Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

European New UAS Regulation

There is nothing to configure, the code to be entered on your declaration form will be given when purchasing the transponder.
The advantage of purchasing is that there is only one code and the device can be put on any device of the same weight class.
The code for DJI for its devices is 1581Exxxxxxxxxx, the x's are the drone's serial number.
You can consult the documents on the Internet, look for European drone laws, if I remember correctly almost 600 pages.
Unrinkable documents to read!

There was a draft decree with technical specifications for a reporting device.
This is not compatible with an ADS-B neither in the frequencies used, nor in the protocol.
It is in wifi in 802.11n at 2.4 GHz, in Ad-Hoc single frame mode, unencrypted, every 3 s and every 30 m.
Quote:
For wifi reporting, yes, it is possible. But different brands use different software. It's probably easy to see if there's a drone in the air, it's just triangulation. But to read the details, you need specific brand software.

In fact wifi is just a (set of) communication protocol. It does not prejudge the CONTENT. And precisely, it is this content as well as the presentation of this content that is defined by DJI and the others with their applications in question. But if the device is capable of generating WiFi frames, then the rest is a matter of programming, therefore firmware. The formatting (presentation) of the data will be carried out by an application, we can bet that it will be on smartphone or tablet (the range of the wifi being limited).
Regarding the determination of the position, it is not planned to do it by triangulation but the device must transmit the following elements:
latitude
longitude
altitude
starting point latitude
longitude of starting point
speed
road

Plus a "manufacturer" identifier, it is a trigram for example "DJI" :) plus a unique number provided by this manufacturer.
If it is an independent transmitter added to the device, an identification code will be given with the transmitter that you will have to put on your identification and registration form as a drone pilot.
Personally, I am waiting for the beginning of next year to know if the code will be valid in all states or if each country will have its own.
(Can you write the transponder link you have posted? i did not find one yet).
Everthing you say is just correct, but ( it is my thought) article 22 from regulation 2019/947 says that UAS which do not comply with requirements of part 1 to 5 ( C0 to C4 transponder included), shall be allowed, for a transitional period of two years, to fly in A1 if less, than 500grams following uas.open.020 (1) . (just that part 1 of uas.open.020), in A2 if less, than 2kg followinf uas.open.030(2) ... and so on..... The "transponder will be in force only after this transitional period (2023 or 2022) for UAS made without CE marking Class.What do you think?

P. S. i cannot believe, yuneec made a " brand" new drone ,the h520e, without CE class Mark. i know it is a drone made for working but it will be so, much easier to work in open category than in specific category.

Last edited:
A small link of novels for Italy (translate in Italian because in French) : L’Italie reporte le signalement électronique à janvier 2021. Et la France ?
A list of issuers in this document (ie if they are valid on Italian soil), but I think so, since the identifier is standardized with European law.

Reactions: Max_IT
The 800g drone thing is just for France that already has a transponder that has to be "changed/upgraded"due to european regulation that, has been shifted from july to January 2021 due to covid pandemia.

P. S. Im just trying to understand everything in this mess, because if i have to " throw away" my 3000€ drone investment , some heads will fall.

I don't like quadricottero or dronezie ( 2 of our most important website on drones)... they both sucks (personal opinion) ..... they both are more on the advertising side of this world.... sometimes they write not bad suff tho.

Last edited:
Who will listen for these mistic codes in these secret frequencies? Manufacturers trick in a pandemic situation, nothing more.

If EASA, for example, wants something, it is OBLIGATED to give all mandatory requirements before asking whatever at all! No idea about how the FAA works, but I'm very familiar with EASA and local CAA's methods.

The drone itself sends more than enough telemetry. ZigBee transmitter has a unique number. What more?

Easa wants the drone send all this info about uas . and they talk about a open protocol.... IMG_20201110_203918.jpg

And how should that work? Thousands of well equipped cars driving though the woods and trying to receive date from hobby drones? Or a 5G mobile network service? 5G in rural area before 2040? :rolleyes:

br HE

Easa wants the drone send all this info about uas . and they talk about a open protocol....

So, revisioned firmware can cover all requirements. As the protocol is open, ZigBee is the best candidate in this situation. Every ZigBee IC is with a unique number, enough is to agree that this number is OK. What should add in the FW is only a "model name" for transmission, which will be unique and provided from members state CAA.

Just as an example I wrote. No reason to pay money to some aftermarket dark subjects for their products.

Again, must the Firmware supplier want to do it (or can still do it!).
This is not currently the case for Yuneec with the H series, and we will have to go through the purchase box for the add-on.
There is now only a month and a half left to get up to standard and I "extremely" doubt that Yuneec will release firmware for each H series by the end of December. (Even less for the first H 480).

Just as a recommendation. Nobody in France tried to arrange default telemetry as enough for CAA for some reasonable implementation period? I'm doubt, you will buy a third-party device, but CAA will say about useable of this device. For now, I didn't see somewhere accepted from at least one member state suitable transmission protocol.

From another point of view, if you can force your inspector to accept your device, this is good or not exactly good. No health concurrency is producing exactly in this way.

Again, must the Firmware supplier want to do it (or can still do it!).
This is not currently the case for Yuneec with the H series, and we will have to go through the purchase box for the add-on.
There is now only a month and a half left to get up to standard and I "extremely" doubt that Yuneec will release firmware for each H series by the end of December. (Even less for the first H 480).
So, do you think we must add the extra weight to the drone specs? The H520+e90 is 1.983kg and that means i have 16g weight to use before exceeding the 2 kilos need it to stay in A2 Open subcategory.

balise-signalement-electronique-drone.jpg
This is the one I order, it will be used for the H520 and for the Evo since it is the same class.
And do you think that if the H520 does 2,010 kg, they will weigh it on the spot?

how much did you pay for that? do you have any idea on how to install it?
Why you are so hard? Be softer. The logical chain in this situation is Regulation, which he wants to exploit -> No success in the business -> Hope to smash concurrency -> Has a good known inspector in civil aviation authority in this member state -> Has an agreement with the seller/manufacturer of this strange device for some discount -> Wants in the first place right invoice, which will be attached to all papers... And so on...

In some countries, newsletters use a word like corruption, but probably I'm not right, probably I'm not...

The best is to fix it with 3M Dual-Lock.
3M Dual Lock.jpg
Like that, I can switch it from one drone to another.
Also on the Evo, I have to put it on the battery, I have no other choice, otherwise it covers either the Gps or the distance sensors. So when I change the battery, I scratch it on the new one.
Its price is currently 179 €.

Salut tout le monde. J'espère que vous allez tous bien ...
J'ai quelques questions pour vous
Pas sûr que cela ait déjà été discuté.

1) Est-ce que quelqu'un d'entre vous sait si Yuneec va faire clignoter le voyant vert h520? Beacause Le nouveau règlement de l'UE stipule que le drone doit avoir au moins un feu clignotant vert pour permettre à une personne au sol de distinguer le drone d'un avion piloté.

2) Le nouveau règlement de l'UE définit différentes catégories de drones De C0 à C4, en fonction, principalement, du poids, et laissez-les voler (catégorie ouverte) dans les sous-catégories, de A1 (partout) à A3 (champs de bananes). Les nouveaux drones auront ce label dès l'usine et les "vieux / maintenant-drones auront une période de transition de 2 ans, après quoi ils ne voleront que dans la sous-catégorie A3 (les champs de bananes). H520 + e90, c'est 1,9 kg donc il volera dans une sous-catégorie de type A2. Savez-vous si Yuneec fabriquera des kits après-vente pour correspondre à la catégorie Cx?

3) Enfin, le fameux kit de mise à niveau RTK sera-t-il disponible? J'ai acheté le 520 également pour cela l'année dernière mais, en raison de problèmes de St16, je l'ai renvoyé en Allemagne, le problème de Pandémie et E90 l'a renvoyé en Allemagne, j'ai volé juste assez pour voir le H520E apparaître comme une publicité ... .. un peu fou en ce moment.

Merci pour votre aide les gars
j'espère que mon écriture est claire et compréhensible ..... :cool:
Bonne journée .
Max
Bonjour, Je suis basé dans le midi de la France, je viens d'acheter le H520 d'occase, je vais me pencher sur ce que vous evoque, si je comprends bien le H520 de base ne sera plus reconnu en tant que A1 ? cordialement

We should not read between the lines:

The light reporting obligation only applies to aircraft flying at night: the application deadlines are identical to those for electronic reporting.
Aircraft without a person on board used for leisure, by a remote pilot member of an association affiliated to FFAM or UFOLEP and on certain model aircraft sites which give rise to exemption, are exempt from these obligations. etc ....

And as in Europe night flying is prohibited for the moment, there is no need to panic.

In addition, do not count too much on an update of the H520, it is more than a year that there are no more and will not be, the H520 has passed to the stage of the forgotten (like all old drones from Yuneec). Otherwise, if you want to have a drone that can still evolve, you have to invert on an H520e ..............

The EU regulations did say what the drone must transmit, but i dont know how it wiill be transmit, frequencie, protocol etc, etc. so the authorities will receive the signal from the drone...
There is no standard by the EU... or already there is one?
If not, is it possible to have several methods to transmit the signal and the authorities will have "scanners" for all the sistems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22