Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Mode App Hack by Dronie!

Hi Guys

Had a chat with someone in the know in September and the API should be released by the end of the year (full release)
Hope this brings some smiling faces
Put me in for the app when you release it, I'm willing to pay for the right features

I wrote some weeks ago to Yuneec on Facebook that there is a high request for an open API. They told me to forward my request to their product managers. Unfortunately, I never got any replies from them.

However, I will still put as much efforts into the app as I can. I hope to release the next version till end of october or mid of november. No big deals this time, just intervalometer, timer and exposure bracketing and the rest of the missing cgo3 standard features.

Actually, the breeze seems to be more capable of creating more apps for it. Is there a need for another app there? Does the breeze has a cardboard feature?

Reactions: zandoli
I'd pay if it works. Not interested in subscription. Desired features: Battery Percentage rather than volts. Don't know if this is an app or a camera issue -- but fix the date time stamp on files (this is something Yuneec should do). Disable the annoying GPS lost warning tone and vibration when inside, motors not started. Haven't seen a place to do this in the app. Adjustable low battery warnings -- start getting them at 50% -- annoying -- also change the warning to NOT cover the image and other controls (a safety issue when flying to all of the sudden not see what you're doing). All the other ideas above are good too.

So,

to show you, that it is also possible to launch custom apps on the ST10+, I put a small app on the remote which automatically launches when I tap on System Settings. It is now possible to add as many functions as required there. For instance launching the hidden wifi settings page to connect to another wifi than the camera or to review the flight logs directly from the remote as tuna did for the ST16.

device-2016-10-18-205241.png
So, the Q500 and the ST10+ is still a very good product for improvements, I guess.

Is someone actually interested in a similar feature like tunas Flight Center?

So,

to show you, that it is also possible to launch custom apps on the ST10+, I put a small app on the remote which automatically launches when I tap on System Settings. It is now possible to add as many functions as required there. For instance launching the hidden wifi settings page to connect to another wifi than the camera or to review the flight logs directly from the remote as tuna did for the ST16.

View attachment 3654
So, the Q500 and the ST10+ is still a very good product for improvements, I guess.

Very nice!

Features I would pay for:
  • Turn on/off GPS while in flight so that one can fly in the faster off GPS mode, but then switch back to the safety of GPS and home mode when things go bad. Would gladly trade the ironically named "Smart" mode for this.
  • Go to a waypoint (or sequence of waypoints, ie "cable cam").
  • Would be good to be able to specify waypoints in terms of offset from current location so one can replay pattern anywhere.
  • Ability to store multiple waypoint paths under a descriptive title for later recall.
Essentially, I am interested in being able to make the copter fly and aim the camera in a pre-scripted sequence at the push of a button. Am hoping that this API release that IRIS posted about above will enable this kind of tinkering. If not, then I will probably be selling my Q500 and switching to a platform that already does this. The leading vendors seem to be going in this direction, so I hope Yuneec will head that way eventually.

methodus
I would be interested in something for the ST10+. Having a program like Tunas on the ST10+ sounds like a lot of work though. Looking forward to it if you venture in that direction.

So,

View attachment 3654

@methodus, can you tell me how you did this. Was not able to duplicate. What's the secret sauce?

Reactions: Iber
The settings listen to the com.android.Settings intent. Just write an app which replaces the default settings app with your own.

Hey @YuneecHCali any progress on this? If you can give me any info(source code, specs etc) on how you planned to pull this off, then I can help you code this.

I'll be ready to rock and roll after the holiday's on this project and will let you know what you can do to help.

Thanks for showing interest in the project!

Hey guy's sorry I've not had the time to give everyone an update as to my progress on the app...I just had a tragic turn of events occur. I'm asking all forum members to help if possible by visiting a link set up for a family member of mine who was just diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Please share this url and or post on your all social media like FaceBook/Twitter ect. I'd like to help give my step grandmother her last wish.

https://igg.me/at/Vm20TTEP-Kw

Alright guy's I've torn the entire Flight Mode app apart and looks like I'm really going need to roll my sleeves up! This is going to require a ton of work...it maybe easier to create an app similar to Litchi that works with our Typhoon H's. I'm a single coder, but with support from a few friends in different parts of the world this may work!

If I create this app however, because of the time and complexity of such a venture it will not be free....I now have a better understanding of how the Flight Mode app works in conjunction with the hardware and from the looks of it just about anything mentioned in the wants department is possible.

What I need from the members of this forum is a solid commitment that if an app like Litchi is created for the Typhoon H people will pay for it...further more I'd like to get a consensus on what my fellow flyer's would realistically pay for such an app.

Litchi is currently listed at $24.99 US and has 10,000 downloads. I don't need to make

I would buy it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval