Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Crash Totaled My H !

Thanks for the reply Pat...
I am going to get back on the Horse and RIDE AGAIN !
Just a different horse !
I decided to get the Autel EVO, and try something different.
I am going to miss a lot of the things I can do with the EVO, Especially the third party
programs by Helmut Elsner and Tuna's UAV Tool Box !
My main reason is the H's size. So many times I wanted to take the drone somewhere
but it wouldn't fit in the car with all our other junk !

I usually drive my Jeep, very seldom do I take my 1999 Miata and the H, but when I do I have to leave my H container at the house.
119,500 miles
Fly Pan Tilt Challenge.mp4_000024224.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fred Garvin and DCH
I think this has been discussed before, not Yuneec but batteries in general.Canon cameras Lithium batteries, I think I recall to be kept in storage charge when not in use, and Nikons suggests if not used for a long time, out of storage then fully charge, use the camera and drain battery and store in a cool place. Seems to be some conflicting info from different manufacturers.

The name 'Lithium' used by itself can at times be misleading and I suspect why a lot of newcomers end up with bad batteries. It is important to note the exact type of lithium. With the Typhoon H series series we have three separate and distinct types of Lithium batteries, and they cannot and should not be treated the same. The flight packs for all the Typhoon H 480's are LiPo - Lithium Polymer. The packs in all of the ST-16 and ST-16S RC controllers are Lithium Ion while the flight packs for the 520 and Plus's are LiHv or Lithium Polymer High Volt.

Lipo and LiHv must be stored at their respective storage levels - they are different.

LiIon can and should be stored fully charged.

So with cameras the same should/will hold true.

Have you tried having the H follow the Miata?

I drive a Jeep....have an ‘09 Sahara, Red Rock. Had an ‘04 TJ Sport before it. I’ve been considering getting a new one, but I just can’t part with my Sara. Other than consumables (tires, brake shoes, oil, battery) I’ve never had to do anything to her. Once in a while you get a really good one....that car that just always runs and never lets you down.

The name 'Lithium' used by itself can at times be misleading and I suspect why a lot of newcomers end up with bad batteries. It is important to note the exact type of lithium. With the Typhoon H series series we have three separate and distinct types of Lithium batteries, and they cannot and should not be treated the same. The flight packs for all the Typhoon H 480's are LiPo - Lithium Polymer. The packs in all of the ST-16 and ST-16S RC controllers are Lithium Ion while the flight packs for the 520 and Plus's are LiHv or Lithium Polymer High Volt.

Lipo and LiHv must be stored at their respective storage levels - they are different.

LiIon can and should be stored fully charged.

So with cameras the same should/will hold true. Draw your own conclusion.
Nikon seem to say different. As discussion previous, Canon different advice.

While the battery is in storage, charge it at least once every six months and then use the camera to run it flat again before storing it in a cool location.

Last edited:
I’ve built a few Gladiators.....they keep ending up $40k+......

I've been following this thread and noticed that temperature was not considered. I've experienced the rapid voltage drop right after take-off when the battery was cold (in the 30's or low 40's). I even got the low voltage warning within about 1 minute of takeoff on a cold morning flight. That doesn't explain your GPS off problem or the lack of control unless those conditions were in response to low voltage.

Rubik... I fly a lot in the cold (Northeast NY) and the temp this time was in the mid 60's
I get a lot of flying time in the cold.
Thanks for the info !

Last edited:
I usually drive my Jeep, very seldom do I take my 1999 Miata and the H, but when I do I have to leave my H container at the house.
119,500 miles
View attachment 16060
AH-1G...we have an 16 jeep GC, and we boat and jet ski a lot in the summer here...after I load the cooler, life vests, wet suits, cloths, towels, tool kits, 2 5 gal gas cans, for 5, there is not much room for the H !
When my wife and I take the C7 vert, there is not much room in the trunk either. I Know...first world problems.
We like driving around upstate NY in the fall and I'd like to video the hills then, but usually don't make time.

Thanks for the reply Pat...
I am going to get back on the Horse and RIDE AGAIN !
Just a different horse !
I decided to get the Autel EVO, and try something different.
I am going to miss a lot of the things I can do with the EVO, Especially the third party
programs by Helmut Elsner and Tuna's UAV Tool Box !
My main reason is the H's size. So many times I wanted to take the drone somewhere
but it wouldn't fit in the car with all our other junk !

We won’t fault you too much! The UAV isn’t fun if it has to be left at home. We will still welcome you here and hope things work out the best for you.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
AH-1G...we have an 16 jeep GC, and we boat and jet ski a lot in the summer here...after I load the cooler, life vests, wet suits, cloths, towels, tool kits, 2 5 gal gas cans, for 5, there is not much room for the H !
When my wife and I take the C7 vert, there is not much room in the trunk either. I Know...first world problems.
We like driving around upstate NY in the fall and I'd like to video the hills then, but usually don't make time.
Well, some body needs to be mounted on the roof, Your priority is the drone!;) How else are we going to view all the fun your having?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval