Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

European New UAS Regulation

Reaction score
Hi Everybody. Hope you're all doing good ....
I have a few question for you
Not sure it has already been discussed.

1) Does anyone of you know if Yuneec is going to make the green h520 light flash? Beacause New EU Regulation says that the drone must have at least one green flashing light to allow a person on the ground to distinguish the drone from a manned aircraft.

2) New EU Regulation Sets different drone categories From C0 to C4 , based, mostly, on weight , and let them fly (open Category) in Subcategories, from A1( everywhere) to A3 (bananas fields). New drones will have this lable right from the factory and "old/ Now-drones will have a 2 years transitional period, after that they will fly only in A3 Subcategory ( the bananas fields). H520 + e90 , it is 1.9 kg so it will fly in a A2-like Subcategory. Do you know if Yuneec will making any after-sale kits to match the Cx category ?

3) Last but not least, will the famous rtk upgrade kit be released ? I bought the 520 also for that last year but , due to St16s issues , sent it back in Gemany, Pandemia and E90 issue sent it back again in Germany, i have flown just enought to see the H520E pop up like an advertising ..... kinda of mad right now.

Thanks for your help guys
hope my writing is clearand and understandable ..... :cool:
Have a wonderful day .
Max

Maybe it is a good idea to add a DIY flashing led with arduino pico
Hi Doctorn. Technically, because the eu Regulation, any modification to specs ( Software and hardware) , lead to fly the drone in A3 (bananas). For example . mavic mini weights less than 250g (C0) and because of that, it can flys anywhere (A1) even without any license, but if you modify it it ends up to A3.

Not sure about the 520, but H480, as I remember, the front two lights blink with OBS avoidance on. I can't check right now, due to rainy weather here, but I'm almost sure they do this. So, the first question can be marked with done.

Not sure about the 520, but H480, as I remember, the front two lights blink with OBS avoidance on. I can't check right now, due to rainy weather here, but I'm almost sure they do this. So, the first question can be marked with done.
The 520 has the front lights White and you can turn them off and on as you prefer but I'm not sure about the blinking with the obs on

I replaced the lights in aicraft manner. Two white on the tail, left middle and front are red, right middle is green. Front middle should be green too, now is blue. I'll change the led sometime.

Tomorrow at afternoon I'll check lights with OBS on. Now I can't, because i have removed RealSense as useles and possibly dangeros thing and now I can't turn IPS on.

Reactions: Max_IT
I replaced the lights in aicraft manner. Two white on the tail, left middle and front are red, right middle is green. Front middle should be green too, now is blue. I'll change the led sometime.

Tomorrow at afternoon I'll check lights with OBS on. Now I can't, because i have removed RealSense as useles and possibly dangeros thing and now I can't turn IPS on.
I'll give it a try later too.

Tested. Blinks as expected. Enough is to reorder led PCBs in the right way. Mine is with a blue front right, which will be green ASAP. Looking for a cheap Typhoon H for spares or repair in the EU, but still, I have no success with findings.

Tested. Blinks as expected. Enough is to reorder led PCBs in the right way. Mine is with a blue front right, which will be green ASAP. Looking for a cheap Typhoon H for spares or repair in the EU, but still, I have no success with findings.
good to know. i did not try the 520 yet.
Let me know howcmuch you want to pay for the H, i can take a look here in italyforvyou if you d like

Depends on what is rested from the craft. 80 - 100 euro as a base to talk...

The Fire has no importance and is no longer in progress for the moment as the sound signaling, you attach to a pecadilla.
A simple stobon will do.
What is most important is that from December 30, 2020, the European regulation comes into force and your H520, the other Typhoons, the Autel Evo 1 and Evo2 will remain grounded with the ban on flying if they are not equipped with a transponder which sends the drone signal to the ground.
However, neither Yuneec nor Autel have moved a finger to add this function to their devices.
The only one who has done this is Dji who has implemented it in his drones since the summer. Thus, my Mavic is regulatory now because it has this function of integrated transponder.
Even DJI's latest addition, the Mini 2 is equipped with it.
Don't wait for Yunnec to do something, and time is running out now.

• Wow
Reactions: Mike Irish
From December 30, 2020, the European regulation comes into force and your H520, the other Typhoons, the Autel Evo 1 and Evo2 will remain grounded with the ban on flying if they are not equipped with a transponder which sends the drone signal to the ground.
Am I now forced to either sell or ground my H Plus? Shocking news

The Fire has no importance and is no longer in progress for the moment as the sound signaling, you attach to a pecadilla.
A simple stobon will do.
What is most important is that from December 30, 2020, the European regulation comes into force and your H520, the other Typhoons, the Autel Evo 1 and Evo2 will remain grounded with the ban on flying if they are not equipped with a transponder which sends the drone signal to the ground.
However, neither Yuneec nor Autel have moved a finger to add this function to their devices.
The only one who has done this is Dji who has implemented it in his drones since the summer. Thus, my Mavic is regulatory now because it has this function of integrated transponder.
Even DJI's latest addition, the Mini 2 is equipped with it.
Don't wait for Yunnec to do something, and time is running out now.
Hi Claudius, I'm pretty sure the transponder thing , refers only to those uass that will have the CE Class Mark and it does not apply to the today drones.....

Sorry, Class or not Class, the transponder is mandatory from December 30, as soon as the drone is in flight.
If your drone flies and you are controlled and the system is not operational and does not return the data to the police on the ground, you can be fined, or even the confiscation of the equipment.
Reread the conventions that will come into force.
Now if your drone does not have the built-in transponder like DJI devices, you need to get a transponder box to attach to the Drone. It costs between 150 and 200 € like this one with an autonomy of about 5 hours.
I have to buy one, which will be used for the Evo 1 and for the H520, both being in the same weight class.
Remote electronic reporting beacon:
(Electronic reporting devices for drones and model aircraft in accordance with the decree of December 27, 2019).
balise-signalement-electronique-drone.jpgbalise-signalement-electronique-drone 2.jpg
For devices weighing more than 800 grams, be sure to register them before June 29, 2020. This will dispense with the need for remote electronic reporting until the end of 2020. If, on the other hand, you acquire a drone of more than 800 grams after June 29, 2020, be aware that it must be compliant or made compliant before taking off ...
The following DJI drones equipped with our DJI OcuSync video transmission system will have a firmware update for remote electronic reporting. These are the Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom, the Mavic 2 Enterprise, the Phantom 4 Pro V2, the Phantom 4 RTK, the Phantom 4 Multispectral, the Matrice 200 V2 and the Matrice 300 RTK ”. Devices weighing less than 800 grams are not affected, such as the Mavic Air, Mavic Air 2, Mavic Mini, Mavic Pro, Spark. For others, especially older Phantoms and Inspire? It will be necessary to go through an external beacon.
So Itou, for the Yuneec and the Autel .........

Please share a document with the required transponder specifications for the UAV. Mode C, Mode S, just ADS-B, what should transmit? Who will give me SQUAWK? How should I set it?

There is nothing to configure, the code to be entered on your declaration form will be given when purchasing the transponder.
The advantage of purchasing is that there is only one code and the device can be put on any device of the same weight class.
The code for DJI for its devices is 1581Exxxxxxxxxx, the x's are the drone's serial number.
You can consult the documents on the Internet, look for European drone laws, if I remember correctly almost 600 pages.
Unrinkable documents to read!

There was a draft decree with technical specifications for a reporting device.
This is not compatible with an ADS-B neither in the frequencies used, nor in the protocol.
It is in wifi in 802.11n at 2.4 GHz, in Ad-Hoc single frame mode, unencrypted, every 3 s and every 30 m.
Quote:
For wifi reporting, yes, it is possible. But different brands use different software. It's probably easy to see if there's a drone in the air, it's just triangulation. But to read the details, you need specific brand software.

In fact wifi is just a (set of) communication protocol. It does not prejudge the CONTENT. And precisely, it is this content as well as the presentation of this content that is defined by DJI and the others with their applications in question. But if the device is capable of generating WiFi frames, then the rest is a matter of programming, therefore firmware. The formatting (presentation) of the data will be carried out by an application, we can bet that it will be on smartphone or tablet (the range of the wifi being limited).
Regarding the determination of the position, it is not planned to do it by triangulation but the device must transmit the following elements:
latitude
longitude
altitude
starting point latitude
longitude of starting point
speed
road

Plus a "manufacturer" identifier, it is a trigram for example "DJI" :) plus a unique number provided by this manufacturer.
If it is an independent transmitter added to the device, an identification code will be given with the transmitter that you will have to put on your identification and registration form as a drone pilot.
Personally, I am waiting for the beginning of next year to know if the code will be valid in all states or if each country will have its own.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Who will listen for these mistic codes in these secret frequencies? Manufacturers trick in a pandemic situation, nothing more.

If EASA, for example, wants something, it is OBLIGATED to give all mandatory requirements before asking whatever at all! No idea about how the FAA works, but I'm very familiar with EASA and local CAA's methods.

The drone itself sends more than enough telemetry. ZigBee transmitter has a unique number. What more?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal