Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Generic cgo3's

Reaction score
I got one of these from a place I won't mention but I was told by them these were refurbished by kav. I reminded whomever I spoke with that kav no longer existed. They look fine, fit fine and don't work at least as far as I can tell. Has anybody else had one of these?

Do they have any electronics inside? You haven't bought just a shell?

I got one of these from a place I won't mention but I was told by them these were refurbished by kav. I reminded whomever I spoke with that kav no longer existed. They look fine, fit fine and don't work at least as far as I can tell. Has anybody else had one of these?
This is a CGO3 for the Q500?

Do you get any lights on the camera?

Does the gimbal try to level itself on startup?

Yeah the green light was flashing and it moved as always but no camera visual on the screen. The q500 at least the ones I have or had were all cgo3 and the h came with the cgo3+.

So did you do the binding procedure for the camera? You won’t get video until the camera is bound to your ST-10+ (or ST-12). See CGO3 binding procedure on page 28 in the attached manual.

Attachments

• q500_4k_user_manual.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Do you have a 5g signal showing on your remote? Sorry Doom don't mean to cut in on you....

Do you have a 5g signal showing on your remote? Sorry Doom don't mean to cut in on you....
No sweat man. Making sure the 5.8 WiFi is showing on the icon is a good idea.

I post references for Peter as his wife has to assist at times. He has effects from a stroke and while he can get it clear in his head, it doesn’t always make it into the physical world. I always have hope that some day he will recover fully.

Reactions: Mechanic
I think you should mention them If it is a fake, or not oem internal electronics, then the consumer has a right to know if there is a fraud out there. Lord knows there is already enough.

I think you should mention them If it is a fake, or not oem internal electronics, then the consumer has a right to know if there is a fraud out there. Lord knows there is already enough.
I’m pretty sure he just needs to bind the camera to the controller. The power up sequence sounds normal.

Well I retired everything once again and as far as binding the camera, I redid the process and switched from cgo3+ to cgo3 and waited and after 2 times it just says camera failed and to retry which I did. The password and redoing of that is when I stopped for the night but I know I'll be back at it early. I even took it outside until the GPS said ready and no cigar.

was there any other info

DoomMeister
Moderator/Tech Junki

or myself may need to know. Such as have you updated the firmware at all, or new repair parts (other than cam in question) Installed recently? was it damaged in flight before? etc... just trying to get the info needed to help you better. I have seen in the computer world in the last 10yrs, the flooding of cheap under par/spec circuit board components put into name brand units and sold as "Refurbished". Or they will say "Factory Refurbished". I have personally had a cell phone I was repairing and came across a resistor of the wrong size put in and was a real mess. funny thing is the phone worked but randomly dropped 5g connections. so tell us the full background on your machine, not detailed just the most relevant.

Well I retired everything once again and as far as binding the camera, I redid the process and switched from cgo3+ to cgo3 and waited and after 2 times it just says camera failed and to retry which I did. The password and redoing of that is when I stopped for the night but I know I'll be back at it early. I even took it outside until the GPS said ready and no cigar.
You are mounting the CGO3 on your Q500 and not the Typhoon H, correct? You need to make sure you do the refresh and select the CGO3 where the last six digits in the WiFi list match the last six digits on the MAC address label on the camera.

With the camera powered up you can also look for its WiFi SSID on your phone or computer.

Thanks and I'll get on it. There is no info except that I bought it as a spare. I also put in a different and new netac sd card. I can try using the st 10+ .

Sorry Peter, I have absolutely no exp with the Q500..... But I would assume that it's similar to the other yuneec models. I fairly new here myself, But I'm more than sure these gentlemen will help you, GL!

These gentlemen are amazing and I read all of their advice and when my eyes open I will begin today's journey. I am in a better situation than most because I only have to walk a half a block to crash a drone![emoji26]

Reactions: Mechanic
I crashed mine in the huge yard I have..... I walked 20ft and achieved this... lol only owned it for 2 hrs.. But I'm guessing were both in the right place...

Well I think I am a bit passed that but still have my own law. It's a simple law that refutes MURPHY's law. Peter b's is a facile but credible law. "MURPHY WAS AN OPTIMIST".

Reactions: Sureshot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss