Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First attempt at Real Estate Video (don't tell that drone police guy)

Only thing I would have liked would have been another 1-2 seconds in your fade from one shot to the next. IMHO they were too quick. Still would have liked to have seen a decent or a climb out on the house to see the neighborhood. But in the end in boils down to what the client wants.

Great job Brian.
Like you said, you did it to learn. I think you taught all of us a few things.
Made me think of using the H as a steady cam that is hand held with a direct transition to flight. Will have to try it when I get mine back.

Hi :) and thank you for the kind words, yes I learned allot climbing and orbit are still in my learning curve :) (vertigo) and I really need to see the bird.. Oh and I didnt use the H as a hand held, although you probably could, I used the action cam handle .

Attachments

• yuneec-actioncam-case-plastic-package-contents_1024x1024.jpg
    yuneec-actioncam-case-plastic-package-contents_1024x1024.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 9
I only have 4 comments:
1. excellent choice of music. Pastoral music for a house decorated and painted for the pastoral look.
2. When entering the house and traveling through it, You might keep the camera at 5' 2", the most common eyepoint of the average American woman. A few calculated shots can be lower or higher but the eyepoint is important to the buyer(s.)
3. As another mentioned, a little bit of the video should show the neighborhood.
4. Never, ever let your reflection show up in the video. Pretty tough in that bathroom and it is a must that you show it.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Nice :) the video above learning the ropes is the final -- they want more than i can deliver with the indoor stuff, but I gave it a go they have set a good quality president anyway I learned some cool stuff, and will keep on flying and learning.. see what they are used to here

You could switch to a Nikon digital camera in movie mode for the interior work. You'll have lots more control of the settings and better handling of the overexposure look the CGO3 is getting through the (sunlight) windows.

You could switch to a Nikon digital camera in movie mode for the interior work. You'll have lots more control of the settings and better handling of the overexposure look the CGO3 is getting through the (sunlight) windows.

thank you and I agree! But I do not have the resources for that.

Already had them. Except for the Q500 4k.
What I'd like to know is how to let people like realtors know what they can achieve with our services.

Oh and maybe get a friend with a nice house to let you do one for practice as well.

Bill W.

house.mp4

critique welcome :)
Hey Brian,
I just got my first drone (Q500) a couple of days ago, but I've been in real estate investment for 30+ years. My wife is a real estate agent. We have made videos of homes, but infrequently... none by drones... yet. ;-) Videos and photospheres posted on-line is the next generation of home marketing, in our humble opinion.
Although I bought the drone for fun, this kind of thing was in the back of my mind.
You invited comment, so... ;-)
- Overall, nicely done, but could use several improvements.
- A better feeling for the setting of the home could be had if you started high on a "community shot" and descended to a street, down which you flew the last 50~75 feet to the house at a "high car" eye level, entered the driveway slowly and began to rise up for that great frontal shot you took.
- May I recommend orbiting the home rather than fade in/out on each face of the house.
- The drone could then descend from the orbit to the front door.
- When entering the house, the eye leads to the living room. IMHO, you took a premature left turn to look down the hallway. Go to the living room, but turn left as you enter to show the focal point of that room, the fireplace. Then pan the rest of the space turning right. That's a nice open space between the living room, dining room, and kitchen, which was not adequately captured and presented... again IMHO.
- When you entered the bathroom, the long shot to the left (shower) is where you should go first, then pan around to the free standing tub.
- When transitioning from one room to another, the transition you used from 2:45 to 2:55 was excellent. Strive for that kind of thing.
- You also were probably trying to capture too much. When we have videos shot, we're looking for some dynamic impression and a general layout... walk-through feeling. Some things are better left to stills. The camera can take nice stills as well, so... ;-)
Please don't take this too badly. I think this attempt was very good. This is the critique I'd give to photographer if he were shooting one of my properties.

Hey Brian,
I just got my first drone (Q500) a couple of days ago, but I've been in real estate investment for 30+ years. My wife is a real estate agent. We have made videos of homes, but infrequently... none by drones... yet. ;-) Videos and photospheres posted on-line is the next generation of home marketing, in our humble opinion.
Although I bought the drone for fun, this kind of thing was in the back of my mind.
- A better feeling for the setting of the home could be had if you started high on a "community shot" and descended to a street, down which you flew the last 50~75 feet to the house at a "high car" eye level, entered the driveway slowly and began to rise up for that great frontal shot you took.
- May I recommend orbiting the home rather than fade in/out on each face of the house.
- When entering the house, the eye leads to the living room. IMHO, you took a premature left turn to look down the hallway. Go to the living room, but turn left as you enter to show the focal point of that room, the fireplace. Then pan the rest of the space turning right. That's a nice open space between the living room, dining room, and kitchen, which was not adequately captured and presented... again IMHO.
- When you entered the bathroom, the long shot to the left (shower) is where you should go first, then pan around to the free standing tub.
- When transitioning from one room to another, the transition you used from 2:45 to 2:55 was excellent. Strive for that kind of thing.
- You also were probably trying to capture too much. When we have videos shot, we're looking for some dynamic impression and a general layout... walk-through feeling. Some things are better left to stills. The camera can take nice stills as well, so... ;-)
Please don't take this too badly. I think this attempt was very good. This is the critique I'd give to photographer if he were shooting one of my properties.

I think this is some great info we can all benefit from. Like anything most of us do it takes practice to get great results.

Reactions: Rayray
Hey Brian,

Thank you fo all the great info, there is a newer version towrds the end of this thread, but I reall dont have the training or equipment for inside work , but I love learning and will continue-- I recieved lots of good tips from the gang here and from the realtor.. Oh and I agree on the stills :)

thanks again Brian

Thank you fo all the great info, there is a newer version towrds the end of this thread, but I reall dont have the training or equipment for inside work , but I love learning and will continue-- I recieved lots of good tips from the gang here and from the realtor.. Oh and I agree on the stills :)

thanks again Brian

Hello Brian,
This may be an old thread but I an intrigued. Do you have the video available for viewing someplace? I was unable to find any good links above. Looks like the google drive and youtube links are now dead.

I am just getting a Q500 4k and an interested to see what you were able to create. From the comments above, sounds like you did a great job.

Thanks!
Robert

Hello Brian,
This may be an old thread but I an intrigued. Do you have the video available for viewing someplace? I was unable to find any good links above. Looks like the google drive and youtube links are now dead.

I am just getting a Q500 4k and an interested to see what you were able to create. From the comments above, sounds like you did a great job.

Thanks!
Robert
Robert,

If you want some more to look at, I have a few:

www,youtube.com/PeteHatfieldProductions

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz