Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Drift and not landing properly

U/D - Got an email from United Radio. Almost 3 weeks and they just tested it and said nothing's wrong with it. Very frustrating. I replied with what I'm experiencing and the details and they said it'll be 3 more days before it can be addressed again. Ugh! Such a slow process. I almost wish it was out of warranty so I could just use whoever I want and have some pull on when it gets looked at since I'd be the paying customer.

U/D - Got an email from United Radio. Almost 3 weeks and they just tested it and said nothing's wrong with it. Very frustrating. I replied with what I'm experiencing and the details and they said it'll be 3 more days before it can be addressed again. Ugh! Such a slow process. I almost wish it was out of warranty so I could just use whoever I want and have some pull on when it gets looked at since I'd be the paying customer.
Well that sucks. Yuneec saw something in the telemetry that resulted in the RMA. I saw a problem with one of the sticks and the GPS in the telemetry and UR didn't find anything? WTH. The stick is $15 and the GPS module is $40. Both are plug in's. So for $55 you could have fixed it in a couple of hours including coffee breaks. UR has had good reviews so I don't know what to make of this.

Your car makes a funny sound so you take it to a mechanic...where it no longer makes that sound. Happens that way sometimes. GPS night just have been a bad fix due to area conditions and a dirty
pot can fix itself.

I'd take it back and have some parts on hand though. The benefits of modularity are you don't need someone else to do repairs.

3 1/2 weeks and I just got my H back tonight. Test flight in the AM. After telling me there was nothing wrong I mentioned that guys on here had brought up the gps board....they changed that and sent it back. No idea if they found anything wrong with it but I will test it out and let you all know. I'm sure all of this perfect flight weather will end now that I have it back! Again thanks for all the input guys!

Well after having my H back and it never acting "right" I had another issue with it, this time fatal. I had a few instances of a bit of drift, I usually just land, shut the props down and restart and it's fine. Well last time out I had it again I noticed the drift. I brought it back from about 30 feet away and attempted to land. No response, it just hung around at about 20 feet. I tried to bump it down with the start/stop and even that was ignored. After about a minute I figured I'd walk over and when I was within 10 feet of it, it shut down and came down into a parking lot at the speed of gravity.

The camera/gimbal is destroyed. both landing gears are shot and 3 clips on the motor arms are broken off.

It's only 10 months old so I made the call. It took them a week to tell me to go kick rocks. But had the balls to send me an RMA for a non warranty repair. Just goes to show you what a warranty is worth. I replaced the clips and got one of the 2 landing gear motors so far but the gear is only moving about an inch at a time. No idea what to do about the camer/gimbal setup. I'm not going to buy it until I can get the landing gear situated.

Hello. I had the same isssues and have followed all the troubleshooting posted here and it did not fix the issue. My H Pro warranty is up next month so got an RA#.

I was hesitating sending it in because repairs are done in MO now. No more dropping off at the Ontario facility. Techs verified the fault is with the GPS and/or pressures sensor. Now the waiting game starts. I sent it to KAV Sevice 3 weeks ago. Nothing to make you pucker when you can’t land your H.

Attachments

• 53D973C2-AD8E-4815-9350-7C56B999CDA1.jpeg
    53D973C2-AD8E-4815-9350-7C56B999CDA1.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 15
m5,

So they are doing no repairs at Ontario anymore? Oh well... will be good for service business at Vertigo, Terrestrial and Carolina...

m5,
So they are doing no repairs at Ontario anymore? Oh well... will be good for service business at Vertigo, Terrestrial and Carolina...
It sounds like they moved the service to Kansas City and other contract operations around the country. So far it does not appear to have solved any problems. I'm still seeing comments about rude and confrontational calls to them.

This does not bode well for any potential warranty claims with the H+... unless they are having techs in Ontario work only on the H+ and 520...

m5,

Sorry for late reply. No apparently not. I offered to drop off my H for the work since I only live about 100 miles and was told they don’t have a store front anymore. This must have happened during the “lay offs.”

I didn’t even know the service was going to Kavservice until I printed my RA #. The tech I spoke to in Ontario facility never clued me in on the change. It’s almost like he didn’t tell me on purpose to avoid questions or concerns.

Good question. I have not heard anything about the Ontario operation or if it still open.

No warranty repairs are done in Ontario at all. It’s just a call center now with a handful of employees.

Update on my Kavservice warranty. So far there has been no communication from them. I have sent them several emails thru their website. You are able to post messages right on the open invoice/repair ticket. The only response I got looked like a form letter clarifying if they needed me to include the CGO3 camera in the box.

I went in there yesterday and there was an invoice showing with a total of $61.xx. The work completed (?) read "Recovered/Tested ESC Velometer circuit board" There was also a note from the previous day that said it failed a test but, it's no longer showing today. There was a green button with "Approve" so I clicked it. It disappeared now. I wasn't sure if they were waiting for Yuneec to approve the invoice or if I was supposed to do it. Again, no instructions or communication on this. I send a message asking if I did the correct thing or to please just update me in English but no response. I'm pretty sure this is the actual brain/main circuit board of the H right? So far I'm not feeling confident about this place! Yuneec, Ontario was a little more responsive to updates I requested last year. I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone can interpret what my invoice said please do. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure this is the actual brain/main circuit board
The six ESC's for the motors are located on the Main board. However, those are unrelated to the GPS or barometer. The GPS/compass is the module in the top shell and the barometer I believe is located on the Flight Controller.

The six ESC's for the motors are located on the Main board. However, those are unrelated to the GPS or barometer. The GPS/compass is the module in the top shell and the barometer I believe is located on the Flight Controller.

Got it thanks! So to me they are still in the testing phase. Man, I'm missing out on so many cool events in my town. I went to a surfing contest the other day and I was like the only kid in the sandbox without a toy! So many "tiny white" drones capturing images....my H would have totally dwarfed them all! Not one H was flying out there. Looks like I'll have to invest in the 2nd back up H soon. Don't worry, I will never consider a DJI...not yet. :D

Got it thanks! So to me they are still in the testing phase. Man, I'm missing out on so many cool events in my town. I went to a surfing contest the other day and I was like the only kid in the sandbox without a toy! So many "tiny white" drones capturing images....my H would have totally dwarfed them all! Not one H was flying out there. Looks like I'll have to invest in the 2nd back up H soon. Don't worry, I will never consider a DJI...not yet. :D
Ha...I know how you feel. I ordered my 2nd one before the 1st one was even delivered. Just feel naked without it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech