Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Does the Typhoon H backpack fit as a carry-on for flights?

Reaction score
Hi All:

I'm planning to take my Typhoon H on an upcoming trip and was curious if anyone knew if the H's backpack would fit as a carry-on either in the overhead bins or in the space under seats for a small regional jet. Two legs of my trip are being done on regional jets and the third leg is between two major airports, so I don't imagine there will be an issue with that flight.

If the backpack doesn't fit, what are some recommendations for traveling with it? I was considering trying to find a hard case for it, but I doubt it would get here in enough time before my trip.

Thanks for any assistance!

I have checked with the one I'm flying with (Delta) and it seems like the pack will barely meet the requirements. They're also a bit vague because they don't specify bag dimensions or bin dimensions for different planes. I posted this more to see if anyone has traveled with the H backpack to get feedback on their experience.

I am (very sure) that all airline companies have exact info about carry on luggage measurements as well as a "Cage" where you can test if your H bag fits the requirements. Read on Delta website:
Delta Airlines (DL) allows 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free. Carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions: 45 linear inches (22 x 14 x 9 in) or 115 centimeters (56 x 36 x 23 cm) including handles and wheels.

I have checked with the one I'm flying with (Delta) and it seems like the pack will barely meet the requirements. They're also a bit vague because they don't specify bag dimensions or bin dimensions for different planes. I posted this more to see if anyone has traveled with the H backpack to get feedback on their experience.

Thanks for the info, however those were the original dimensions that I had found as well. What I'm unsure of is if they varied by type of plane. I've had experiences before on these smaller regional jets that they still checked bags plane-side that were within those dimensions because the overhead bin space was smaller and couldn't fit the bags. However I cannot be certain if this is guaranteed for all regional flights.

I'm aware of the general restrictions/guidelines for baggage sizes from the airline. Again, was more looking for input from those who may have traveled with their H pack before so that they could speak to their experience.

Thanks for the help.

I just traveled to Costa Rica with mine. I have traveled for almost 30 years with tons of photography and other sensitive and valuable equipment, so I didn't want ANY problems with the drone.

I purchased a hard-sided suitcase on wheels and decided to check the drone (batteries still had to go carry-on per FAA regs). I wanted to head off any problems of trying to take it as a carry-on and then being forced to check it once on the plane. No point trying to argue with flight personnel, you may miss the trip altogether in doing so.

Here's the case I got, used it one time for this specific purpose. Was able to fit a few clothes and other items in as well, along with the Typhoon soft backpack case.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711F4437

Batteries were in my carry-on in Lipo-Safe bags, then all of them in a larger Lipo-Safe container.

I just traveled to Costa Rica with mine. I have traveled for almost 30 years with tons of photography and other sensitive and valuable equipment, so I didn't want ANY problems with the drone.

I purchased a hard-sided suitcase on wheels and decided to check the drone (batteries still had to go carry-on per FAA regs). I wanted to head off any problems of trying to take it as a carry-on and then being forced to check it once on the plane. No point trying to argue with flight personnel, you may miss the trip altogether in doing so.

Here's the case I got, used it one time for this specific purpose. Was able to fit a few clothes and other items in as well, along with the Typhoon soft backpack case.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0711F4437

Batteries were in my carry-on in Lipo-Safe bags, then all of them in a larger Lipo-Safe container.
Thanks for the insight! Did you keep the control station in the pack as well or take it out with the batteries?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval