Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Generic cgo3's

@Peter b,

Here is a list of things to address today::

1) Is the camera a CGO3 with no 360 degree panning, or the CGO3+ that can pan 360 degrees.

2) If it is the CGO3, it needs to be tried out on your Q500 with the ST-10+ (or ST-12) controller

3) if it is the CGO3+, it needs to be tried out on your Typhoon H with the ST-16 controller

4) When it is mounted on the drone and powered up you should be able to see the SSID (networking name) of the camera on the 5.8GHz WiFi on your phone or computer. A CGO3 will be CGO3_XXXXXX and a CGO3+ will be CGO3P_XXXXXX, where the X's are the last 6 digits of the camera's MAC address label on the side of the camera.

76593528-9C87-40F2-8986-FBF2F261E3E5.jpeg
Note that the endcap on the camera should denote CGO3 or CGO3+ and the MAC address is on the label.

Below is where my phone was connected to my CGO3+, note the last six digits matching the label’s last six digits.

A67ACA98-360C-4035-9EB8-D8DA08BB72F3.jpg

Let us know what you get.

Wow, I certainly will. I have done most of the above and will get onto what I haven't. It's really nice of you folks to help and for the very first timers I pretty much know the mistakes that are usually made by Noobs because I think I invented some.

I just put the original camera back on there and the video connected in about 30 seconds. So I am going to start over with the other one after I do some flying today. I have only used cgo3 on the q and only the cgo3+ on the h.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I just put the original camera back on there and the video connected in about 30 seconds. So I am going to start over with the other one after I do some flying today. I have only used cgo3 on the q and only the cgo3+ on the h.
I’m sure all you need to do is bind the new camera to the controller Peter. See page 28 in the Q500 User Manual.

Will try those suggestions again because it could be something dumb. It usually is. Today was interesting as was yesterday. The h I flew yesterday and the q500 I just flew were both a bit wobbly so I am going to recalibrate both and hope that's all it is.

Regarding “generic” CGO-3 cameras, with the auction of all the parts, kits, and drones at KAV I have some concerns over what may suddenly start appearing for sale. There’s a lot of people with less than stellar ethics so it stands to reason some of them will be people that bought KAV inventory with intent to resell.

We need to qualify where people obtained stuff they will be parting out in private sales. I suspect most of what was on the parts and component shelves when KAV folded were parts removed from systems sent to them for warranty work. As none of the H-480 aircraft were being auctioned off with cameras the odds are high that any cameras sold in the auction did not function correctly.

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio