Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

**Emergency** H motor failure

Out of town doing a $3,000 photo/video shoot. I flew for about 15 min on the first battery and everything was perfect. I was getting ready to shoot some time lapse so I brought it down and changed the battery. Powered everything down because I really baby this thing after I had a fly away in the 1st month. Had it for over a year now. Anyways new battery, cranked up, got to 3 ft and it made a little cracking noise. Brought it back down immediately, no errors. Maybe it was the intersection I was in? Nope, cranked up and motor error. As you can see, it's almost like it's not engaging into gear. Don't know if it has gears because I've never taken it apart and I'm a car guy, not an experienced drone tinkerer. I'm supposed to go back and shoot at daylight. Am I out of luck? Bad motor? Can the GUI tell me anything? Please please help.

Kirrby, not sure where you are but if if in Florida you can use my H for your project.

If I can make a suggestion, if you are signing contracts you absolutely must have a back up aircraft. When doing business one is none and two is one. If you get busy you might even consider locating a couple of other commercial operators for contract labor back up relief.

Any idea what I should do when I get home?
Just saw a post for some H's for sale on FB from a commercial operation.

Typhoon H w/Real Sense - $800
with shipping = $850
Add an EXTRA 4K Camera (CGO3+) for $100 = $950

Typhoon H without Real Sense - $550
with shipping = $600
Add an EXTRA 4K Camera (CGO3+) for $100 = $700
(4) Typhoon H Hexacopter
----------------------------------------------
They will ALL come packaged with:
1. (3) Batteries
2. (10) Propellors
3. (1) 4K Camera (CGO3+)
3. The standard accessories such as charger, car charger, lanyard, etc...
4. DUAL Whip Antennas Ground Stations w/5 GHz Mushroom Antenna

You guys are awesome. I'm out of town so I have limited resources. The motor almost tries to turn, but it will not spin up. It feels exactly like the other motors, so I don't think there is any resistance or obstruction. I honestly feel like the motor is shot. When i had the fly away, I was under trees, so it shot straight up into the limbs when GPS was lost. Yuneec fixed it for me but it took 2 months. I make a living with this thing. Shooting a 25 million dollar property this weekend.... And it's tax free weekend with extra traffic... Oh boy... Yuneec did have to do some surgery on it, but its ran fine for 8 months. Guess I'm going to have to call customer service, wait for an hour on hold, then send it back and wait 2 months. Going to have to cancel 3 weddings and 4 commercial shoots. This is going to cost me 5k..... FML.
If anyone bothers to ask me for my top tip for commercial operations, my stock answer is to ensure you have at least two aircraft registered for commercial use. That way, if one develops a problem you will always have a back-up aircraft ready for use so less likely to lose any money through having to pass on jobs. Also, having a stand by aircraft looks far more professional in the field should one fail in front of a client...so no loss of reputation.

My thoughts to you, then, is that if you stand to lose $5k then the obvious answer is to invest in a second aircraft to use while your poorly aircraft is being mended. When you get your poorly aircraft fixed you will then have your back-up aircraft. In other words, it's easy: loss of 5k against the cost of a new aircraft to use in the interim. A no-brainer IMHO.

My thoughts to you, then, is that if you stand to lose $5k then the obvious answer is to invest in a second aircraft to use while your poorly aircraft is being mended. When you get your poorly aircraft fixed you will then have your back-up aircraft. In other words, it's easy: loss of 5k against the cost of a new aircraft to use in the interim. A no-brainer IMHO.
I would also add having extra spare parts, props, motors, batteries for the ST-16 or whatever controller you have. And add a few memory cards in there and if you use computers on site, automotive charger for the laptop as well. Be overly prepared and be ready for anything. The "Mothers rule for sweaters", It is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Reactions: Kirrrby

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430