Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E50 / E90

Ok so all three cameras compared side by side. I'll see what I can pull off.

That would be great to see. I take it for granted that the H520 will fly as well if not better than the H machines I already own. Camera picture quality with no excuses is key to my next purchase.

Just viewed above clips - they look pretty good. Will download and try in FCPX.

Just released from Yuneec Europe
E90

Full Native download
http://download.yuneec.com/E90/YUN_E90_0002.MP4

E50

Full native download
http://download.yuneec.com/E50/YUN_0002.mp4

Thank you once again sir! The E50 imagery is outstanding. Might you know the stand off distance of the aircraft from the crane? If >10' or so this camera will be wonderful for structure/equipment inspection work.

Thanks to whomever for not color correcting in post for the samples. Someone mentioned the possibility of jello being present in the E90 clip, something I did not observe while viewing on a 4k computer screen. I did see what might be glitches in the data collection and transfer process, something that we would expect to see when using a card with a write speed to low for the data being collected or from playback buffering. Overall I like it.

Thank you once again sir! The E50 imagery is outstanding. Might you know the stand off distance of the aircraft from the crane? If >10' or so this camera will be wonderful for structure/equipment inspection work.

Thanks to whomever for not color correcting in post for the samples. Someone mentioned the possibility of jello being present in the E90 clip, something I did not observe while viewing on a 4k computer screen. I did see what might be glitches in the data collection and transfer process, something that we would expect to see when using a card with a write speed to low for the data being collected or from playback buffering. Overall I like it.

I have a QHD monitor but I don't think the monitor will influence it. I see like little tugs that in the other video, the one of the horses, I have not noticed, I don't know.......

If the others see it well then it will be my thing, things of the age maybe? :mad:

The video I posted yesterday was recorded at 100mbs, after downloading the native e90 video that Yuneec Europe posted, I noticed it was only recorded or rendered at 60mbs. I did leave a comment on the YouTube video and they said they will be posting more videos at different bitrates very soon.

Reactions: arruntus
Tuna,

The above is the exact opposite of what just about every other Chinese hobby product manufacturer does. In fact, many of them plaster the web with the merits and qualities of their products months before they are released, or send a steady stream of video trailers out to every customer's e-mail that has ever bought anything from them. No, I don't think that's the right thing to do either, but if you want to sell something you need to provide a reason to buy. You can easily say you are holding a diamond in your hand worth millions that you have up for sale but until people see and inspect it you'll never sell it. With the 520, a system advertised to be an inspection and mapping rig that has been fitted with new camera models, touting the merits of the geo referencing system, something available to anyone that builds an aircraft using an APM, Pixhawk, or PX4 FC without also demonstrating the qualities of the cameras is going off a little half cocked. Lest we forget, if the imagery is bunk so goes the data collected during the inspection and mapping processes.

I'm not disagreeing - I'm just observing what seems to be happening. Unlike DJI, who aggressively co-ordinate publicity from the core organisation, Yuneec appears to be represented globally by a collection of distributors who work somewhat independently to promote the brand.

It is frustrating, as everything I've seen about this machine suggests it's top notch - from the mechanical platform, through to the flight systems and, yes, the cameras. I think we'll see more and more proof of that, but anyone expecting a high profile global media campaign is going to be disappointed. In a way I'm grateful for that as the Yuneec-DJI wars of last year were just painful.

I'm not disagreeing - I'm just observing what seems to be happening. Unlike DJI, who aggressively co-ordinate publicity from the core organisation, Yuneec appears to be represented globally by a collection of distributors who work somewhat independently to promote the brand.

It is frustrating, as everything I've seen about this machine suggests it's top notch - from the mechanical platform, through to the flight systems and, yes, the cameras. I think we'll see more and more proof of that, but anyone expecting a high profile global media campaign is going to be disappointed. In a way I'm grateful for that as the Yuneec-DJI wars of last year were just painful.

If the same thing happens, the attack would not be directly against Yuneec, it would be against the distributors who in almost all cases are also DJI distributors, throwing stones at your roof is not smart...........

I don't know if it's a tactic thought out in advance but I think it will be effective. Leaving the responsibility for the advertising campaign to the distributors themselves a little (or all) makes them much more involved......

Anyway, I don't understand last year's campaign...... Maybe it started in sectors close to the companies, but then it became viralized among the users, which doesn't make sense. were getting paid for it? A lot of people seemed to play for their food :eek::eek::eek:

Last year was a well coordinated attack on a competitors brand that initiated several months before the product was released. Had they not been caught doing dirty deeds so close to the release of the 520 I have no doubt they would do so again. For the moment they are easy to knock off the pedestal, and they know it.

Reactions: Tuna
Alright, this link will take you to an unedited straight from the cameras (E50 and E90) video: E50/90 - Google Drive These are unedited and at full resolution settings. Hence why they are not side-by-side, like some of you would want them. If I were to run it through a video editor someone would say they were edited videos. Both Videos were flown at 50 Feet AGL (I can post Screenshots later) around an empty property. So, if you want to complain about a sUAS flying around an occupied dwelling at less then 250 Feet AGL. THE PROPERTY IS VACANT! Also, due to YouTube knocking my video resolution down, I am putting them in my Google Drive, no I will not post them somewhere else.

Last edited:
Alright, this link will take you to an unedited straight from the cameras (E50 and E90) video: E50/90 - Google Drive These are unedited and at full resolution settings. Hence why they are not side-by-side, like some of you would want them. If I were to run it through a video editor someone would say they were edited videos. Both Videos were flown at 50 Feet AGL (I can post Screenshots later) around an empty property. So, if you want to complain about a sUAS flying around an occupied dwelling at less then 250 Feet AGL. THE PROPERTY IS VACANT! Also, due to YouTube knocking my video resolution down, I am putting them in my Google Drive, no I will not post them somewhere else.
Thank you for the footage. Very much appreciated.

Thanks again Bob. You can crop the dickens out of a screen grab from the E90 video. The E50 looks real good but the mpxl and sensor differences between the E50 and E90 is evident. The E50 will certainly work out well for structural inspection work.

Thanks again Bob. You can crop the dickens out of a screen grab from the E90 video. The E50 looks real good but the mpxl and sensor differences between the E50 and E90 is evident. The E50 will certainly work out well for structural inspection work.
When there's more than 600 MBs, between the two files on max res. I would say one has a higher MP rate. Also one is at 25 FPS and one is at 60 FPS.

Center metering mode.
Centre metering only controls the auto exposure based on the centre of the frame, nothing to do with the image being a bit fuzzy on one side? Like Oliver said, usually off centre lens causes this problem.

Reactions: oliver
I know, with center mode on my first gen E50 the auto exposure causes the sensor to blur the right side. When I put it in average it's better. I had the E90 in center so I left the e50 in center.
I have a couple hundred hours on that e50 as well so I have tested it thoroughly and with the changing light conditions of desert sunset and with out my ND filters to help, I always end up with a slight blur in the right side with center. I will probably do another video tomorrow once I'm done fixing my car.

Reactions: arruntus and oliver
I know, with center mode on my first gen E50 the auto exposure causes the sensor to blur the right side. When I put it in average it's better. I had the E90 in center so I left the e50 in center.
I have a couple hundred hours on that e50 as well so I have tested it thoroughly and with the changing light conditions of desert sunset and with out my ND filters to help, I always end up with a slight blur in the right side with center. I will probably do another video tomorrow once I'm done fixing my car.
Sorry Bob that doesn't make sense as all the Yuneec cameras including the E50 and E90 are fixed focus cameras, so apart from manually twisting the lens in the camera, you have no focus control at all. The metering modes only control the shutter speed, exposure, in auto mode, so cannot make the image soft or sharp on the edge of the sensor. Maybe the different metering modes shows up the soft issue depending on how light or dark the edges of the image taken is in comparison to the background being filmed, but the issue will be there all the time. I've had the soft edge issue with my CGO3+ when I changed to a 3rd party lens. The right hand side of my image was soft compared to the rest. I fixed the issue by 3d printing a sleeve to fit in my lens mount that perfectly centred the lens on the sensor. Now the focus is the same both sides.

What Is a Histogram, and How Can I Use It to Improve My Photos?

I don't believe there is any way the photographer can control the edge focus on these cameras. They are on or they are off. There may also be a smudge on the right side of the lens. Bob mentioned his is a pre-release system and likely has a few bugs still residing in it. That's what pre-release systems are used for, finding the little things that need corrected prior to setting up for production. If the lens is off center it can be fixed. If it's dirty it can be cleaned.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers