Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Delivery Date and Pre-orders?

Reaction score
Im in the UK so things may be different in the USA. I Pre-ordered my 'H' in early April direct from Yuneec UK. I had a Phone Call from the Yuneec UK Head Office about mid April informing me of a shipping delay until early May. The Yuneec UK Website now shows a 'Product Available Date' of 4th of May 2016, also saying 'Product will ship start of May'. While the Yuneec guy was on the phone, I asked how many Pre-orders they had, he hesitated (like he did not want to tell me) and then said '20'..........I nearly fell over, I was expecting something like 200, or 500 or something impressive, reflecting the amount of 'HYPE' surrounding the 'H'. 20 Pre-orders, that's a Joke. One more delay and I think that number will be reduced to 19. Im really looking forward to being one of the first 'Guinea Pigs' with the 'H'. I just hope that the unit performs as good as it looks........

Im in the UK so things may be different in the USA. I Pre-ordered my 'H' in early April direct from Yuneec UK. I had a Phone Call from the Yuneec UK Head Office about mid April informing me of a shipping delay until early May. The Yuneec UK Website now shows a 'Product Available Date' of 4th of May 2016, also saying 'Product will ship start of May'. While the Yuneec guy was on the phone, I asked how many Pre-orders they had, he hesitated (like he did not want to tell me) and then said '20'..........I nearly fell over, I was expecting something like 200, or 500 or something impressive, reflecting the amount of 'HYPE' surrounding the 'H'. 20 Pre-orders, that's a Joke. One more delay and I think that number will be reduced to 19. Im really looking forward to being one of the first 'Guinea Pigs' with the 'H'. I just hope that the unit performs as good as it looks........
I went to the North London office and they said the same to me first week in May. Although I got the idea that the delay was as unexplainable to them as it is to us. Of the very very tiny involvement I had with Chinese bureaucracy in China I would not be able to hazard even a wild guess as to why the delay. Unless I had spoken to the recognised Boss in Yuneec IMHO I would not place to much belief about the pre order numbers. Not I think easily given out over the phone with no reliance as to who they were speaking to. To me it is the DJI Inspire at under half the price and it records sound. For me that is an outright winner.

Yes, I guess 20 Pre-orders is a bit unrealistic. They did give me a detailed reason for the Delay - It seems that the 'Wizard' remote was not working correctly with the 'H' and all of the hand held units needed to be 'Re-Flashed' which caused a 2 week delay in shipping. The 'Wizard' is a 'Freebe' included with the first delivery of Typhoon H copters in the UK. Seems a bit odd that you did not get the same story.

Last word here in USA is shipping to USA ending first week in May, But they change so much, seeing will be believing!

We were told delays due to over abundance of preorders and tooling of parts delays and firmware and on and on. Who fricken knows for sure, If they had to many orders to keep up with, they could have at least sent out the first wave on time and back ordered the remaining !

Yes, I guess 20 Pre-orders is a bit unrealistic. They did give me a detailed reason for the Delay - It seems that the 'Wizard' remote was not working correctly with the 'H' and all of the hand held units needed to be 'Re-Flashed' which caused a 2 week delay in shipping. The 'Wizard' is a 'Freebe' included with the first delivery of Typhoon H copters in the UK. Seems a bit odd that you did not get the same story.

Once again only guessing but why would they hold up the H delivery to supply a Wizard? At the time of posting in the US anyway it seems they could sell all they could make regardless of the wizard. When I ordered mine on the 18th March there was nothing on the website that indicated a Free Wizard. In fact a few days later I went to Yuneec and purchased a Wizard so I could familiarise myself with it.When I received a notification a couple of weeks later that they were giving away a Wizard with every H I went to Yuneec again. I then received a refund on the one I had bought with no problem. They did say at the time that the Wizard coming with the H would have all the software to work with the Real Sense module and all the new features of the H. I am not interested in the real sense module but there is no harm in having the up to date version of the Wizard. I did not at any of my visits press them about delivery dates. These launches always stretch out a bit some more than others. Like you I hope if performs like the adverts say.

Andy did you get a phone call or did you phone them? I'm also one of the twenty that's pre ordered from yuneec uk . I've heard nothing . Diddly squat! Think its time I gave them another call

Just phoned and spoke to a lovely lady who could not apologize enough for all of the delays. She gave the reason as an update or flash to the wizard just like others have said.
She gave me a solid date of the 4th of may and I should receive it on Friday the 6th.
The extra battery and hard shell case i paid for will be the following week for some reason.
I really hope they are not yanking my chain. She also said she didnt know how many number of pre orders they have had.....

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just phoned and spoke to a lovely lady who could not apologize enough for all of the delays. She gave the reason as an update or flash to the wizard just like others have said.
She gave me a solid date of the 4th of may and I should receive it on Friday the 6th.
The extra battery and hard shell case i paid for will be the following week for some reason.
I really hope they are not yanking my chain. She also said she didnt know how many number of pre orders they have had.....
Clive, is that US or somewhere else? so was it a dealer you spoke to or Yuneec?

The wizard is not needed to fly the Typhoon H --- So, send out the drones and send out the Wizard once it is "fixed" -- I never expected the Wizard, was going to purchase one later once I played with the TH. But, if that was the hold up...don't delay the launch with an accessory. Also, yeah, maybe 20 sold from Yuneec UK. I saw the authorized dealers selling it first and often go to them for the better "deal" and delivery then straight to the manufacturer. In the USA, the manufacturer is nearly always more expensive then their dealers since they won't under cut them. Direct purchase was pretty far down on my list--- Now, wonder how many pre-orders Carolina, Ingenious, Amazon, Hobby, etc sold? "Joe consumer" might just wait for it to be available and purchase it then. We're drone enthusiast… And apparently very early owners of the H.

Once again only guessing but why would they hold up the H delivery to supply a Wizard? At the time of posting in the US anyway it seems they could sell all they could make regardless of the wizard. When I ordered mine on the 18th March there was nothing on the website that indicated a Free Wizard. In fact a few days later I went to Yuneec and purchased a Wizard so I could familiarise myself with it.When I received a notification a couple of weeks later that they were giving away a Wizard with every H I went to Yuneec again. I then received a refund on the one I had bought with no problem. They did say at the time that the Wizard coming with the H would have all the software to work with the Real Sense module and all the new features of the H. I am not interested in the real sense module but there is no harm in having the up to date version of the Wizard. I did not at any of my visits press them about delivery dates. These launches always stretch out a bit some more than others. Like you I hope if performs like the adverts say.
Because the wizard excuse is a new delay tactic,next week camera gimbal guard shortage?LOL.

Reactions: DroneClone
The wizard is not needed to fly the Typhoon H --- So, send out the drones and send out the Wizard once it is "fixed" -- I never expected the Wizard, was going to purchase one later once I played with the TH. But, if that was the hold up...don't delay the launch with an accessory. Also, yeah, maybe 20 sold from Yuneec UK. I saw the authorized dealers selling it first and often go to them for the better "deal" and delivery then straight to the manufacturer. In the USA, the manufacturer is nearly always more expensive then their dealers since they won't under cut them. Direct purchase was pretty far down on my list--- Now, wonder how many pre-orders Carolina, Ingenious, Amazon, Hobby, etc sold? "Joe consumer" might just wait for it to be available and purchase it then. We're drone enthusiast… And apparently very early owners of the H.
FYI - When I placed my order with ACES on March 19th Peter said they were the largest Yunnec seller in the U.S. and that they had been allotted 250 units and that they had sold 190 as of the day before.

O
FYI - When I placed my order with ACES on March 19th Peter said they were the largest Yunnec seller in the U.S. and that they had been allotted 250 units and that they had sold 190 as of the day before.
Our shop has 2 pre orders as of last Saturday.

Probably fair to say: Americans are obsessed with drones!!!!! :) I went out yesterday with my Phantom (nice day to fly) and within about 5-10 minutes--- 2 other Phantoms appeared in the sky. I was at a field and no other pilots in sight. They probably heard my drone and decided to launch their's…. They seemed to be multiplying before my eyes. Someone passed and asked if I was controller all three (again… No other controllers were in immediate sight --- I did eventually spot someone piloting one from the deck in their back yard). Pretty funny.

Last edited:
Probably fair to say: Americans are obsessed with drones!!!!! :) I went on yesterday with my Phantom (nice day to fly) and within about 5-10 minutes--- 2 other Phantoms appeared in the sky. I was at a field and no other pilots in sight. They probably heard my drone and decided to launch their…. They seemed to be multiplying before my eyes. Someone passed and asked if I was controller all three (again… No other controllers were in immediate sight (I eventually spotted one flying from the deck in the back yard).
The $800 price tag on Amazon for the P3P has me tempted. I don't like the idea that the app can update and then I need to update my copter before I fly (correct me if I'm misunderstanding this). So DJI could cave on some political issue and change the way I fly on my private farm. With the Q500 I don't ever have to update the firmware and can continue to fly as is (again please correct me if I am wrong, since I don't yet own a DJI).

Stay far away from the P3P the horror of firmware upgrade, cracked shells, bad usb board..was enough to get rid of mine. I do have a p3 standard that is like a rock.. thats the bird to get in my opinion. i dumped dji to be welcomed into the typhoon h fiasco..lol

O

Our shop has 2 pre orders as of last Saturday.
My dealer won't tell me how many, nor what que in am ! Just tells me I ordered on 3/15/16 and thus I should be in the first shipment. **** what is it some CIA secret to tell me you are que number 16 and we are due for 25, so you will definitely get it first lot

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval