Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First attempt at Real Estate Video (don't tell that drone police guy)

Beautiful house... good job!
2 suggestions...
1. Areas inside the house you could maybe brighten and saturate with your chosen video editor to give a bright vibrant look to make it better lit than your camera exposure.
2. Some "Lower Thirds" descriptions of each area as you are entering... this will keep the viewer informed.... also, when they read the details below and miss the video parts while reading,
they will go back and watch the missed section and the end result will be them liking more of what they see.

Excellent work. and Cheers

yeah I messed up exposure but ,lower thirds are not what the client wants :)

Brian,
You pretty much nailed that one.
Have to agree, try a shot about 100 feet up slowly doing one revolution to show off the neighborhood, and slowly decend on the home so you get a good idea of the yard and all.
I like the shot of entering the house, if done right with H then the steady grip, it would be hard to tell if you walked in or flew in.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Aye. Only other things I can suggest is what Jimmylee said about a higher altitude shot with the whole neighborhood layout to show area.
Maybe pan from the garden surroundings - to the house instead of the opposite as the house is the main feature...
but im nitpicking. haha... and you did ask for critique

yeah I messed up exposure but ,lower thirds are not what the client wants :)
I would use lower thirds for anything but sports, reviews, or interviews (where they are intended).

I would use fancy text and titling in areas where I would want copy/text.

I guess I'm the one you're referring to as the drone police guy :) . Funny ... but seriously it look likes you really know how to do this and I want to be friends with you. This is a nice video and exactly what im tryingto do. Maybe we could learn from each other. I have the same handheld unit. You live too far away from me so it doesn't matter to me, I won't bother you . You're in Idaho and I'm in iowa. You can obviously do this so you really should get licensed. FAA reads these forums too. Could I ask what you are charging for a piece like this? Also, what editor are you using? I have Power Director 14.

Nice work Brian.
Maybe slow your pans down a little, particularly inside.
Also, try and avoid getting caught in reflections (1:35, 1:54, 2:14, 2:22) Hard to do, but it does give the final product a little more 'edge'.
I had the pleasure of doing part of the video work for our house. Due to time restraints, I could only do the aerial stuff and had to get another guy to do the internal shots. The aerial stuff was shot with my QAV250. I wanted to use the H but it didn't arrive in time.
Here's the final product:

Looking forward to seeing your second take on the house video.

That's a great video, glad you're figuring out how to make it work!

Only comments would be that shooting the interior stuff from 'chest height' feels a little low, but I've no idea what the professional guidance is on that. Also, it's a great big house, but you only showed one bedroom! When you're making such a comprehensive video, it starts feeling more odd for the stuff you've left out than the stuff you put in.

I really liked the flow through that you showed. Having a video makes so much more sense of the way the house fits together than static pictures of rooms. Lovely stuff!

Very nicely done Brien, the only points I would raise some of the pans need to be a lot slower, try to avoid being in the reflections even it it means having a cut then add a cross fade to continue telling your story, another small point practice practice practice walking or should say gliding with your steadygrip to eliminate the slight up and down movement of your steps, it can be mastered with practice which is what I had to do when I was professionally filming weddings back in the 80's & 90's with a large shoulder mount camera, you could also try and slow some movements down in post edit, with that all said its still nicely put together video just needs some polishing for the wow factor.

Don't be put off practicing the camera walk as mentioned as it does make one look a bit weird walking like that, but the end result you will get excellent super smooth polished video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio