and it starts recording a new file.

Thanks for the clarification, @Mrgs1 .

I just performed a test using one of my H480s. Sat it on a table, the camera pointed at my phone which was showing its stopwatch app (running, of course). Pressed the record button on the St16. Waited a few seconds, then powered off the ST16.

After the St16 was powered back on and connection restored to the H480 and CGO3+, the stopwatch was crossing the 57 second mark. What I did NOT do was restart the recording; pressing the record stop/start stopped the recording in progress. In other words, the camera kept recording even thought the ST16 was off.

When I reviewed the footage saved to the camera SD card, it did not skip a beat. The full minute plus was recorded, as witnessed by the video of the stopwatch.

Summary:
  • The camera continued recording to its SD card despite connection loss to the St16
  • (Assume) The video on the ST16 did NOT continue. I did not check it, but... do I really need to? :p
This leaves us to wonder: why does the video stop for @Mrgs1'a camera?

Jeff

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification, @Mrgs1 .

I just performed a test using one of my H480s. Sat it on a table, the camera pointed at my phone which was showing its stopwatch app (running, of course). Pressed the record button on the St16. Waited a few seconds, then powered off the ST16.

After the St16 was powered back on and connection restored to the H480 and CGO3+, the stopwatch was crossing the 57 second mark. What I did NOT do was restart the recording; pressing the record stop/start stopped the recording in progress. In other words, the camera kept recording even thought the ST16 was off.

When I reviewed the footage saved to the camera SD card, it did not skip a beat. The full minute plus was recorded, as witnessed by the video of the stopwatch.

Summary:
  • The camera continued recording to its SD card despite connection loss to the St16
  • (Assume) The video on the ST16 did NOT continue. I did not check it, but... do I really need to? :p
This leaves us to wonder: why does the video stop for @Mrgs1'a camera?

Jeff
The only thing I can think of is the EU Firmware, and one of the properties of Digital frequency selection?

What a waist of popcorn.;) and I stayed up late for the late night movie that didn't happen.?

When you lose FPV the video stops on the card. this has always happened. When connection is reestablished, the timer is stopped, you press video and it starts recording a new file.

Lose fpv quite often, but never experienced what you're talking about.

The only thing I can think of is the EU Firmware, and one of the properties of Digital frequency selection?

With EU firmware I never saw this behaviour. ST16 and camera communicate by CGI commands. If communication is lost, also the STOP command is blocked thus recording goes on forever. But on the other hand the information about recording time will not received, not update of time anymore and it looks like stopped on the ST16.

If you have this problem still then I guess it is a defect camera firmware. I would try to update it again with firmware on a blank SD card in the cam (Camera: v3.2.34 ).

br HE

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
With EU firmware I never saw this behaviour. ST16 and camera communicate by CGI commands. If communication is lost, also the STOP command is blocked thus recording goes on forever. But on the other hand the information about recording time will not received, not update of time anymore and it looks like stopped on the ST16.

If you have this problem still then I guess it is a defect camera firmware. I would try to update it again with firmware on a blank SD card in the cam (Camera: v3.2.34 ).

br HE
I don't think so, it's on all my typhoons, if it was one maybe, but not four! I use 4hawks now so rarely lose FPV.. I was aware of it on early firmware.

Last edited:
Tested with 3.2.34(E), record on SD card is continuously during WiFi dropouts.

Record time is restored after WiFi reconnect: "record_time":"292"

Attachments

• AppLog2019-04-10.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 3
Does the 4hawks help reduce latency?
In my experience with the 4hawks flat panel aftermarket antenna the lag is reduced. Since the video is wifi I think it is similar to loading a computer page with a poor signal vs. a good signal. The better quality the signal the faster it loads. Since wifi information is sent in digital packets, each packet has to be verified as complete. Every incomplete packet has to be resent. Increasing time When the signal is poor, many more packets have to be resent which slows down the picture you see on your screen, so yes it does improve lt.

Reactions: 5prock3t
Tested with 3.2.34(E), record on SD card is continuously during WiFi dropouts.

Record time is restored after WiFi reconnect: "record_time":"292"
I'll double check hopefully tomorrow with a couple.

Hi, I found the list of data recovery program which can able to recover or fix corrupted MP4 files, interrupted footage :

1. Easeus Wizard
2. Stellar Photo Recovery
3. Minitool Photo Recovery
4. GetData Photo Recovery
5. oo media recovery software

I hope these software also helpful. Thanks!

Hi, I found the list of data recovery program which can able to recover or fix corrupted, interrupted footage :
Good list for recovery.
It's always the video that is unreadable when the aircraft is powered down with a recording is still active. Simply putting the card back in the camera and recording another short video generally closes the file so it becomes usable. If that doesn't work, there are other problems which may make the file unrecoverable.

Good list for recovery.
It's always the video that is unreadable when the aircraft is powered down with a recording is still active. Simply putting the card back in the camera and recording another short video generally closes the file so it becomes usable. If that doesn't work, there are other problems which may make the file unrecoverable.

Any suggestions as to the occurrence when the video WAS stopped before power off, but the directory is deemed to be unreadable?

So far, multiple hours of Windows 10 Pro trying to "fix" as well as chkdsk, are been fruitless.

Jeff

I would suspect a glitch in the sd card. Even if you can get the file fixed by adding the correct headers, the video may not be usable.

I would suspect a glitch in the sd card. Even if you can get the file fixed by adding the correct headers, the video may not be usable.

So far, the Lexar recovery utility was able to find files, but only jpg and mp4. None were of the correct format though. No DNG tho many “were” on the card.

One of the utilities listed above [Edit: Stellar Photo Recovery] does find the dng so maybe some hope still. But, have to spend about $60 to find out. Contemplating... need more research on the vendor, I guess.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone