Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First ever flight successful

Reaction score
I finally got my H+ 3 days ago and have been chomping at the bit to fly it. Took it down to the local high school practice football field since that's only about a block away and has enough open space. Since I'm new to the drone thing, my only objective was to learn the flight controls, basic maneuverability and bringing it home in one piece. I flew for 2 batteries worth of flight time. Mission accomplished on all but I think it's going to be a long learning curve for me. Hardest part for me was to NOT watch the bird directly and fly looking at the display. That's gonna take some getting used to. I'll learn the camera controls at a later time, after I get comfortable with flying. All flown at low altitued (below treetop level). I'll probably fly a couple of more flights later today, weather permitting. Can't wait to add this to my photography arsenal!

Reactions: biltno and Ty Pilot
Unless you are always going to have someone with you acting as a spotter, you need to learn to look at the bird as well as the display... for example, if you are flying in an area with power lines, you need to keep them in view in relation to the H, because you will never see them on the ST-16 screen... nowhere near the brightness or resolution on the controller to make them out.

Flying these is like driving a car... and using the camera is like operating the audio system... you have to have the flying down before starting to add controlling the camera into the mix. In any of the H series the camera is the single most expensive component... but in it's very nature also your biggest distraction.

To get pure flying practice, you should consider removing the camera for your first dozen flights.

Reactions: AH-1G
I finally got my H+ 3 days ago and have been chomping at the bit to fly it. Took it down to the local high school practice football field since that's only about a block away and has enough open space. Since I'm new to the drone thing, my only objective was to learn the flight controls, basic maneuverability and bringing it home in one piece. I flew for 2 batteries worth of flight time. Mission accomplished on all but I think it's going to be a long learning curve for me. Hardest part for me was to NOT watch the bird directly and fly looking at the display. That's gonna take some getting used to. I'll learn the camera controls at a later time, after I get comfortable with flying. All flown at low altitued (below treetop level). I'll probably fly a couple of more flights later today, weather permitting. Can't wait to add this to my photography arsenal!

Congrats on the first flights. Seeing as this is your first experience in remote piloting, you seem to understand the magnitude of the road ahead and that it will require patience and diligence - thats a good thing. Whether it is RC or Drones; those that take it cautiously and expect there to be a learning curve do better than those that rush in and just 'go for it'. Like mentioned above, get used to seeing the aircraft from your position and making decisions based on your line of sight and what you see as your primary source and be able to coordinate with what you are seeing on your screen.

I spend the vast majority of my flight time looking at the drone. I really only look at the st16 screen to take a picture or make sure the camera is seeing what I am seeing. I think the best advice is to take your time with learning how to fly and most importantly HAVE FUN with it.

I HIGHLY recommend staying above tree level for your flights! Think about it, your new.. do you want to fly into a tree? Welcome to the club man! [emoji106]

Thanks everybody, for all the tips, tricks and advice. I went for another couple of flights this afternoon and just tried flying up/down the field, did a couple of laps around the field following the sidelines and just basically getting used to the responsiveness of the controls. I did one long out and back where I could barely see the aircraft, hovered, turned 180, and flew back. All went well and I think if I continue to do this, the learning will be easier and quicker. I definitely think I'm going to invest in the DY5 charger. Having to charge 2 batteries on a single charger takes WAY longer than I want to wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads