Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight four.........CRASH

I always land much closer than 26'
There.you go. Never get out of angle unless you are going to one of the smart apps i.e. Follow , watch, ccc etc. I have seen some of you guys take off and land. Your right on top of the aircraft.

Reactions: Forrestt
I flew my H before I read any of the forums and have not switched out of smart mode yet. But I read the instructions and placed the copter 30' away and pressed take off and it took off and hovered three feet in the air and stayed there till you told it to do anything thing else. I have seen the videos on f the guy that had his head cracked open by a phantom. I think that the NFZ is a great idea and the fact the bird won't fly higher than 400' in smart mode is awesome. Less chance my $500,000.00 real helicopter won't have a meet and greet with a drone. Btw I'm 35 dragon
Not always feasible to take off from 26' away, on a lake, on a mountain ridge, on and on and on ! I agree the switch is in a precarious location, but I pre flight check all these before I take off and have learned to not reach across the ST16 to make switch changes ,but from under or from the side. As I feared these issues would happen from day one ! Thus me naming it the "Twenty Six Foot Circle of Death" It is as dangerous to US as it is to bystanders, to buildings, trees and the H itself and my opinion should have the option to remove from the GUI !

Not always feasible to take off from 26' away, on a lake, on a mountain ridge, on and on and on ! I agree the switch is in a precarious location, but I pre flight check all these before I take off and have learned to not reach across the ST16 to make switch changes ,but from under or from the side. As I feared these issues would happen from day one ! Thus me naming it the "Twenty Six Foot Circle of Death" It is as dangerous to US as it is to bystanders, to buildings, trees and the H itself and my opinion should have the option to remove from the GUI !
Go see the video I just made/posted. ;)

It's really sad that people instead of just not pushing a switch they want to disconnect or change the limit inputs. I have dozens of flights on my h and never flown one before but I have not flipped a switch I didn't intend too.

It's really sad that people instead of just not pushing a switch they want to disconnect or change the limit inputs. I have dozens of flights on my h and never flown one before but I have not flipped a switch I didn't intend too.

Accidents do happen ! And when it does, then look out, not that I have changed any settings, and won't. Some have just bumped them accidentally, not intentional !;)

Not sure why you think it is sad? I appreciate a 'skilled' pilot may not make these errors but what is wrong with a switch that cannot be accidentally switched, pretty simple.

Reactions: DroneClone

Sooner or later, you will. Believe me I am not exactly a clumsy person....
But if we want to discuss SAFE mode another thread would be appreciated, I am just trying to get my H back to nominal.

Drone powers up, locks on fine. No apparent power to camera or gimbal. No led at all on camera, no movement, wont connect.

Am I screwed? Off to repair or anyone have any ideas on how to get the camera up? Manual was.....unhelpful.

Did anyone help you out with this? Have you been able to get your camera to work? From my experience the camera would take a tank to kill it, so it's most likely a loose connection being your problem.

Yuneec has not replied, but in their defense, they were closed for the weekend during this event.

Luckily I have figured out the issue and took her up fully functional late last evening before dark.

Still some minor damage to repair, but she does work!

OJH you are my kinda guy. Don't wait on someone else. Fly safe.

How does smart mode affect flight, and make it more "risky"? I am not quite catching on.
Not trying to be rude but I see you only have one post friend. Do some reading in here and you will understand much more on the subject you inquired. ;) Enjoy and welcome !!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots