Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Typhoon H flight today!

Reaction score
My first flight with my Typhoon H was today and it was awesome. I have been watching first flight videos and checking out posts about it for three days until I felt I was comfortable. After lift off and hover I was smiling ear to ear.

Awesome. Reminds me of my first flight with my H. It sure is a lot of fun. Just make sure you go through all the pre-flight checks like making sure the battery is fully in and locked in place and be patient while the GPS downloads, 10-12 minutes before a first flight. If you ever feel something isn't right, listen to your little voice. Make sure you're comfortable before flying. Double check your controls and switches and take off in Angle mode. Make sure to read up on all the do's/don'ts regarding calibrations and if something doesn't feel right, land and check the hardware monitor of your ST16 to make sure all controls are working as expected. Be sure to check out Captain Drone's videos on YouTube.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I’ve been watching his videos over and over. Trying to get my similator to bind with my ST 16 at the moment so that I can practice worry free. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Camflyer15
I’ve been watching his videos over and over. Trying to get my similator to bind with my ST 16 at the moment so that I can practice worry free. Thanks for the info.

Glad you did your research and was patient. Some people like to skip the instructions and they always have issues. I did the same before I purchased mine it was definitely a great experience. Congratulations on the first flight with the H

Congrats on your first flight. It's great stuff! When it comes to flying the H, I'm a hopeless fanatic!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Congratulations on an uneventful first flight. The last thing you need on a first flight is 'events'. Looks like your research and patience paid off.

I remember my first flight, and I have to say that it wasn't without an event. I took off in angle but at some point towards the end of the flight I must have caught the switch and put it into smart mode. Fortunately the aircraft was a little over 300 ft away and when I tried to bring it closer it wouldn't budge, so I landed it where it was. A couple of hops and skips but it stayed upright and all was good. Now I'm anal about that switch. Lesson well learned.

Watch out for catching that switch...it's easily done!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dubiousflyer