Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
Joe in the chat box on Vertigo Drones said:
"So they are not compatible because that gimbal works with the ST24 and not the ST16."

Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks,
Randolph

So are you trying to connect the gimbal and MK58 from a Typhoon G to the 920?

No. The GB603 ProAction Grip with gimbal for the GH4 camera is made to remove the gimbal and camera from the grip and it fits the original Yuneec Tornado H920. I was wondering if it will fit the H920 Plus that comes with the CGO4 camera.
The title of the post was:
"GB603 with H920 Plus??"
I should have been more specific.
The "Chat Box" on Vertigo Drones said no because of the ST16 being used with the H920 Plus. That doesn't make any sense to me since it works fine with a CGO4 camera.

Good question. The CGO-4 gimbal uses 4 thumbscrews to affix to the 920+, and employs a multi pin comm cable that plugs into a connector on the bottom of the aircraft. It might fit but I seriously doubt the control functionality would be present. They eliminated a lot of stuff when they went from the 24 to the 16.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Thanks.
I bought the GB603 ProAction grip and Gimbal and a GH4 camera over a year ago thinking I was going to get a Tornado. That didn't happen but now that they improved it and added autonomous functions, I'm interested again. I had a chance to fly one a couple of weeks ago and liked the way it flew; kinda like a Typhoon H but more stately. Some people might say ponderous instead, but I liked it. I did a POI orbit and tried the camera zoom, but then I ran out of battery and my experimenting was over. I'm wanting one though. I was hoping I might could wait on getting the CGO4 if my GH4 and gimbal would work.

I completely understand what you're saying about how it flies. It's a camera rig designed to generate high quality imagery not a crossover between a toy and prosumer drone. Nobody flies cinema rigs like they are looking to make the best time through an obstacle course, and those flying a Typhoon H that way are often quick to complain about the hard braking and quick response to control input. So what they want and what they are prepared to deal with are two different things. The 920 flies smoooth;)

Look at it this way, you have a GH4, which is a very nice camera, along with a hand held gimbal for "off aircraft use". You can pick up a new 920+ with the CGO-4 right now from Vertigo Drones about as cheap as you'll ever see a new one. Like $700.00 under what everyone else is selling them for. One thing, never fly a 920 with less than two batteries. It will run down a single 4000ma battery pretty fast. Worse, all the current would be passing through only a single 30 amp connector, which could easily fail because the current loading of the 920 is well over 30 amps.

I completely understand what you're saying about how it flies. It's a camera rig designed to generate high quality imagery not a crossover between a toy and prosumer drone. Nobody flies cinema rigs like they are looking to make the best time through an obstacle course, and those flying a Typhoon H that way are often quick to complain about the hard braking and quick response to control input. So what they want and what they are prepared to deal with are two different things. The 920 flies smoooth;)

Look at it this way, you have a GH4, which is a very nice camera, along with a hand held gimbal for "off aircraft use". You can pick up a new 920+ with the CGO-4 right now from Vertigo Drones about as cheap as you'll ever see a new one. Like $700.00 under what everyone else is selling them for. One thing, never fly a 920 with less than two batteries. It will run down a single 4000ma battery pretty fast. Worse, all the current would be passing through only a single 30 amp connector, which could easily fail because the current loading of the 920 is well over 30 amps.
A person can go into the settings and adjust how the H is controlled including stopping. There was a post a while back in the H area that explained how to do the adjustment for smoother stops, and even the adjustments on the pan/tilt speed times.

True, but the H was originally released as being agile, which was one of the things I liked about it. Some already had smooth but speed capable fliers in their tool boxes that made the H with it’s initial set up complimentary.

I placed a price question to Yuneec EU about the alternative GH4 gimbal for my H920+ , - I considered to get it at the time - but they clearly stated it would not work on my H920 after upgrade to H920+.

Thanks.
I bought the GB603 ProAction grip and Gimbal and a GH4 camera over a year ago thinking I was going to get a Tornado. That didn't happen but now that they improved it and added autonomous functions, I'm interested again. I had a chance to fly one a couple of weeks ago and liked the way it flew; kinda like a Typhoon H but more stately. Some people might say ponderous instead, but I liked it. I did a POI orbit and tried the camera zoom, but then I ran out of battery and my experimenting was over. I'm wanting one though. I was hoping I might could wait on getting the CGO4 if my GH4 and gimbal would work.
Have you gotten anything to go with your GB603 gimbal? Plan to use as hand hold mount? Any plans for the GB603? I’m considering adding a GB603, although looking for a pre-owned that has no need for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal