Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

flying the typhoon H down into a quarry hole

As a "lowly" Q500 4K pilot (though I do have 4 of them) a thought has crossed my mind that might be relevant to this discussion (which for some reason Yuneec keeps sending me). Keith mentioned certain advantages vs. disadvantages to the aftermarket. Please now permit me to SERIOUSLY disembark from the subject of our beloved flying devices. I own a BMW E39 M-Sport with all the goodies provided in the brochure. I love this Orient Blue car. LOVE IT. Have I modified it? Yes and no. It used to leak EVERYWHERE. Now it doesn't. It used to always have a dead battery. Now I keep it plugged in. Would any of you consider these modifications? The great challenge here is that not only does time move forward, but that the motives I have differ from those of the manufacturer. However, there is something to be said for the time capsule of a certain choice made in a certain moment in time by a brilliant mind. This is timeless and worth remembering. As such, it is sometimes worth driving a bone stock but loved old BMW.

As a "lowly" Q500 4K pilot (though I do have 4 of them) a thought has crossed my mind that might be relevant to this discussion (which for some reason Yuneec keeps sending me). Keith mentioned certain advantages vs. disadvantages to the aftermarket. Please now permit me to SERIOUSLY disembark from the subject of our beloved flying devices. I own a BMW E39 M-Sport with all the goodies provided in the brochure. I love this Orient Blue car. LOVE IT. Have I modified it? Yes and no. It used to leak EVERYWHERE. Now it doesn't. It used to always have a dead battery. Now I keep it plugged in. Would any of you consider these modifications? The great challenge here is that not only does time move forward, but that the motives I have differ from those of the manufacturer. However, there is something to be said for the time capsule of a certain choice made in a certain moment in time by a brilliant mind. This is timeless and worth remembering. As such, it is sometimes worth driving a bone stock but loved old BMW.

Well said. That Beemer is a classic.

I’m guessing that in 10 years we may fondly remember the ol’ H and all her idiosyncratic ways while praising the new one that just just rolled off the assembly line. :) Will we crank up the old H for a flight for old times sake?

Well said. That Beemer is a classic.

I’m guessing that in 10 years we may fondly remember the ol’ H and all her idiosyncratic ways while praising the new one that just just rolled off the assembly line. :) Will we crank up the old H for a flight for old times sake?

Thanks Ron.

I believe in the minds that created the device you fly. This is why I purchased 4 refurbished versions of the ones you used to fly for roughly the same amount of money you invested in one H. There was one other detail, I read in several places that the camera in the Q was actually better than the one in the H. Going back to the issue with manufacturers, I think the money went into your landing gear when personally, I needed it in the optics! And so, I drive an old Orient Blue Beemer. You probably do too! ;)

The H is what it is. The H Plus looks to be a real step up so far.

I do drive something of a classic. A blue 2005 Toyota 4Runner with 4WD.

I prefer to call all that “product improvement”.

As for the landing gear, they had that all worked out with the 920, and only made it cheaper for the H;). Hard to make use of a 360* gimbal when you have fixed gear.

As for the camera, the Q4k has the same camera that was fit to the Chroma 4k, and the H has that same camera, but Q and Chroma were too slow for many sporting activities and were/are wind limited.

Last edited:

Agreed... turn that Beemer into a lowrider complete with neon... that's modification. :cool:

As for the landing gear, they had that all worked out with the 920, and only made it cheaper for the H;). Hard to make use of a 360* gimbal when you have fixed gear.

As for the camera, the Q4k has the same camera that was fit to the Chroma 4k, and the H has that same camera, but Q and Chroma were too slow for many sporting activities and were/are wind limited.
You are right about the Q being a tad slow. My uses will include at least 3 at once though. This gives me different camera angles so it is not necessary to fly them around as much. I am even looking into zoom lenses (fixed focal length, not variable) on probably 2 of the 4 in order to further achieve different shots and angles. Think that follow me modes with the Wizard will work on 3-4 at once??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
photomanipulation