Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Firmware Update - Now Can't Connect

Reaction score
I had replaced my first Breeze because of the wifi issue. Then I finally took it out for a flight, worked great, then when I got I started to transfer the videos. It was taking a while so I decided to wait and update the firmware. That was a mistake. Now I'm having the same issue as the first one. No wifi. Can't connect to phone. I have also tried connecting to the PC. No luck. I have a Mac and a Windows machine. Doesn't work on either machine. The first Breeze did the same thing. Is there not sofware for it? Does it just show up as a drive?

Did the firmware update screw things up? I tried resetting the breeze with the reset button. Maybe I'm doing that wrong? I held it down for a few seconds. Then I turned off, then pressed reset button and turned on while pressing button. Still no wifi. ugh.

Good thing a friend gave me a DJI Spark. I can fly that thing.

Use this thread Breeze Troubleshooting Checklist and Help starting at step 2 paying close attention to the lights. You will only be able to see and connect to the Breeze while the Status LED in the arm is blinking green.

What part of the world are you located in as it makes a difference when you update the firmware?

Thank you DoomMeister. I'm in Oklahoma - USA.

Was the startup sequence normal?

Did you get the green flashing LED in the arm?

We’re you able to connect?

OK, I was able to connect via wifi. I did nothing different. Strange. Thank you for the help. What about connecting to the PC? Is there a special trick to do that? Since the wifi is working, should it work on the PC?

OK, I was able to connect to the ip address and access the files that way from my Mac. Cool! Thanks again for the help.

I had replaced my first Breeze because of the wifi issue. Then I finally took it out for a flight, worked great, then when I got I started to transfer the videos. It was taking a while so I decided to wait and update the firmware. That was a mistake. Now I'm having the same issue as the first one. No wifi. Can't connect to phone. I have also tried connecting to the PC. No luck. I have a Mac and a Windows machine. Doesn't work on either machine. The first Breeze did the same thing. Is there not sofware for it? Does it just show up as a drive?

Did the firmware update screw things up? I tried resetting the breeze with the reset button. Maybe I'm doing that wrong? I held it down for a few seconds. Then I turned off, then pressed reset button and turned on while pressing button. Still no wifi. ugh.

Good thing a friend gave me a DJI Spark. I can fly that thing.
So I reached out and spoke with customer support and was instructed that whatever device in which I am using as the controller, I am to place the device in airplane mode while using the drone. After this I have had zero issues getting the drone to connect

So I reached out and spoke with customer support and was instructed that whatever device in which I am using as the controller, I am to place the device in airplane mode while using the drone. After this I have had zero issues getting the drone to connect
So if you turn on airplane mode, that turns wifi and bluetooth and cellular off. I’m assuming you turn Wi-Fi back on but everything else is off?

So if you turn on airplane mode, that turns wifi and bluetooth and cellular off. I’m assuming you turn Wi-Fi back on but everything else is off?
Turning airplane mode on only turns off your mobile data, Your WiFi and Bluetooth should remain on. But if your phone turns those off make sure that you turn your WiFi back on and everything should work for your drone

Putting the phone in airplane mode turns off cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth. To connect to the Breeze you must turn WiFi back on, and if using the controller you must turn Bluetooth back on also.

Using airplane mode is a work around Yuneec is using when there are WiFi connection problems (usually with Android devices), but doing so disables one of the functions of the Breeze (live feed to social media). Since it disables one of the advertised functions, it is not a normal thing to do, hence a work around for the WiFi problem.

A lot of folks in Europe use airplane mode to disable OTA updating of firmware, to remain at an older firmware that allows use of the lower channels in the 5GHz WiFi bands. So they give up being able to live feed, to disable OTA updating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval