Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Foiltastic

Nobody would read past the 10th page anyway... :p

Reactions: PatR
Am I wrong to think that the ESC's are the noisiest, most irradiating thing on any drone (they appear to be UN shielded viewing them at the arms), and fairly erratic & strong frequencies too, but are their harmonics going up to 2.4 or 5.8 ?

As has been said isn't all the 2.4 & 5.8 stuff shielded cables except the actual boards, antennas & only the actual the 'from' conn area can be irradiating energy, the small 2-3mm contacts on tx board ?

I suspect if you had a broadband oscilloscope capable of these frequencies and small antenna for its probe you might just find what is emitting the ugly interfering radiation ?

UNgrounded shielding only seems self-reflecting no, energy just bouncing around ? a grounded shield should turn the energy into heat or physical vibration and not interfere ? but use care on which ground you use, there may be several to choose from (but really should not be but one).

my 2cents, i used to be an EE but not my field.

Hi CrashALot,
I don't know about the EI from the ESC's but aren't they on the main board of the H-480, H-520 and H plus which is in the middle of the two shells which are under the standard GPS and Compass position. With my TOWER you are taking the MODULE out of there and putting it up out of the way and also offering extra shielding and MOST IMPORTANTLY VENTILATION to the entire inner work area of the AIRCRAFT. This can only help the electronics for a long-term solution.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the GREEN side of the GRASS.

ESC's are very noisy as they are generally either PWM or simple square waves of varying widths, and are of 730 thousand volts or more for these motors, constantly changing depending on commands or stabilization of drone !

tbh, sensitive electronics of any sort are vulnerable to even unrelated frequencies and just a strong EMF field propagated can interfere, plastic or carbon being no shield. digital electronics of course much less affected than analog, but remember many things eventually become analog (power) and thus can be affected in the analog domain.

if not for the 'clock' in digital, which is the 'gate timing' for reading an input, then digital itself would be affected even moreso.

a 'voltage' of EMF of any sort can 'look' like a signal to be processed, thus many elec devices are tested both in a faraday cage and in a reflective/normal room to cover best and worse cases, IF a real engineering endeavor.

distance and cooling and shielding is always a good thing !!

I’ll wait. Shoot, it wasn’t until EaglesEye posted the word “done” that I realized he was a staff member. I’ll have to be more aware of these things[emoji56]

Hahaha!!!! You, me both.

I haven’t had time to fly the H+ due to the FCC police. So, been taken the other bird up.

IMG_1546293772.103071.jpg

Any update on the H+ wire harness, John? I haven’t worked on making one, I figured to just buy one off of you.

RPR,
About another couple of weeks, the electronics company that solder and test them have the Xmas and New Year break and should not be far off. But I have all the components now in stock, so won't be long. You will be the first one to get it and my new tower with the fan exhaust is not far off also. It is on the thread of keeping it cool. Johnno Hennessy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval