Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

E90 Compatibility Response From Yuneec

Reaction score
Update for Case 79321 - "E90"

"Hello Forrest,

I apologize for the delay in response. Our email system experienced an error which prevented us from seeing certain customer messages, but has now been resolved. While the E90 is not compatible with the Typhoon H, Yuneec will decide in the future whether to make the camera backwards-compatible with the Typhoon H. If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know."

Thank you,

Mitch M
Technical Support
| Yuneec USA
5555 Ontario Mills Pkwy
Ontario, CA 91764
T: 844-898-6332
www.yuneec.com

I can neither agree or disagree, although I'm inclined to agree[emoji4]. If history is used as a guide...

Last edited:
Reactions: Forrestt
I had heard that the problem is the E90 is a 64bit system and the H480 is 32bit, the reason it will never work on the 480.

Easy solution to keep everyone happy, make a camera that is compatible with the H. They would sale more payload attachments then the 520, no matter what part of my business is bringing in money, its bringing in MONEY. Forgetting about the previous model will make me and my company rethink future purchases, based on this experience alone. I like both platforms and whatever drone gets the job done will always be most of our preference. I love the H and next spring when its time to add a bird to the fleet, I hope there will be progress by then.

If E90 is not coming to TH, upgrade path is quite simple for me: Inspire 2. Plenty of camera options and upgrades to choose from. At least with DJI I know that they make multiple cameras for one platform.

Why make TH camera changeable if there is nothing to choose from (not counting FLIR)?

In fact, Yuneec should make E90 a cheap upgrade for TH-owners just to keep us happy. In all seriousness, Yuneec is way behind of DJI in camera department :(

Yuneec needs to understand the American and European consumer market and how we will / could spend money on aftermarket products. This would definitely increase their revenues and keep us H buyers happy.
For some reason some Chinese companies (no disrespect intended) do not understand marketing very well. Yes a better selection of cameras would be in their best interest. WAKE UP YUNEEC!! Do you want to keep loosing customers to DJI??:confused:

My concern is they may no longer care or they lack the ability to perform. If sales of products fall below certain levels there is little impetus to maintain product focus. The 520 is not flying off the shelves, lack of accessorizing has done nothing to elicit more interest in H sales, and no system improvements with previous products indicates a single product focus using very limited resources. Because too little info was available I just bought a 920 instead of a 520. Yuneec still got the sale but if they continue their code of silence and reductions in product support it will be my last Yuneec purchase.

My concern is they may no longer care or they lack the ability to perform. If sales of products fall below certain levels there is little impetus to maintain product focus. The 520 is not flying off the shelves, lack of accessorizing has done nothing to elicit more interest in H sales, and no system improvements with previous products indicates a single product focus using very limited resources.

Last edited:
The H is a great bird and its weak point is the camera! It looks like they are now making a line of options, but not for the H, I find myself once again disappointed in Yuneec. All I wanted was a good flying camera, they got the flying part down, the camera on the other hand is worthless if you want to print larger than a 4x6!

Reactions: rdonson
Update for Case 79321 - "E90"

"Hello Forrest,

I apologize for the delay in response. Our email system experienced an error which prevented us from seeing certain customer messages, but has now been resolved. While the E90 is not compatible with the Typhoon H, Yuneec will decide in the future whether to make the camera backwards-compatible with the Typhoon H. If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know."

Thank you,

Mitch M
Technical Support
| Yuneec USA
5555 Ontario Mills Pkwy
Ontario, CA 91764
T: 844-898-6332
www.yuneec.com
This definitely disappointing that I can not get an upgrade to the camera after spending 1500 (less than a year from my purchase) and competitors are starting to produce better stock cameras in the same price point. You could easily pull ahead or DJI but it is going to be an easy decision when I decide to get the newest tech at the same price. You could have kept my business by keeping me happy with my purchase for a couple of years by offering upgraded accessories. My warranty has not even run out and when I decide to get a 20 mp camera I will have no problem going with DJI. I knew I should have went with the phantom 4. Sad you don't realize the market is yours if you provide customer service well. You are failing on customer service in soo many ways.

This definitely disappointing that I can not get an upgrade to the camera after spending 1500 (less than a year from my purchase) and competitors are starting to produce better stock cameras in the same price point. You could easily pull ahead or DJI but it is going to be an easy decision when I decide to get the newest tech at the same price. You could have kept my business by keeping me happy with my purchase for a couple of years by offering upgraded accessories. My warranty has not even run out and when I decide to get a 20 mp camera I will have no problem going with DJI. I knew I should have went with the phantom 4. Sad you don't realize the market is yours if you provide customer service well. You are failing on customer service in soo many ways.
You are aware that this forum is not owned by Yuneec, right? They have been known to pop in from time to time though, so you may get someone from Yuneec seeing your complaint.

Yuneec have already said the new camera will fit the 480...I posted video of them saying this at CES a few days ago.

The correct answer will become apparent after the H Plus is released. As another CES video mentioned the E-90 is renamed the C-23 for the H Plus, my bet is on it not being backwards compatible with the original H. The H Plus utilizes the same flight control system and re-worked controller as the 520, and the E-90 for the 520 cannot be used with the H. But we'll eventually see what we see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots