Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

For the long suffering H customers

Reaction score
How about this for an idea.
I for one am heartily fed up with the behavior of the Yuneec PR dept.
As I sign of appreciation for the delay they have put us through, (with, at the moment no sign of an actual concrete delivery date) ......

How about they offer everyone who has preordered a unit, an extra battery as a token of goodwill.

It would be simple to organize, and it would go a long way to repair the damage done. Myself, I'd be buying an extra battery anyway to make it 3... So how about it.
They could even make it, "Buy an extra one and we'll give you one free"
Only to loyal customers who have prepaid.
What do you think, worth organizing this group and approaching them, it would be a chance for them to show how much they care, instead of the seemingly endless nothing we've been getting.
Let me know, we'll work on it!

some sort of gesture would be nice given what will soon be labelled a fiasco if they change anymore delivery dates, now dont get me wrong I paid ages ago so im not missing the money and am prepared to wait so I am not one of those with raisd blood pressure going on and on about late promises etc, i just accept it will arrive sometime, and chill out......but I can understand the frustrations of some people given how many times conflicting dates have come and gone, so a gesture of some kind would keep people on board, otherwise they may have more defections to DJI

just a thought Yuneec

I agree that some kind of gesture would be really nice and an extra battery would be the logical choice you would think or maybe a discount coupon for when the realsense unit finally arrives?

I agree that some kind of gesture would be really nice and an extra battery would be the logical choice you would think or maybe a discount coupon for when the realsense unit finally arrives?

would be the most useful gesture certainly !

How could we get this movement going then.... Could we approach the administration of Yuneec Pilots, and ask them to contact them on our behalf?
What's your thoughts?

i think their response would be "you are getting a free wizard as it is"........now for those of us who ordered the pro package, we are not getting anything free, so maybe we ought to get something lol

Very good idea, but it will never happen, for everyone of us who "defect" ten more will order one, I am sure!. But it would be worth a try to calm the storm !

i can tell you Yuneec UK have already suggested the free battery gesture to the China HQ, but to be honest whilst DJI China HQ are learning about the power of social media and are getting their act together, I think the current problems show how Yuneec HQ China really have either no interest in public opinion, or simply dont understand it yet and will not be interested in doing anything about it

Reactions: Buddy Collins
China is a different culture… And do business differently (so I understand). While a battery would be nice-- They already "threw in" a Wizard to sweeten their deal and lowered their price (yes, without the backpack and battery # 2 as originally introduced) below DJI's Phantom 4. I still wonder with all the R&D and production…How they can offer a ground station with a built in tablet and a high tech drone and come in BELOW their competitor that has less to offer out of the box.

A discount on the Real Sense would be nice for those of us that will upgrade (sorry to those who have preordered the upgraded drone). I bought the Typhoon H for Real Sense -- That got me hooked and probably what made the drone an award winner at CES. I think MS is still working out the bugs with Yuneec (based on the NAB video) Not sure how high it is on their (MicroSoft's) "list" -- But, MS is a billion dollar company that should come through with a nice option for the Typhoon…And hopefully around June as recently suggested.

At the very least… Maybe throw in some replacement blades for the Hex.

China is a different culture… And do business differently (so I understand). While a battery would be nice-- They already "threw in" a Wizard to sweeten their deal and lowered their price (yes, without the backpack and battery # 2 as originally introduced) below DJI's Phantom 4. I still wonder with all the R&D and production…How they can offer a ground station with a built in tablet and a high tech drone and come in BELOW their competitor that has less to offer out of the box.

A discount on the Real Sense would be nice for those of us that will upgrade (sorry to those who have preordered the upgraded drone). I bought the Typhoon H for Real Sense -- That got me hooked and probably what made the drone an award winner at CES. I think MS is still working out the bugs with Yuneec (based on the NAB video) Not sure how high it is on their (MicroSoft's) "list" -- But, MS is a billion dollar company that should come through with a nice option for the Typhoon…And hopefully around June as recently suggested.

At the very least… Maybe throw in some replacement blades for the Hex.

you already get 2 sets of props, for those of who paid for the professional package (long time ago now) we dont get anything free, so a 3rd battery would be the most useful extra, but doubt very much it will happen

The professional package was never offered in the USA from what I saw. Their original $1799 Typhoon H was dropped to $1299 without backpack or battery #2 (and extra blades) and that was that-- None of the authorized dealers or online companies like Amazon had the pro package). Also, nobody seems to have a street price on the full Typhoon H with Real Sense (something I originally thought was $1799 or "below $2K" as stated at CES). And nobody has stated how much the Real Sense module will actually cost -- I've heard between $200-$400.

How could we get this movement going then.... Could we approach the administration of Yuneec Pilots, and ask them to contact them on our behalf?
What's your thoughts?
I cancelled two weeks ago and will wait until my dealer gets his but, the first place I would start would their Facebook page and make mention (if it hasnt already) with a posting there. I am sure you would get plenty of feedback from both customers and Yuneec.

Reactions: n3srj
I cancelled two weeks ago and will wait until my dealer gets his but, the first place I would start would their Facebook page and make mention (if it hasnt already) with a posting there. I am sure you would get plenty of feedback from both customers and Yuneec.

I've been posting on facebook all week.. nothing.. the liars don't car as what was said above.. Only thing you will get from yuneec involves picking the soap off the floor.. ohh i'm bad!..lol no just tired of the bs like the rest

How about this for an idea. How about they offer everyone who has preordered a unit, an extra battery as a token of goodwill.

Nice idea but Yuneec will LOL in your face. But hey, --I'm not against trying. Don't get your hopes up tho, they've already shown us they don't really care.

I am just going to fly my P3P until it decides to show up at my door, as Yuneec doesn't even know when they will ship out ! I have given up on the changing dates and info from so and so that they heard this and they heard that( meaning dealers), and then I post what I hear and then I feel like I've let you guys down.

Got this email from Carolina Dronz.

Dear Nicholas Guidry,

Hey guys good morning! I Frank here with an update for all of that have pre-ordered the Typhoon H. The news is disappointing but not bad in my opinion.
The Yuneec Typhoon H has been delayed due to high demand and software updates. Yuneec has received an unprecedented amount of orders for their new product. The demand surpassed their production capabilities which is what is causing this delay. Yuneec has assured everyone that placed an order directly with them, including dealers, that the Typhoon H will start shipping by end of the first week of May.
I know that this is disappointing and frustrating for everyone, myself included. But I cannot tell you how much I appreciate Yuneec’s honesty and transparency. They have proven to me that they are committed to providing the best possibly product even if that means delivering it late.
If this causes an issue for you and you do not want to wait for the shipment, then I would ask that you contact me by replying to this email and telling me what you would like to do. If you do not want to wait for the Typhoon H, I would encourage you to consider the other drones that we have available.
I want to thank you for your patience and understanding during this delay and have included an excerpt of the email from Yuneec for you as well.
As always, fly safe!
Sincerely,
Frank Farray
Owner CarolinaDronz.com
-------
EMAIL FROM YUNEEC
“Thank you for your Typhoon H order, and thank you for your patience as we prepare the first shipments of this highly anticipated product. We want to let you know that we have experienced an unforeseen delay in ramping production. Although the issue has now been fully resolved, this means we will begin deliveries later than planned.
Please accept our apologies, and we hope you understand that our commitment to deliver the very best product drove this decision. We plan to ship the first round of Typhoon H units by the end of the first week in May. Production will continue to ramp up over the coming weeks to meet the incredible demand we have experienced. We appreciate your understanding and continued support, and are confident you will be pleased when you receive your Typhoon H.”
While this delay is disappointing, it is in no way bad news. Yuneec is being as honest as possible with all of their customers, including dealers. The interest in the Typhoon H has taken both Yuneec and the industry by surprise. The interest has generated many more orders than Yuneec had planned for which is why they are having a problem keeping up with demand."

Carolina Dronz

So they planned on selling one? Their statement is BS. Firmware issue maybe, but to state that there were more orders than anticipated is a lame excuse. Even if they planned on selling 5,000 not 50,000, there should have been the 5,000 produced to have already shipped and get at least a few out to the dealers and into our hands! I have patience to wait, as I have been, but why feed us lame, BS excuse of production overload ! Hey Yuneec, want to hire me and pay me a $200,000 K annually salary ? I can spin a yarn of Bull **** better than your current PR manager !

Hey wait I want that job. I can put together an impressive resume with excuses for shipping delays!

Funny thing, I was thinking that exact same thing when I read the above email. Where are the units you planed to ship initially? Should you not ship those and get some in the wild to raise more interest with unboxing and flying videos?

Come to think of it: The purpose of the pre-order thing is to determine demand and only after you gauge that you go into production as you can lower the cost per unit if you have larger quantities.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval