Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

**Emergency** H motor failure

I assume the motor turns free by hand with no resistance? There are strong magnets in the motor that can get small screws or the like stuck inside.

I assume the motor turns free by hand with no resistance? There are strong magnets in the motor that can get small screws or the like stuck inside.
They feel the same to me. I do not think anything is causing resistance.

Just for future reference, buy another H when you see a deal on one. If you are relying on a single machine for business this will always put you at risk. I just do this as a hobby and I have three and a spare body and a drawer full of parts.

Reactions: Rayray and Kirrrby
Just for future reference, buy another H when you see a deal on one. If you are relying on a single machine for business this will always put you at risk. I just do this as a hobby and I have three and a spare body and a drawer full of parts.
lol you're right about that. I've put my own self in a bind. I think I may have captured enough footage to make it work. I'll take my actual camera tomorrow and do the rest. Always seems to happen to me at the worst possible time. Lol these drones man. I appreciate the help you guys. I think the ole H will just have to ride the pine tomorrow.

lol you're right about that. I've put my own self in a bind. I think I may have captured enough footage to make it work. I'll take my actual camera tomorrow and do the rest. Always seems to happen to me at the worst possible time. Lol these drones man. I appreciate the help you guys. I think the ole H will just have to ride the pine tomorrow.
Ha...well the camera still works. Just mount the H on a pole and walk around. :)
This will give you a hint at changing a motor. It's actually pretty simple. This was made by one of the members here.

Reactions: Kirrrby
Ha...well the camera still works. Just mount the H on a pole and walk around. :)
This will give you a hint at changing a motor. It's actually pretty simple. This was made by one of the members here.
I just broke the arm over and figeted with the wires. It sounded right for a single GUI test. I'm thinking when it got sent back, maybe a solder isn't quite right? Maybe something is a tad loose or poor connection? Can't get it to do it again, but it almost seems like that's the issue. I'm a mechanical minded guy and not so sure about electrical. That seems to make sense in my mind, but I'm limited in my understanding of the motors and their connections. Thanks again.

I just broke the arm over and figeted with the wires. It sounded right for a single GUI test. I'm thinking when it got sent back, maybe a solder isn't quite right? Maybe something is a tad loose or poor connection? Can't get it to do it again, but it almost seems like that's the issue. I'm a mechanical minded guy and not so sure about electrical. That seems to make sense in my mind, but I'm limited in my understanding of the motors and their connections. Thanks again.
Am I looking at the wrapped wires or the two grey wires?

I think I'm just getting delusional. It's too late for anything and I've got to be up in 3 hours. Thanks again. I definitely appreciate the help. I'll come back and post results. Even if it's 3 months from now. I'll try uploading some of the footage I got today. Turned out amazing.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Guess I'm going to have to call customer service, wait for an hour on hold, then send it back and wait 2 months. Going to have to cancel 3 weddings and 4 commercial shoots. This is going to cost me 5k..... FML.

I agree with Steve, if you don't repair yourself and it's going to cost you 5k in work whilst you send it to Yuneec, buy another H and then it only costs you 1k plus keeps the clients happy.

You guys are awesome. I'm out of town so I have limited resources. The motor almost tries to turn, but it will not spin up. It feels exactly like the other motors, so I don't think there is any resistance or obstruction. I honestly feel like the motor is shot. When i had the fly away, I was under trees, so it shot straight up into the limbs when GPS was lost. Yuneec fixed it for me but it took 2 months. I make a living with this thing. Shooting a 25 million dollar property this weekend.... And it's tax free weekend with extra traffic... Oh boy... Yuneec did have to do some surgery on it, but its ran fine for 8 months. Guess I'm going to have to call customer service, wait for an hour on hold, then send it back and wait 2 months. Going to have to cancel 3 weddings and 4 commercial shoots. This is going to cost me 5k..... FML.

If you are doing so well why do you not have a spare machine? When I started my business the first bit of advice was always have a spare aircraft and camera regardless of what make you fly with. I have two H machines - peace of mind is priceless. Happy flying

Last edited:
Under the circumstances it might be better to call CarolinaDronz or Terrestrial Imaging to order a motor and install it yourself. When time is money...,

You're both right. And see that's the thing, I haven't been doing great. My business just took off and I signed 3 corporate events through Thumbtack which I just started using. I'll see about getting something else if I can find someone around here who has one. I appreciate all of the help and advice and hopefully I can get my **** straight. One day I'll start pretending to be a real pro at this. Lol

Ok guys I figured it out. Went to the HobbyTown here in Shreveport. They let me use their tools and I took the top off. It's a connection problem. By wiggling the 2 grey wires and unplugging and plugging back in, it seems to be working now. Now that's a quick fix and hopefully it will give me a little flying time, but it's a start. Any idea what I should do when I get home?

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ok guys I figured it out. Went to the HobbyTown here in Shreveport. They let me use their tools and I took the top off. It's a connection problem. By wiggling the 2 grey wires and unplugging and plugging back in, it seems to be working now. Now that's a quick fix and hopefully it will give me a little flying time, but it's a start. Any idea what I should do when I get home?
I would go back and look more closely. The two small grey wires are for the LED under the motor. It does sound like your H has a connection problem but I don't think you found it. Perhaps just bumped it while the cover was off. If you open it up again, reconnect to the GUI and have someone activate that motor while you wiggle each of the colored wires going to that arm. Also tap the board where the wires are soldered on using the handle end of a small screwdriver.

You seem to be getting closer. Good work so far. Just keep looking.

Reactions: Rayray and Kirrrby
Hmmm. I never would have guessed that. I did just fly it for 15 minutes and finished the job. We tried wiggling the other 3 and it never made a difference, but you're right I probably bumped them in just the right way. We did the process you suggested by hooking back up the GUI and running the motor separately. Couldn't get it the first few tries, but then magic happened. At least I got the job done and I did use the video you sent to help me get that far. Very thankful for you guys and hopefully I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Almost forgot, landing gear wouldn't come up during that flight. If that means anything at all.

Hmmm. I never would have guessed that. I did just fly it for 15 minutes and finished the job. We tried wiggling the other 3 and it never made a difference, but you're right I probably bumped them in just the right way. We did the process you suggested by hooking back up the GUI and running the motor separately. Couldn't get it the first few tries, but then magic happened. At least I got the job done and I did use the video you sent to help me get that far. Very thankful for you guys and hopefully I can make sure it doesn't happen again. Almost forgot, landing gear wouldn't come up during that flight. If that means anything at all.
The gear seams to get stuck on occasion. Just remove the camera, turn on the ST and the H. Turn the H up-side-down and wiggle each gear and operate the gear switch several times. It usually will break loose.

Sport City huh?
This is a great thread, lots of good info. You're kinda lucky, Kirrby, in more ways than one. Lots of 107 ticket guys have trouble finding work, and you have jobs aplenty.
Keep up the good work, and don't be afraid to cross the Sabine to come see us TXans sometime.

Sport City huh?
This is a great thread, lots of good info. You're kinda lucky, Kirrby, in more ways than one. Lots of 107 ticket guys have trouble finding work, and you have jobs aplenty.
Keep up the good work, and don't be afraid to cross the Sabine to come see us TXans sometime.
There's not many guys over in the Monroe are doing it. I started by talking to realtors and got it with Keller Williams. I shoot their homes for about 7 agents now. Interior/exterior/and drone. But I started using the app Thumbtack and have got some big corporate jobs so that's helped a lot. I'll work on the final product when I get back home. If you'd like to see a little of my recent work you can go to my page. My business name is Levitate Media (daughter's name is Levyn and I had to incorporate it somehow with the drone!). Anyways it's Facebook.com/levitatemediala

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430