Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Build 822 Just Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure yuneec pulled this one as well.

I had it available yesterday but just checked and it is back to 784.

Perhaps they unintentionally pw protected the hidden menu and cs have been bombarded with requests [emoji848]
Have they retired?

Perhaps they unintentionally pw protected the hidden menu and cs have been bombarded with requests [emoji848]
The truth, I do not think it's serious

Pulled for update issues some were experiencing, nothing to do with the code it self.

Reactions: mbernholdt
Pulled for update issues some were experiencing, nothing to do with the code it self.
[emoji28] Yet again yuneec sends out a update that mess up random pilots drones.

Updating a H Plus is like a game of Russian roulette, hit and miss.

Reactions: Phaedrus and AH-1G

Every forum respects beta testers. DJI used to have participants in theirs., and only Donnie remains to this day (I love the guy, honest dude) The rest was untrustworthy. I left the camp, because it wasn’t fun reading about mishaps that could be avoided, due to false information, because some stood up for the company. I participated in the Matrice development. My job was stress test, and I became good in finding a drone weakness, as well FW.

Yuneec can be successful if they have a pilot sponsorship program, this will eliminate lazy beta testers. (Oooohhhh what am I saying!! That’s us! Everyone that is flying the H+ on this forum)

“We can fool people at one time, we can’t fool people all the time”

Reactions: Frontier

In the USA its also back to 784 but its a japan version that wont load

You seem to make a video in the same location testing different builds.
I always do initial tests for new firmware releases - for all my aircrafts - from the same place and - if possible - at the same (or almost the same) time.
The main reason is that I want to evaluate each build using the same - as much as possible - environmental parameters.
The first thing to test is how much electromagnetic interference the aircraft can handle by flying inside a highly congested area (a WiFi "bubble") while testing overall stability/performance (i.e FPV lag) and critical functions (i.e RTH).
If everthing goes well, I go to the next step: testing the aircraft at the local R/C airfield test location which is a torture test for the stability (especially for the camera/gimbal), as this area has 80% of the time winds over 3-4 Beaufort (even more when flying near the shore).

This is the next step in testing Build 822 which I hope to do this weekend.

The GOTA was pulled due to tech. issue. I would rather have this than a cold to no response, it shows that they value our opinion, and the new management cares about us, and the product.
I rebuild the build 822. I do not have anything against this build, I just found kinks. What I really like about this build (as shown) in the video, was that it's FAST in acquiring connectivity..

The playing field is level once again..... I will re-review. I am feeling mighty good about this one.

I always do initial tests for new firmware releases - for all my aircrafts - from the same place and - if possible - at the same (or almost the same) time.
The main reason is that I want to evaluate each build using the same - as much as possible - environmental parameters.
The first thing to test is how much electromagnetic interference the aircraft can handle by flying inside a highly congested area (a WiFi "bubble") while testing overall stability/performance (i.e FPV lag) and critical functions (i.e RTH).
If everthing goes well, I go to the next step: testing the aircraft at the local R/C airfield test location which is a torture test for the stability (especially for the camera/gimbal), as this area has 80% of the time winds over 3-4 Beaufort (even more when flying near the shore).

Well said. I follow the same procedure in my testing to be fair to each build. Even more critical when doing range testing.

Reactions: RPR and Frontier

Find a field that has lots of electrical power lines. Stress test; fly in angle mode, and quickly switch to sport while banking. Bang them sticks hard. Just whatever you can think of when you think of "torture" lol

But don't! If it's your personal drone, just fly for fun, and watch your video feed for hiccups during distance test. Have fun, and be safe.

Oh my oh my, this is awful.
A password to be able to get to fundamental parts of the calibration to make sure your aircraft is flying correctly.
WOW what a joke

But if you look now at the time of my post 822 has gone and its back officially to 784. Must be finding some right issues in there to keep rolling back

Last edited:
A password to be able to get to fundamental parts of the calibration to make sure your aircraft is flying correctly.
WOW what a joke

Agreed, if I paid 2 grand for something I own, the h3ll I am going to be locked out of the settings specifically tied to the operation of said product that I originally had access to.

WOW what a joke
Soon the password to take off :oops:

Agreed, if I paid 2 grand for something I own, the h3ll I am going to be locked out of the settings specifically tied to the operation of said product that I originally had access to.

But it is not clear that we were even supposed to have access to it. Nowhere in the manual (official) does it mention anything about doing these extra calibrations. It very much appears it was meant to be a factory only thing. It was only through the Internet that people became aware of it and then decided it was a "must have". I have flown mine 3 times now post 822 update. Solid as always. Go figure.

Just got off the phone with yuneec and they told me 822 is correct and only minor changes will come but the password protected area will not change. They said tapping the screen 5 times to excess the calibration area was not for us to use and yuneec never said to use the other calibrations so now it password protected. I was told from day one the compass calibration was the only one to use. Many company's found this hidden menu and made it sould like yuneec wanted you to use the other calibrations but they did not.

All I know is so far 822 works fine.

Just got off the phone with yuneec and they told me 822 is correct and only minor changes will come but the password protected area will not change. They said tapping the screen 5 times to excess the calibration area was not for us to use and yuneec never said to use the other calibrations so now it password protected. I was told from day one the compass calibration was the only one to use. Many company's found this hidden menu and made it sould like yuneec wanted you to use the other calibrations but they did not.

All I know is so far 822 works fine.
And why on the H520 it is recommended to calibrate after each update?

I have an honest firmware question I hope someone has a good answer for. It’s been buggin’ me for a couple days now.

Why do people that reside and operate in one region download and use firmware that’s specifically labeled for a different region? In this instance I’m referring to an operator in Europe downloading firmware targeting Japan, and Americans doing the same.

Doing things like that might be begging the introduction of “bugs” if firmware was intended to function compatibly with regionally specific frequency and power level standards.

Reactions: Frontier and 10-8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig