Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Get rid of blurring

Reaction score
I am far from a photographer. So what changes do I need to make to my cameras default settings to remove the blurring while the drone is moving?
Here is my latest video. It's great while stationary.

Generally it's a function of shutter speed. The longer the shutter is open, the more blur you will see with moving objects or movement of the camera. Faster pans will always blur the image with most settings so slow pans will improve the blur somewhat and increasing the shutter speed will help.

Reactions: Ralphy and EricH
Generally it's a function of shutter speed. The longer the shutter is open, the more blur you will see with moving objects or movement of the camera. Faster pans will always blur the image with most settings so slow pans will improve the blur somewhat and increasing the shutter speed will help.
There is a videographer's rule of thumb that says if you are shooting 30 frames per second, you should set the shutter speed to a 60th of a second (think 2x the fps). That produces the "correct" amount of blur in the video. That is supposed to produce just enough blur to make the moving image satisfying. You can deviate from that "rule" for desired effects. However, as Steve said, if you move the camera view too fast, that will look bad anyway because there is just too much movement in that 1/30th of a second between frames. Panning is the main culprit. It's hard to pan slow enough. I just edit out pans that are too fast because nobody wants to see that. Or I speed up that section in post to create something like a "whip pan" which is too fast to follow but gets the point across that the view is moving from left to right or vice versa. If you are following a fast moving object, it is acceptable (and desirable) to have the background blurring.

Also, be sure to LOCK your white balance while viewing a white card or on a scene with lots of different colors. That will keep the colors constant throughout the video.

BTW, that track looks like a blast on quads!

Reactions: Ralphy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder