Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Mode App Hack by Dronie!

Wow...I see a lot of doubt here! Guy's there is more to this then I'm willing to get into let's just say I had a hand in doing something with the development. I'm not going to go into details for obvious reasons.

Dronie

Toot, Toot! haha :rolleyes:

If you get a stable functioning app, like litchi, I think you will have no problem getting the fee you are asking for.

Alright guy's I've torn the entire Flight Mode app apart and looks like I'm really going need to roll my sleeves up! This is going to require a ton of work...it maybe easier to create an app similar to Litchi that works with our Typhoon H's. I'm a single coder, but with support from a few friends in different parts of the world this may work!

If I create this app however, because of the time and complexity of such a venture it will not be free....I now have a better understanding of how the Flight Mode app works in conjunction with the hardware and from the looks of it just about anything mentioned in the wants department is possible.

What I need from the members of this forum is a solid commitment that if an app like Litchi is created for the Typhoon H people will pay for it...further more I'd like to get a consensus on what my fellow flyer's would realistically pay for such an app.

Litchi is currently listed at $24.99 US and has 10,000 downloads. I don't need to make this app as expensive.

I'll pay if i can get the no-fly-zone completely unlocked. I'm realtor and i use my H to promote my listings, so yuneec unlocked part of it... It only can go 50 feet altitude but that's ridiculous cause i need more cause i video record and take photos from buildings in Miami.... So my friend if you have that feature/improvement for me, i will buy it today.
Thanks

mweir,

That's a very creative suggestion.
Thanks,taking off by the water a lot it's something I consider a bit - to expand this idea further (if you get an app going) is that google maps also has terrain info by means of contour lines, so you could say avoid landing on cliff or very steep slop by the same idea. i.e. if the 10m contour intervals are more the x spacing between each other, then look for the area within the given battery level for the widest separation of contour lines.Screen Shot 2016-10-02 at 16.36.14.png

I think you should focus on making an App that exposes copter functions and commands and let's users write scripts for whatever complex behavior they want out of it. once such platform exists the user base will take care of creating numerous functional scripts that will be shared and made more complex over time.
if you're able to intermediate the communication from the hardware all the way to a javascript environment you can focus on making the foundation properly and not be overwhelmed by designing and refining features, giving the community the tools to expand this immensely.

I think the video feed can be accessed with a streaming video container (I've seen a video playing video via VLC), so if you then put a canvas element and top with possibility for custom drawing of the script you can have any user customize the workings of the HUD, create novel indicators, themes, and maybe even magic lantern type features like luminance zebra, histogram, timelapse intervalometer, even motion detection.

I would definitely pay for a professional grade tool that opens up the typhoon world for me to code custom commands, UI, etc.

I think the video feed can be accessed with a streaming video container (I've seen a video playing video via VLC), so if you then put a canvas element and top with possibility for custom drawing of the script you can have any user customize the workings of the HUD, create novel indicators, themes, and maybe even magic lantern type features like luminance zebra, histogram, timelapse intervalometer, even motion detection.

Some of your ideas are coming in the very next v.0.5 of the Typhoon Camera app. It will add intervalometer and exposure bracketing. This release will come to end of october, maybe a bit earlier. Next I will add live streaming. Register for the beta to get the features as an early bird tester.

Just a side note: I have only a Q5004K with a CGO3. I wanted to buy the H to hack the CGO3+ gimbal, but I don't have the money for that. It's absolutely naive to expect that a paid app is enough to buy required hardware. I will always pay on top. This means, that my app is a gift for you. I hope you understand, what I mean.

Yes, definitely interested in this!

Count me in for beta testing, coding etc.

I have tried to examine the APK file using APK Studio, but have not really figured anything out yet as I am not that well versed in android internals (yet).
I have successfully compiled and deployed a simple hello world test program to my ST10+ using Android Studio.

If you have inside knowledge of the protocols used, and general structure of the code then this should be much easier.

I like the script idea that one of the other posters proposed. Would be great if Yuneec could "open source" their code.

I'll pay if i can get the no-fly-zone completely unlocked. I'm realtor and i use my H to promote my listings, so yuneec unlocked part of it... It only can go 50 feet altitude but that's ridiculous cause i need more cause i video record and take photos from buildings in Miami.... So my friend if you have that feature/improvement for me, i will buy it today.
Thanks

This past week Yuneec had started to fully release the NFZ limit if you have the 107 Remote Pilot Certificate. You need to request a MFZ waiver form from Yuneec. Complete the form, provide your FAA 107 RP Certificate Number, TH Serial Number and return it. They will then send you a FW update for your specific TH. You will then update with that FW, then reinstall the 2.25 FW update.

Just a thought, being a former programmer, I like the idea of building new apps for the H to fill the needs of the end users. I might suspect the reason Yuneec is not opening their APK to the public, is so they can clean up the issues they already have with the recent FW updates. They may be afraid that if others start messing with the H programming, it may cause additional problems to add to those they are already TRYING to deal with. Until their current problems are resolved, they are having lots of returns for repairs. They in fact opened up five more repair centers to handle the volume. If end users started using new apps (even though those in this group would develop tested and solid apps, they probably assume the numbers will go up.

Dennis, nice way to get FPV on cardboard. How is the latency and could you add a live stream to YouTube or Facebook with your app?

No, he won't be able to do that. There are physical limitations to the transmitter prohibiting livestreaming.

I would like to see a dropdown menu is setup so we could select a different flight mode for the mode switch. AKA get rid of smart mode and have Manuel mode in its place. Currently to get to manual mode you have to turn off gps and at that point you loos all the safety function of RTH and position hold if you wanted it. This is how its done on most if not all other smart uav,s.

Jack

Hi that is not manual mode but some sort of altitude mode. because the barometer is still being used. Manual mode is only the gyros's thats all

Alright guy's I've torn the entire Flight Mode app apart and looks like I'm really going need to roll my sleeves up! This is going to require a ton of work...it maybe easier to create an app similar to Litchi that works with our Typhoon H's. I'm a single coder, but with support from a few friends in different parts of the world this may work!

If I create this app however, because of the time and complexity of such a venture it will not be free....I now have a better understanding of how the Flight Mode app works in conjunction with the hardware and from the looks of it just about anything mentioned in the wants department is possible.

What I need from the members of this forum is a solid commitment that if an app like Litchi is created for the Typhoon H people will pay for it...further more I'd like to get a consensus on what my fellow flyer's would realistically pay for such an app.

Litchi is currently listed at $24.99 US and has 10,000 downloads. I don't need to make this app as expensive.

I own and operate a development company, feel free to PM me, would love to get involved any way we can.

Hi Guys

Had a chat with someone in the know in September and the API should be released by the end of the year (full release)
Hope this brings some smiling faces
Put me in for the app when you release it, I'm willing to pay for the right features

Reactions: Burrito and zandoli
An API, really???? that would be awesome!!!
Wow, thats what I'm waiting for! Wohooooo!

Andy

Hi that is not manual mode but some sort of altitude mode. because the barometer is still being used. Manual mode is only the gyros's thats all
Sorry my bad I mean Stability mode the same mode in APM all sensors are active except GPS but its still running in the background thus you still have RTL and position hold with a flip of a switch. Having to look at the app pull down a menu ant turn on an off GPS is just not usable especially in a emergency.

Hi Guys

Had a chat with someone in the know in September and the API should be released by the end of the year (full release)
Hope this brings some smiling faces
Put me in for the app when you release it, I'm willing to pay for the right features

Am smiling already :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval