Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Duration of Tornado H920 Plus flight time

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a Tornado H920 Plus I'm very disappointed with flying times far below the 24 minutes advertised by Yuneec. With three batteries the flight time is only 9 minutes and with two batteries the flight time is 12 minutes after which I get the low battery message. Yuneec told me it's just a software problem that is being phased out Solution and that you can still fly for another 9 minutes after the message arrives. I ask the friends of the forum if the flight times are normal or if the batteries are defective. Thank you.

Last edited:
18+ mins with 3 gensace battries

Can this be confirmed? I have been seriously regarding the Tornado upgrade from the Typhoon H and a good part has been anticipating what I believed was 33 minute flight times with the 3 cells. At least 20 minutes with expected actual calculations. Is under 20 minutes the reality with three batteries?

Thank you!

mine is only a rough time as I've not put a stop watch on it I erred on the side of caution

I've just looked at my logs I'm getting around 22 mins

This time it's right.
I Confirm everything. After checking the flight times too low compared to those declared by Yuneec, I challenged the defective batteries but Yuneec did not think they should replace them by attributing the inconvenience to the drone software that would be responsible for a low battery alert. At this time I am still waiting to receive from my reseller of the batteries in lieu of the defective ones sent. It's a pity because the drones produced by Yuneec (Both the th and the tornado Plus with CGO4) are Of excellent bill. A great company is seen not only by the goodness of its products but also by the seriousness of its employees

I am guessing, with the adapter plate and the lower quality CGO3+ camera, the flight times will be much better. I haven't flown mine without a camera, but the CGO4 is pretty heavy.

Can this be confirmed? I have been seriously regarding the Tornado upgrade from the Typhoon H and a good part has been anticipating what I believed was 33 minute flight times with the 3 cells. At least 20 minutes with expected actual calculations. Is under 20 minutes the reality with three batteries?

Thank you!

try the H520 ipo the H920+

Thank you!
Twenty minutes is a good estimate with three batteries. Caution: after you experience the photo/video quality from the CGO4 it will be very difficult to use a lower quality camera.

Hi Guys - I am working with Yuneec right now on this problem.
I have data going to them today with flight logs and video etc ...
They are looking at it now.

With 3 batteries on a H920 Plus - fully charged and getting a warning at 7 minutes.
We pushed the aircraft to 26 minutes of flight time - to an auto land.
Even with many warnings to land.
All done with safety in mind.

Will let you know where we get.

Doc

Hi Guys - I am working with Yuneec right now on this problem.
I have data going to them today with flight logs and video etc ...
They are looking at it now.

With 3 batteries on a H920 Plus - fully charged and getting a warning at 7 minutes.
We pushed the aircraft to 26 minutes of flight time - to an auto land.
Even with many warnings to land.
All done with safety in mind.

Will let you know where we get.

Doc,
I am very interested in your investigation of battery duration. Please keep us posted on the results of your study. I currently get 11 minutes of flying time before the first battery warning. This is with 3 fully charged batteries (4.2volts per cell), CGO4 onboard, light winds(<5kts), 70° F atmosphere, and gentle flying. I may have a defective battery issue since there is some battery case swelling/puffing. I had a similar issue with 2 batteries from the original Blade 350QX.

Still no major update, however if you want some extra movement - jump in with your statements as well...

Here is the latest.

Hi Doc,

Thank you for messaging. I have passed all of your information on to our product developer and he is in touch with the engineering team over this issue. We appreciate your patience, and we will be in contact with you as soon as we have additional information. If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you,

Mitch M
Technical Support
| Yuneec USA
5555 Ontario Mills Pkwy
Ontario, CA 91764
T: 844-898-6332
www.yuneec.com
[email protected]

Also go here ...
Se requiere un control de seguridad

HIGHLY recommend using the Messenger connection to ask them about the same issues ....

Doc52,

You have mentioned the low battery warning but have you noted actual battery voltage at the time the warning is initiated? The displayed voltage will by itself determine if the warning is true or a false flag generated by a software error.

Well, I finally got to take the H920 with the plus upgrade up tonight. First, she is not as responsive with the ST16 as with the ST24. And before anyone asks, yes, I did have it in rabbit mode. Second, I too suffer from the 7 minute batter issue with 3 batteries. Mine went from 24 volts down to 22 and the meter read half battery, soon after, it went into low battery warning. I plan to take it out again tomorrow and do the same thing, but when I land I am going to compare the batter meter on the ST16, with the digital battery meter and see if it lines up. I am goin to Call Yuneec USA first thing Monday. This is a downgrade if you ask me. I would rather have the ST24 back.

Called Yuneec USA this morning and apparently, it is a known issue that they are working on (7 minute battery). They told me that I could keep flying after the battery warning and should head back to landing zone at 21.4 volts and land at 20 volts

Called Yuneec USA this morning and apparently, it is a known issue that they are working on (7 minute battery). They told me that I could keep flying after the battery warning and should head back to landing zone at 21.4 volts and land at 20 volts
Hi, I bought my H920 Plus used off eBay a week ago and just got to fly it yesterday. It has the same 7 minute flight and then a low battery warning. I brought it to hover 2 feet off of the grass and timed it and I got 12 more minutes. That would be usable EXCEPT, I had a big red warning label on the screen the whole time.
I'm posting so I can get informed when you post the results from Yuneec.
Thanks for letting me know that I wasn't doing something drastically wrong or the H920 wasn't permanently (I hope) broken.
Randolph

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval