Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting A Tiny Bit Better with Camera

Reaction score
Just had good enough weather to try out some manual camera settings and seemed to get rid of the dark bottom shadow I was having. still miles to go and learn !
Dumb question to you all? How do I change to/fro 4K I can't find camera settings? Is H to be on to access? and is it the gear wheel on bottom right of screen? Thanks, any camera tips are welcomed!:rolleyes:

Remember the "rule of thirds" DC.
Try and put the horizon at a third of the way through the frame. Usually top third. But as always, some rules are meant to be broken... This may also help lessen the under exposed ground you are getting.

Reactions: DroneClone
Looking Good there Drone.
I spent an entire battery last evening filming a sunset. A few things I found that helps some.
Once you are where you want to film, put it in Turtle mode, helps keep the props out of the shot some, but not always if winds are up.
I went up 200 feet and just let it hover, then all my attention was on the camera, never really touched the controls for the H.
I tried different White balance modes, camera angles and such. Dumb me forgot to take notes, but on playback some looked better than others. It was the one time I wish the camera could tilt up about 10 degrees more. Yeah I would have had props in the picture all the time, but I wanted sky. Took me a few flights to see the H would just sit where you left it and trust it.
I just want to know when your going to get crazy and land that thing on the roof of your car......LOL

DC, haven't looked for 4k yet, will try tomorrow if I have time after getting irrigation set up.

Bob, if you have your tilt control switch in V (velocity) mode, you can tilt the camera up quite a bit more for some reason (if I recall correctly). This was pointed out in a thread when I was asking about the function of these controls since the manual left me confused.

Remember the "rule of thirds" DC.
Try and put the horizon at a third of the way through the frame. Usually top third. But as always, some rules are meant to be broken... This may also help lessen the under exposed ground you are getting.
Many Thanks Glen !;)

Looking Good there Drone.
I spent an entire battery last evening filming a sunset. A few things I found that helps some.
Once you are where you want to film, put it in Turtle mode, helps keep the props out of the shot some, but not always if winds are up.
I went up 200 feet and just let it hover, then all my attention was on the camera, never really touched the controls for the H.
I tried different White balance modes, camera angles and such. Dumb me forgot to take notes, but on playback some looked better than others. It was the one time I wish the camera could tilt up about 10 degrees more. Yeah I would have had props in the picture all the time, but I wanted sky. Took me a few flights to see the H would just sit where you left it and trust it.
I just want to know when your going to get crazy and land that thing on the roof of your car......LOL
Good idea! She doesn't like to get her feet wet and the grass was wet, I'll try today. But I just waxed the "C" and afraid she'll slip n slide off! LOL

I was amused by the very end of your video. There is a lady walking around the school grounds... when she sees you and the drone she stops in her tracks as though she has seen an alien.

I was amused by the very end of your video. There is a lady walking around the school grounds... when she sees you and the drone she stops in her tracks as though she has seen an alien.
She actually came over to me when I was packing up and asked me about it, camera quality, how long it fly's and If it was hard to fly ! I spoke with her for about 10 minutes and she said her husband would probably fall head over heels with one of these !
It was nice to have a positive attitude towards UAS'S for a change ! And not have her ranting "Don't film me while I am doing my cardio walk" LOL !:cool:

Actually did that today, landed like butta. Ground was very dusty and didn't want the props stirring it up into the machine...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval