Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 / E90

Just downloaded the 20 Megapixel RAW DNG file from here for the new E90:
E90 Gimbal Camera - Overview - Yuneec
I do think that the photo on their page is too overcooked lol.
Anyway it opens in Photoshop CC 2017 and also the latest Adobe Lightroom CC as well.
As I presently shoot my DNG files on the CGO3+ I am used to the crappy Sony look of the photos, blues in the shadows soft corners with the lens etc. The quality of the file is amazing, you will need to add about 50% sharpening in Lightroom like I do with all my Real Estate Photos shot on the Canon 7D MKII in RAW. Also you'll need to boost your saturation way up as it looks like the original RAW isn't too colourful.
Overall the quality is the same if not better than a lot of DSLR's, no CA, corner to corner sharpness, really nice colours are coming from the E90 :)
YUN_0001+(2).jpg

Reactions: zandoli and oliver
Regarding the cards and speed Bob520 recommends, I'm not sure how much 4K you shoot but I can say without a doubt that the Samsung Evo + (orange and white) will not collect a reliable data steam even on the CGO 3+ which of course has a lower bit rate than the two cameras you've mentioned or at least the V90...perhaps you got carried away with listing colors and mistakenly mention the orange and white..I recommend the Delkin V60 and the Lexar 1800X for bullet proof data rates. I'm not sure this has changed since I did data rate testing for a company but at the time there were only 2 or 3 actual manufacturers. The cards manufactured which did not reach the specified data rate were farmed out to all the other lesser known brands (who don't manufacture them) at a much lower price, thus as in almost everything you get what you pay for.
I'm presently in Iceland where someone I was flying with had lots of trouble with 4K and the orange and white cards mentioned,

Just downloaded the 20 Megapixel RAW DNG file from here for the new E90:
E90 Gimbal Camera - Overview - Yuneec
I do think that the photo on their page is too overcooked lol.
Anyway it opens in Photoshop CC 2017 and also the latest Adobe Lightroom CC as well.
As I presently shoot my DNG files on the CGO3+ I am used to the crappy Sony look of the photos, blues in the shadows soft corners with the lens etc. The quality of the file is amazing, you will need to add about 50% sharpening in Lightroom like I do with all my Real Estate Photos shot on the Canon 7D MKII in RAW. Also you'll need to boost your saturation way up as it looks like the original RAW isn't too colourful.
Overall the quality is the same if not better than a lot of DSLR's, no CA, corner to corner sharpness, really nice colours are coming from the E90 :)
View attachment 7292
Definitely "overcooked" to me as well. First of all the color is bordering on cartoonish and the sharpening needs to be turned down...clouds don't have sharp edges in general and the tree line is so sharp it looks like a composite...always adjust your sharpness predicated on content...."one size does not fit all" in other words vary your sharpening settings on content you're shooting...there is even a hard edge where light is dappled this doesn't happen when shooting that sort of content unless it's over sharpened .

Reactions: PatR
Mickey,

I was flying yesterday with a guy using an I-2 and M5xx and the differences between what I see in the E-90 and the M-5 are not all that big. Since 95% of my work is done with stills the 520 may well be a good fit. The alternative, disregarding DJI, costs 4X more.

Something interesting in yesterday's flying was all the other participants were either law enforcement or fire department related. It was mentioned that if I had an alternative platform that provided similar imagery to the inspire that was not of DJI manufacture they would be real interested in learning more and seeing some demos. I'm certain my pricey alternative maker would step up to provide a demo but I doubt Yuneec would.

I'm not sure how much 4K you shoot but I can say without a doubt that the Samsung Evo + (orange and white) will not collect a reliable data steam even on the CGO 3+

Really? I've got a 64 gig EVO (not the plus) U3 in mine, and I've had no issues whatsoever with getting 4k 30FPS recorded. The only thing I've had issues with is the stock card in the CGOET which will ocassionally have some sort of error with writing the photos. Were you testing the U1 or the U3 versions?

Really? I've got a 64 gig EVO (not the plus) U3 in mine, and I've had no issues whatsoever with getting 4k 30FPS recorded. The only thing I've had issues with is the stock card in the CGOET which will ocassionally have some sort of error with writing the photos. Were you testing the U1 or the U3 versions?

I've been using the Orange and White cards for some time without problem - and they worked fine in the E90 at 100Mbs. You do hear about companies selling counterfeit cards, but I'd expect the Samsungs to behave.

You do hear about companies selling counterfeit cards, but I'd expect the Samsungs to behave.

That's why I went with the samsung from a local store. I've heard of issues with some of the Sandisk (I think) from Amazon and the such being counterfeit. If that's true or not I'm not sure, but I'd rather not have to find out.

Good video of the E90 shooting in low light. Even with 200% zoom the quality is good. You can see that the inch of the lens has a lot of influence.

Reactions: Graham and Tuna
Thanks for sharing. Starting to offload my buyers remorse....

First good low light test I've seen, thanks. Uwe Loewer is undoubtedly one of the best "Test Pilots" in the world.
He and Bob520...:D

I forgot to mention it. It's about the rumors of a new CGOET, as you know inside it has Flir electronics. I was at the fair talking to a Flir distributor and he told me that a new dual Flir camera is about to come out. It would be like a Flir vue pro 640 + RGB and its price is high. I comment because there is a chance that Yuneec will reach an agreement with Flir and release a new model with higher specifications than the current CGOET but obviously far from the new dual of Flir. As I said, it's rumors, there's no confirmation or anything, just hope that it will be.

I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by saying this, but I hope you take it with caution.

Good video of the E90 shooting in low light. Even with 200% zoom the quality is good. You can see that the inch of the lens has a lot of influence.

Please forgive my ignorance, I am wondering how the 200% zoom was carried out?

If you shoot in 4k you can then blow it up using your editing program. Pictures look good.
Thanks JC. Much appreciated.
Would be interesting to find out which program he has used. I use Cyberlink director however the result doesn't appear as 'seamless' as this footage....never mind I'll sort somehow.

E90: #1 A countryside scene at height. Lot of haze in the air.
#2 The E90 shows night capability. Objects were indistinct to human eye.
Default cam settings. Click on a spot to bring it closer.

E90 H-resCountry1.JPG
E90 Night Pic-2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!

Ray,
What program do you use for post processing still shots? Although I assume you didn't do any post for these to show straight camera view, you mentioned a lot of haze in the air. I use Photoscape from Microsoft and it has a "dehaze" feature that cuts a lot of haze out of a still without over sharpening or leaving artifacts like a sharpening feature does. I've found it pretty useful for obtaining considerably more image clarity with a minimum of effort. The warmer the day the more moisture there will be in the air and the dehaze function helps fix a lot of that.

Last edited:
It is difficult to determine the level of fog or lack of light by looking at an image without seeing it directly with your own eyes or comparing it with images from other cameras already known and thus be able to compare.

The size of the sensor is a factor that has a great influence on how light is best captured. In well-lit scenes and when zooming in shadowy areas where the sun is not shining directly, the quality of the lens is usually appreciated.

It looks good :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nickesthomas